View Poll Results: Which Of These Movies Interest You? (Previews For All 12 Linked Below)

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jan. 14th – The Dilemma (comedy with Vince Vaughn, Kevin James, Queen Latifah and Winona Ryder)

1 3.33%
  • Jan. 14th – The Green Hornet (action with Seth Rogan and Cameron Diaz)

8 26.67%
  • Jan. 28th – The Rite (drama with Anthony Hopkins and Colin O'Donoghue)

4 13.33%
  • Feb. 11th – Just Go With It (romantic comedy with Jennifer Aniston & Adam Sandler)

3 10.00%
  • Feb. 11th - Gnomeo and Juliet (animation with Emily Blunt, James McAvoy and Ozzy Osbourne)

7 23.33%
  • Feb. 18th – Unknown (dramatic thriller with Liam Neeson, Diane Kruger and Greg Kinnear)

12 40.00%
  • Feb. 18th – Vanishing on 7th Street (horror with Hayden Christensen, Thandie Newton, John Leguizamo)

6 20.00%
  • March 11th - Red Riding Hood (horror with Amanda Seyfried & Gary Oldman)

12 40.00%
  • March 18th - Limitless (thriller with Bradley Cooper & Robert De Niro)

3 10.00%
  • March 18th - Paul (comedy with Simon Pegg, Seth Rogen, Kristen Wiig, Jane Lynch...)

6 20.00%
  • March 23rd – The Beaver (drama with Mel Gibson, Jodie Foster and Anton Yelchin)

3 10.00%
  • March 25th – Shelter (supernatural horror with Julianne Moore and Jonathan Rhys Meyers)

10 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    Just saw The Green Hornet today and while I loved the idea of a Green Hornet movie, this one falls short quite a bit. This coming from the woman who loved The Last Airbender! First of all Kato is a hottie and totally rocked but could not save this dud of a movie. Here is just a few of the problems as I see it:

1. This movie should not have been in 3-D. A total waste of money
    2. Seth Rogen in this role is totally
    3. The slow motion thing during the fight scenes are just ick
    4. So spoilt brat Britt Reid decides to be a superhero because he's bored?!
    5. Why on earth was James Franco only in the movie for 5 minutes?
    6. Reid's attitude during his father's funeral was waaay inapropriate. Not funny.
    7. Why was Edward James Olmos just another side kick in this movie?
    8. Overall the story is just lame and not funny. I want my money back!
    9. Seth Rogen completely ruined what could have been a great comic book movie. And in my view comic book movies are rrrrreally hard to do badly, but somehow Rogen managed to do just that.
    10. Not nearly enough real time (that is no slow motion!!!) Kato beating up on bad guys!
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

Blergh
    vCash
    I hate Seth Rogen.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    Once I heard Seth Rogan was cast as the Green Hornet, I was turned off to it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    Once I heard Seth Rogan was cast as the Green Hornet, I was turned off to it.
    This is how I feel about Jack Black in any movie. If he's in it, I'm not gonna see it.

vCash
    That Seth Rogen horror show finish #1 at the box office yesterdar according to boxofficemojo.

vCash
    I think I'm done spending the extra dollars on 3-D, usually I forget the film is in 3-D.

vCash
    There is yet another Natalie Portman movie opening up this coming weekend called No Strings Attached. She seems to be everywhere but the one movie of hers that I want to see most opens up in May.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    There is yet another Natalie Portman movie opening up this coming weekend called No Strings Attached. ...
    Wow, talk about from the sublime to the ridiculous. Not the choice I would have recommended for her -- she's an actor who doesn't "need" to do brainless romcoms to keep herself employed, I would have thought. Of course I'm hugely biases and automatically think that any film involving Ashton Kutcher will be brainless, but I guess there's always the exception to prove the rule.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    Wow, talk about from the sublime to the ridiculous. Not the choice I would have recommended for her -- she's an actor who doesn't "need" to do brainless romcoms to keep herself employed, I would have thought. Of course I'm hugely biases and automatically think that any film involving Ashton Kutcher will be brainless, but I guess there's always the exception to prove the rule.
    No she doesn't need to do these to be employed but she may need to do these occasionally to keep money in her bank account. Movies like Black Swan do not pay well, sometimes paying MUCH less than you would think. Serious actors often talk of having to do the mainstream crap once in a while so they can afford to do the serious indie movie they dream of later.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Blergh
    vCash
    Judging from the trailer, it seems like at least her character is something more than the humorless shrew (like in those Judd Apatow Bromance movies) or some generic Katherine Heigl/Kate Hudson/Sandra Bullock/Julia Roberts type of romantic comedy lead female that writers think are interesting and deep but are instead vapid and boring and predictable.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    The Green Hornet was bad. It was so bad it was ......No it just sucked. I also remembered why i don't like Seth Rogen, he plays the same character in every movie.

vCash
    Just wanted to mention some interesting observations about today's box office estimates. There are a lot of movie with big budgets that seemed to to have been stinkers that are yet to make a profit like: Narnia, Tangled, Tron, and Gulliver. While some other movies made on a shoe string budget made many times what they cost to make, movie like: Black Swan, The King's Speach, True Grit, Blue Valentine, The Fighter which are all Best Picture nominees. So I guess movies that are more story driven rather than have big special effects looks like they are having a wonderful year. NIce to see.

vCash
    Tangled a stinker? I thought it was doing okay.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    Saw Blue Valentine this past weekend. Depressing and lots and lots of sex scenes, things I've never seen before in a movie

The acting was very good, especially by Michelle Williams. It got an "A" rating in the paper and it we caught the matinee, so it was worth the $5 ticket I suppose.

vCash
    Well Tangled is doing well except it cost $260m to make and has been out for ten weeks but is yet to turn a profit. It most likely will in the future thanks to DVD sales/retails etc but will have to wait a few more months before it makes a profit.

http://boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/

vCash
    Woah, $260 million on an animated movie!? Craziness.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupid View Post
    Saw Blue Valentine this past weekend. Depressing and lots and lots of sex scenes, things I've never seen before in a movie

The acting was very good, especially by Michelle Williams. It got an "A" rating in the paper and it we caught the matinee, so it was worth the $5 ticket I suppose.
    Ryan Gosling...in a movie with lots of sex scenes...and things never seen in a movie!? Where do I buy my ticket!?
    -Brian

out in a boat (out and about) in Nova Scotia b'ye!
    vCash
    I am going to see either Barney's Version or The Mechanic tonight. I'll let you know which one I see and if it was good
    The mind of the performer is a very strange thing.
    ~James Galway

vCash
    I saw The Eagle yesterday and liked it way more than I thought I would. The last one of this type movie I saw was a bit of a disappointment so my expectations going into The Eagle were not that high to begin with. But if you are like me and you like a good sword and sandal movie then you should watch this one.

vCash
    I can't find Blue Valentine at any theater near me. Is it already out of theaters or has it not gone into wide release yet? If it is already done then I hope it goes to DVD rather quickly.
    -Brian

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast