Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    I will post less and ignore idiotic posts instead of getting all worked up and entering into pointless arguments.

I will stay away from PI.

vCash
    1. Lose ten lbs, even though my BMI is normal.

2. Less wine!

3. Land axel...

4. Cut back on CHEESE!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    1. drink more
    2. watch more cat videos on youtube
    I like those!

vCash
    One positive thought by day

vCash
    1. drink more
    You win the thread.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    1. drink more
    Okay, I changed my mind... I'm going to start doing New Year's Resolutions after all!

"Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

vCash
    1. Get flexible enough to do the splits (forward splits; I can get to about 5-7 inches away, but I'd like to be able to actually do a full split; is this feasible if you're over 35?)

2. Stay away from work at least one day each weekend

3. Stop procrastinating and cut down on wasting time at work so I can stop feeling it necessary to come to work every damn day

4. Try match.com or something similar

vCash
    I want to be able to do at least ten unassisted pull-ups (with no rest in between reps). I'm a girl, so that's a pretty big goal.

vCash
    1. Drink more.
    2. Take more drugs.
    3. Have more casual sex.

Well "any at all" would be more correct, I guess.

vCash
    Alrighty, I'm jumping in!

1. Lose weight. I've lost 20 lbs already and am finally in the "normal" BMI range albeit in the higher end. I would like to lose at least 10-15 more so that I can be in the lower-mid area.

2. Get healthier. I will turn 35 this year and I'm thinking about all my future. I've been lifting weights, doing cardio, and eating healthier and I can't stop. I really don't want to have high cholesterol/diabetes/all other crap people tend to get as they age.

3. More organized. My house is a constant mess. Yeah, I have kids ages 11,10,7,5 but really, it should be more clutter free.

4. Less nervous/paranoid. For instance, today hubby wants to visit his grandma who is basically my MIL since she's the one who raised him. Well, I'm a nervous wreck about going because I know I'll be grilled if hubby's eating enough (she thinks people are scrawny if people don't have a 100 pound beer belly, UGH!), exclaiming about how we have 4 kids and that she always told me stay away from her grandson (um... she has SEVEN kids)... a host of other crap..... HATE!

There, I'm limiting it to these. Now I need to get ready to go visit MIL and hope I don't burn myself with my curling iron because my hands are shaking from the anxiety! UGH, ugh, UGH!

vCash
    I read Michael Pollan's Food Rules, and re-read parts of The Omnivore's Dilemma, so for a host of reasons from health to environmental concerns, I've decided to try having three meatless days a week, at least until my birthday in March. I have no interest in becoming a vegetarian by any means, but I also don't eat enough variety in my day-to-day diet, and the reason isn't even because I'm a picky eater--it's out of habit and convenience.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    I read Michael Pollan's Food Rules, and re-read parts of The Omnivore's Dilemma, so for a host of reasons from health to environmental concerns, I've decided to try having three meatless days a week, at least until my birthday in March. I have no interest in becoming a vegetarian by any means, but I also don't eat enough variety in my day-to-day diet, and the reason isn't even because I'm a picky eater--it's out of habit and convenience.
    Good idea! I read 'In Defense of Food' and I really inspired me to eat better.

My resolutions (which are not really resolutions, just goals that I happen to be working on right now):

1. Take ballet classes. I've already signed up and hope to start next week.
    2. Work on my side splits. I'm already close to my forward splits even though I'm a massive couch potato and haven't worked on them at all since high school, but I've never had my side splits, even when I was younger, so I'm not sure that I'll ever have them completely.
    3. Fix my really bad anterior pelvic tilt. The ballet will help with that.
    4. Eat a mostly vegan/vegetarian diet. I don't plan to become completely vegan or vegetarian because I would like to reserve the right to have meat every so often, on special occasions. For example, I had biscuits and sausage gravy for Christmas.
    5. Practice mindfullness.
    6. Be nicer to people. I've already started this one, but I hope to get better at it so that it eventually becomes automatic instead of being work.
    Roll Tide, y'all!

vCash
    1. Get my will updated.
    2. Stop colouring my hair (somehow without having to shave it down to 1/2 inch).
    3. Start constructing a family tree with all the stuff I have collected.
    4. Have a nice vacation somewhere.
    5. Plant out all my baby trees.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Start the vegan diet, or an adaptation thereof. Maybe go into it gradually with some lean meat or eggs at first. I visit my doc for annual physical next Friday, and we will work it out. DEFINITELY get my body in better order. I've been collecting recipes, looking up recipes online, etc. I'm really psyched! I actually had to eat at McDonalds yesterday-no choice or starve-and the idea revolted me. (I don't do salads.)

vCash
    Get relaxed and do whatever I really want to do even when my nature of anxiety tries to stop.

vCash
    1. Unplug from technology one day a week.
    2. Read more about Autism.
    3. Try something new once a month.
    4. Exercise 5 days a week.

vCash
    I'd really like to thin out (hee, typed think out) the amount of "stuff" in my home. My grandmother was somewhat of a hoarder (grew up during depression, so everything had to be kept/not wasted). My mom has some of her tendencies, so I'm doing my best to avoid it. I'm overwhelmed by stuff and feel trapped by it, so I need to start shifting more of it.

There's always weight and health... I haven't felt well the last year, so exercise has completely slacked off. Not okay.

Get digital cable and a PVR. I've had enough of programming VCRs and never being able to find what I thought I taped.

Cut back on iPod time... too much time playing Plants vs. Zombies.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Well, let's see. I think I already accomplished my new year's resolution because as of today, I weigh what I set my goal for. I've lost 33 pounds since my birthday, September 10th. I went from 168 to 135. I'm truly not sure if I'm finished losing weight because my normal weight was 129 when I started gaining weight and now there's the fact that my metabolism kicked in when I changed jobs (the best thing that could have ever happened). I do a lot of walking and physical activity with my new job.

In August, I had given up in believing I could lose the weight. I didn't think it would ever happen and went against what I've always known in my heart which was to never believe in the word, impossible.

So, never believing in the word, impossible, is my New Years resolution.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Simone411 View Post
    Well, let's see. I think I already accomplished my new year's resolution because as of today, I weigh what I set my goal for. I've lost 33 pounds since my birthday, September 10th. I went from 168 to 135.

Congratulations. That's pretty impressive.

I'm aiming for more time on the elliptical. More walking to the store instead of dropping in on the way home from work. And, sadly, less chocolate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Simone411 View Post
    Well, let's see. I think I already accomplished my new year's resolution because as of today, I weigh what I set my goal for. I've lost 33 pounds since my birthday, September 10th. I went from 168 to 135. I'm truly not sure if I'm finished losing weight because my normal weight was 129 when I started gaining weight and now there's the fact that my metabolism kicked in when I changed jobs (the best thing that could have ever happened). I do a lot of walking and physical activity with my new job.

In August, I had given up in believing I could lose the weight. I didn't think it would ever happen and went against what I've always known in my heart which was to never believe in the word, impossible.

Mazel tov!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast