Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymer Bob View Post
    Is it working for her?
    I would say so. She has won every free skating segment this year with clean performances and regained the Japanese national title for the first time in years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    I would say so. She has won every free skating segment this year with clean performances and regained the Japanese national title for the first time in years.
    And she got HUGE score at Japanesem Nats, even as for this competition standards the score was high 137 points for FS. Even Mao didn't get such high scores when she won Japanese Nats in 2007 or 2008.

I think she can tru a quad at 4CC or WTT where consequences of failing won't be that big as in case of Worlds. If she's not going to try the quad I hope she will at least gor for her triple-triple.
    Last edited by bartek; 12-30-2010 at 08:25 PM.

vCash
    I wish Miki would add more connecting steps and in between moves. Does anyone know why Miki never does outside edge eagles? I think her postures are greatly improved. I even love her layback.

vCash
    Maybe because she might possibly end up with more of a butt-eagle? I agree though, it would be nice if she could even do an extended inside edge spread eagle rather than all the posing in her LP. But, she has added transitions into her 2nd 3lutz and the 3loop over the last couple of seasons. If you look back to 2007 Worlds she didn't have a difficult entrance into any of her jumps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lainerb View Post
    Maybe because she might possibly end up with more of a butt-eagle? I agree though, it would be nice if she could even do an extended inside edge spread eagle rather than all the posing in her LP. But, she has added transitions into her 2nd 3lutz and the 3loop over the last couple of seasons. If you look back to 2007 Worlds she didn't have a difficult entrance into any of her jumps.
    But she had more transitions when she was with Sato in 2004.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lainerb View Post
    And she always does two three-turns before salchow, even is she tries a quad and that's look really nice. I remember that she had difficult entry to her triple lutzes in season 2005-2006 but she switched to simple entry when she started to train with Morozov. Tomorrow I will upload my video with her triple-triples and it can be seen there. I have a problem though because I can't open protocols with scores from competitions from seasons older than 2008-2009 ;/.

vCash
    Here is the brand new version of the video, twice longer with many new quads (some of those from practice would be given credit!).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR68Q4X45hg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    Does anyone know why Miki never does outside edge eagles?
    Some skater cannot physically perform that move. Maybe Miki is one of them.

vCash
    Wow, most of those 2007 practice ones looked bigger and cleaner than the others. Given the mechanics of the quad sal and triple axel are similar did she ever work on triple axels?

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    Wow, most of those 2007 practice ones looked bigger and cleaner than the others. Given the mechanics of the quad sal and triple axel are similar did she ever work on triple axels?
    Yes, with some success in practice, but she's never tried one in competition.
    Be with me always—take any form—drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! it is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orientalplane View Post
    Yes, with some success in practice, but she's never tried one in competition.
    Is there any video footage of her attempting triple axels?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12