View Poll Results: Which Of These Movies Interest You? (Previews For All 12 Linked Below)

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jan. 14th – The Dilemma (comedy with Vince Vaughn, Kevin James, Queen Latifah and Winona Ryder)

1 3.33%
  • Jan. 14th – The Green Hornet (action with Seth Rogan and Cameron Diaz)

8 26.67%
  • Jan. 28th – The Rite (drama with Anthony Hopkins and Colin O'Donoghue)

4 13.33%
  • Feb. 11th – Just Go With It (romantic comedy with Jennifer Aniston & Adam Sandler)

3 10.00%
  • Feb. 11th - Gnomeo and Juliet (animation with Emily Blunt, James McAvoy and Ozzy Osbourne)

7 23.33%
  • Feb. 18th – Unknown (dramatic thriller with Liam Neeson, Diane Kruger and Greg Kinnear)

12 40.00%
  • Feb. 18th – Vanishing on 7th Street (horror with Hayden Christensen, Thandie Newton, John Leguizamo)

6 20.00%
  • March 11th - Red Riding Hood (horror with Amanda Seyfried & Gary Oldman)

12 40.00%
  • March 18th - Limitless (thriller with Bradley Cooper & Robert De Niro)

3 10.00%
  • March 18th - Paul (comedy with Simon Pegg, Seth Rogen, Kristen Wiig, Jane Lynch...)

6 20.00%
  • March 23rd – The Beaver (drama with Mel Gibson, Jodie Foster and Anton Yelchin)

3 10.00%
  • March 25th – Shelter (supernatural horror with Julianne Moore and Jonathan Rhys Meyers)

10 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

vCash
    It's probably in limited release because it is still in threatres here in TO.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Looks like Buzz is correct...

Blue Valentine - Box Office Info

Blue Valentine has an 88% approval rating at rottentomatoes.com, it is released by the Weinstein Company and has a possible Oscar win with Michelle Williams. So a LOT going for it.

You can see the number of theatres the movie has been playing in at the bottom of the link above, so they're slowly releasing it to more theatres as they get closer to the Oscar ceremony, when I expect they will give it a wider release. (I'm guessing they were hoping for more than one Oscar nomination, though.)
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Just came back from seeing "I Am Number Four" and I must say I liked it more than I thought I would. As comic book movies go, this one is not bad at all and is very entertaining. But if you are the type to look for style and substance then you will be very disappointed. Go see it is you just want to escape for a couple of hours.

vCash
    I saw Battlefield Los Angeles today and feel a little disappointed. I love alien invastion flicks but this thing could have been about any battle anywhere involving anyone. It would have been in the US Civil war, WW1, WW2 because there was just so little of the aliens in this movie. It is all about the small band of soldiers and civilians making their way through Los Angeles while shotting some the aliens we rarely get to see. A nice flick but too much focus on the soldiers themselves rather than letting the alien invasion play a major role in the movie itself. It got a 32% rating on rottentomatoes.com. But the movie that got the worse rating of the most recent movie releases in Red Riding Hood which got a 12% rating. OUCH!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I saw "Unknown" (with Liam Neeson) the other week and thought it was pretty good. It seems like he's doing similar types of movies back-to-back, but I hadn't seen them (though they're on my list), so that didn't interfere with my enjoyment of this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I saw Battlefield Los Angeles today and feel a little disappointed. I love alien invastion flicks but this thing could have been about any battle anywhere involving anyone. It would have been in the US Civil war, WW1, WW2 because there was just so little of the aliens in this movie. It is all about the small band of soldiers and civilians making their way through Los Angeles while shotting some the aliens we rarely get to see. A nice flick but too much focus on the soldiers themselves rather than letting the alien invasion play a major role in the movie itself. It got a 32% rating on rottentomatoes.com. But the movie that got the worse rating of the most recent movie releases in Red Riding Hood which got a 12% rating. OUCH!

And these are the two movies I'm most looking forward to seeing! I'm going to see Battlefield L.A. with friends on Tuesday. I will go into it with expectations lowered, so I might enjoy it more that way!

I heard that Red Riding Hood was getting bad reviews, but the previews look SO good...I still want to see it!

P.S. I'll be looking into movies coming out from April to June and will start another movie thread once I've got all the youtube links ready to go. Will start the thread in about a week or so.

vCash
    Thanks Peter! I want to see Thor!!!! And even if it gets 0% ratings on rottentomatoes I will still go and see it! hehehehe

out in a boat (out and about) in Nova Scotia b'ye!
    vCash
    I said earlier I would tell you if I liked Barney's version.. well, Ifound it ok but I didn't find him likeable at all and wasn't too into the movie.

Ijust got back from seeing The Adjustment Bureau and I really liked it though I am not usually into sci-fi type movies.

Spoiler

It's cheap day and march break so I think I will go see Unknown tonight
    The mind of the performer is a very strange thing.
    ~James Galway

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Just got back from Battle: Los Angeles.

"BEST MILITARY RECRUITMENT FILM OF THE YEAR!!!"

But I was entertained. It was well directed, the pacing was good and there were some good performances. I cried a couple of times. Aaron Eckhart is too good for these kinds of movies, but he needs to up his profile so that he can cash some paycheques that are worthy of him. And it's good that he played a hero, because he's played some quite unlikeable guys in the past.

My friend said, "where have I seen him before". I told him he played the biker boyfriend of Julia Roberts in Erin Brokovich. And that he's been in tons of stuff. Had to imdb him to remember exact titles...The Dark Knight, Rabbit Hole (2010 movie with Nicole Kidman), No Reservations (with Catherine Zeta-Jones), Love Happens (with Jennifer Anniston) and over 20 more...busy guy!

out in a boat (out and about) in Nova Scotia b'ye!
    vCash
    I really liked Unknown!
    The mind of the performer is a very strange thing.
    ~James Galway

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post

P.S. I'll be looking into movies coming out from April to June and will start another movie thread once I've got all the youtube links ready to go. Will start the thread in about a week or so.
    Please include this movie. I saw a preview the other day and I think I will actually go to the movies to see this one:

Hanna
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234