Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Oh yeah and next to her he's so stiff. That really stands out.

Quote Originally Posted by 4rkidz View Post
    but I enjoyed their connection and the emotions expressed, I'm more curious to see if Andreev actually sticks around for this project and for once attain his potential
    I am predicting (well, hoping ) he'll be back to modelling or car racing or whatever soon.

vCash
    I don't exactly know if I'm a fan..I certainly have been intrigued by the whole attempt from day one. Their first appearance at Zagreb was , I thought , not as bad as the naysayers were predicting and not as good as some were hoping, but showed a lot of promise considering the length of time they've been together and that he was not an ice dancer to begin with. I see an improvement in him in the short period between Zagreb and Nationals. And I'll continue to watch with interest . I still say it's an awfully big risk for all parties to be taking at the coaching/ federation level, so I think they must have some confidence in what they can accomplish over the next year or two. For Jana and Fedor there's nothing to lose , so they might as well go for it.

Good luck to them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Oh yeah and next to her he's so stiff. That really stands out.
    Is it completely wrong that my mind went fully dirty at this?

Wherever the beautiful and artistic male skaters are! :-D
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    Is it completely wrong that my mind went fully dirty at this?
    No, I don't think so. Naughty thoughts are natural when it comes to Fedor. Remember how trashy his thread used to be?

vCash
    I actually like their programs but I still think it's kind of weird that Fedor decided to become an ice dancer just like that. I don't think his skill is anywhere near her level. Hopefully he improves.. I really think she could have found abetter partner but may have ended up with him instead because he's Marina Zoueva's son. I think that's why there's a lot of hate toward him - people feel he doesn't deserve the position he's in.

vCash
    I was honestly expecting to hate them, since I never really liked either of them on their own, but I was actually impressed by the youtube vids from Russian nationals. Andreev looks rough on some of the footwork, but given the amount of time he's been training as a dancer, I think he's doing amazingly well. It was also nice to see a tamer version of Jana. I never cared much for her skating, but I greatly prefer her without the overly dramatic acrobatics and crazy costumes. I also liked their connection with the music and each other. All in all, I think they'll do well. Its a shame it took them so long to find each other.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    All in all, I think they'll do well. Its a shame it took them so long to find each other.
    All of this time I could have been joying K/A skating, if only someone had teamed them up sooner.

I have been a fan of Fedor's skating for a while, after what happened at Canadian nationals and then when he tried to get Azerbajin citizenship in an effort to be able to compete at the 2010 Olympic games, this partnership is just what he needs to fulfill his potential, Yana is a brilliant dancer, and they seem to really care for each other, plus having him dancing, training hard, focused, competing in his mother's field of expertise, and representing the nation of his birth must make him mom really happy. They a beautiful team, and I cannot wait to continue watching them improve and develop as a team.

I believe that they have the talent, chemistry, and enough heavy support behind them to be serious competitors and medal winners in ice dancing.

vCash
    I don´t dislike this pair, it´s just that I have a horrible feeling that Yana is wasting crucial time with Fedor and should have found a more stabil character (and a more experienced guy in ice dance) as a pair. But on the other hand Yana looks very happy now, I just hope it will last and she will not regret her decision after a year or two...
    Last edited by Jaana; 01-02-2011 at 09:32 AM.

vCash
    Jana is such a good ice dancer. I miss her at high level and I'm very disappointed that they are only in 4th at Russian Nats.
    This pair is not bad at all, but Fedor is not an ice dancer, and you really see this on the ice. His knee bend is not enough.
    I hope he can improve to see them at Euros or Worlds next season !

vCash
    for those who dont like yana being paired up with fedor, who else out there would've been a better match for her?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    . His knee bend is not enough.
    !
    Goncharov Margaglio' and you can probably include Shabalin ' who didn't have any knee bend at the olympics but they did ok

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    Goncharov Margaglio' and you can probably include Shabalin ' who didn't have any knee bend at the olympics but they did ok
    The fact is that I really didn't like the teals you mention (G&G, FP&M and DomShab). But that's another story !
    I like this team, but he really has to improve this in order to be at her height and level.
    You know, Jana is not as tall as Oksana Domnina (I don't know about the others, and I don't really care).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Free DANCE. Get it right!

I'm actually afraid to watch their performances from the competition because of all of the . But I will get around to it..
    I'm a fan of the "idea" of Yana and Fedor skating together. Like you Jenna I haven't watched any of their programs as of yet although in my case it's just that I haven't gotten around to it. It appears as if I'm going to have to look for them on youtube along with V&T.

It also appears to be a good thing I haven't read through most of the K&A thread.

vCash
    I finally saw their FD and I did'nt like it. I blame most of that on the fact that I am one of the few people on the earth that hates The Beatles. I also thought the first lift was awkward and ugly. The second was nice and he seems secure- I am sure some of his previous pair training helped in that regard. But yes they did seem to be skating farther apart than I am used to from elite level ice-dancers Also just to be shallow I hated his hair and did'nt think he looked as attractive as I remember. But she looked great!

I think they do have potential. Fedor's twizzles were better than I expected but I do agree he looked stiff. I could actually see that Jana had to hold back to wait for him to catch up and I am no expert. That being said I do think they have a future if they (ie Fedor) works hard and put the time in. The chemistry is there but not as strong as I thought it would be. I like Jana's new look but also miss her old one. I hope Zueva ends up giving them some truly over the top dances down the line but I doubt it. That part I will miss the most.

vCash

Banned Member
    vCash
    She said they are planning to win the Russian Nationals next year. Realistic?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    I don't think it's as crazy as it might sound... no one really knows how good Fedor could be yet. And it's not like there is a team who is threatening for World medals or way out ahead of the others.
    “What’s on the revengenda this evening?” – Nolan Ross

vCash
    Andreev does need to more active on the ice inbetween lifts and twizzles. But even if lifts really. He does have a great expression on the ice-no doubt about that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Maybe a medal, but probably not a win. Beat Bobrova and Soloviev? I don't THINK so

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Maybe a medal, but probably not a win. Beat Bobrova and Soloviev? I don't THINK so
    Bobrova & Soloviev need to win a medal at Worlds this year (which will be difficult but not impossible for a bronze if V/M dont compete) to firmly establish themselves as the Russian #1 going into next year. If they dont they will be under attack from the teams behind them (thought not neccessarily F/A who I am not sold on yet).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast