View Poll Results: Which Of These Movies Interest You? (Previews For All 12 Linked Below)

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jan. 14th – The Dilemma (comedy with Vince Vaughn, Kevin James, Queen Latifah and Winona Ryder)

1 3.33%
  • Jan. 14th – The Green Hornet (action with Seth Rogan and Cameron Diaz)

8 26.67%
  • Jan. 28th – The Rite (drama with Anthony Hopkins and Colin O'Donoghue)

4 13.33%
  • Feb. 11th – Just Go With It (romantic comedy with Jennifer Aniston & Adam Sandler)

3 10.00%
  • Feb. 11th - Gnomeo and Juliet (animation with Emily Blunt, James McAvoy and Ozzy Osbourne)

7 23.33%
  • Feb. 18th – Unknown (dramatic thriller with Liam Neeson, Diane Kruger and Greg Kinnear)

12 40.00%
  • Feb. 18th – Vanishing on 7th Street (horror with Hayden Christensen, Thandie Newton, John Leguizamo)

6 20.00%
  • March 11th - Red Riding Hood (horror with Amanda Seyfried & Gary Oldman)

12 40.00%
  • March 18th - Limitless (thriller with Bradley Cooper & Robert De Niro)

3 10.00%
  • March 18th - Paul (comedy with Simon Pegg, Seth Rogen, Kristen Wiig, Jane Lynch...)

6 20.00%
  • March 23rd – The Beaver (drama with Mel Gibson, Jodie Foster and Anton Yelchin)

3 10.00%
  • March 25th – Shelter (supernatural horror with Julianne Moore and Jonathan Rhys Meyers)

10 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash

The Winter Movie Thread (January to March 2011)

Preview clips for movies in this thread's poll:

Jan. 14th – The Dilemma (comedy with Vince Vaughn, Kevin James, Queen Latifah and Winona Ryder)

Jan. 14th – The Green Hornet (action with Seth Rogan and Cameron Diaz)

Jan. 28th – The Rite (drama with Anthony Hopkins and Colin O'Donoghue)

Feb. 11th – Just Go With It (romantic comedy with Jennifer Aniston & Adam Sandler)

Feb. 11th - Gnomeo and Juliet (animation with Emily Blunt, James McAvoy and Ozzy Osbourne)

Feb. 18th – Unknown (dramatic thriller with Liam Neeson, Diane Kruger and Greg Kinnear)

Feb. 18th – Vanishing on 7th Street (horror with Hayden Christensen, Thandie Newton, John Leguizamo)

March 11th - Red Riding Hood (horror with Amanda Seyfried & Gary Oldman)

March 18th - Limitless (thriller with Bradley Cooper & Robert De Niro)

March 18th - Paul (comedy with Simon Pegg, Seth Rogen, Jason Bateman, Kristen Wiig, Jane Lynch, Sigourney Weaver, Jeffrey Tambor, and Blythe Danner)

March 23rd – The Beaver (drama with Mel Gibson, Jodie Foster and Anton Yelchin)

March 25th – Shelter (supernatural horror with Julianne Moore, Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Frances Conroy)

Other movies released this winter:

Jan. 1st - Sinbad: The Fifth Voyage (fantasy starring Patrick Stewart)

Jan. 7th – Season Of The Witch (dramatic thriller with Nicolas Cage and Ron Perlman)

Jan. 14th – Blue Valentine (romantic drama with Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams)

Jan. 14th – Somewhere (comedy with Stephen Dorff and Elle Fanning)

Jan. 14th – Every Day (comedy with Liev Schreiber and Helen Hunt)

Jan. 14th – Barney’s Version (comedy drama with Paul Giamatti, Dustin Hoffman and Minnie Driver)

Jan. 14th – The Cabin In The Woods (horror with Richard Jenkins and Bradley Whitford)

Jan. 21st – The Company Men (drama with Ben Affleck and Maria Bello)

Jan. 21st – Don’t Be Afraid Of The Dark (horror with Guy Pearce and Katie Holmes)

Jan. 21st – No Strings Attached (romantic comedy with Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher)

Jan. 21st – The Way Back (drama with Colin Farrell, Ed Harris and Jim Sturgess)

Jan. 28th – The Mechanic (action with Jason Statham and Ben Foster)

Jan. 28th - Biutiful (drama with Javier Bardem)

Feb. 4th – The Roommate (horror with Leighton Meester & Cam Gigandet)

Feb. 4th – Sanctum (dramatic thriller with Ioan Gruffudd Richard Roxburgh & Alice Parkinson)

Feb. 4th – Frankie and Alice (drama with Halle Barry, Stellan Skarsgεrd and Phylicia Rashad)

Feb. 11th – The Eagle (drama with Channing Tatum & Mark Strong)

Feb. 11th – Drive Angry 3D (action thriller with Nicolas Cage & Amber Heard)

Feb. 11th - Justin Bieber: Never Say Never (musical documentary)

Feb. 11th – Cedar Rapids (comedy with Sigourney Weaver, John C. Reilly, Anne Heche)

Feb. 18th - Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son (comedy with Martin Lawrence & Brandon T. Jackson)

Feb. 18th - I Am Number Four (science fiction with Alex Pettyfer & Timothy Olyphant)

Feb. 25th – Hall Pass (comedy with Owen Wilson & Jason Sudeikis)

March 4th - The Adjustment Bureau (science fiction with Matt Damon & Emily Blunt)

March 4th - Take Me Home Tonight (comedy with Topher Grace & Anna Faris)

March 4th - Rango (animation with Johnny Depp & Isla Fisher)

March 4th – Apollo 18 (science fiction – Weinstein Co.)

March 11th - Jane Eyre (romantic drama with Mia Wasikowska & Jamie Bell)

March 11th - Certified Copy (French drama with Juliette Binoche & William Shimell)

March 11th - Battle: Los Angeles (science fiction with Aaron Eckhart & Michelle Rodriguez)

March 11th - Mars Needs Moms! (animation with Joan Cusack & Seth Green)

March 11th – Kill The Irishman (action with Ray Stevenson, Val Kilmer & Linda Cardellini)

March 18th - The Lincoln Lawyer (drama with Matthew McConaughey & Marisa Tomei)

March 18th - Beastly (horror with Neil Patrick Harris & Vanessa Hudgens)

March 25th - Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2: Rodrick Rules (comedy with Steve Zahn & Rachael Harris)

March 25th – Sucker Punch (action thriller with Jon Hamm, Vanessa Hudgens & Emily Browning)

March 25th - Miral (drama with Vanessa Redgrave & Freida Pinto)

March 25th – Win Win (x with Paul Giamatti, Amy Ryan, Jeffrey Tambor and Bobby Cannavale)
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I saw 'The Way Back' in my film club (before they are released) last week and it was great. Love Ed Harris, Colin Farrell was very good, and Jim Sturgess - the main role is great. Based on a true story (or multiple ones). Great cinematography. Set in 1940 Siberia and prisoners in the gulag attempt an escape.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Oops. I meant for "Frankie and Alice" to be in the poll. It has one of the best trailers that I saw (and I pretty much watched the trailers for all of the movies listed in the my post)! Here's the trailer:

Frankie and Alice trailer

vCash
    I think Season of the Witch is going to be RiffTraxed eventually. In fact, I may have suggested it over at the RiffTrax forum. The trailer looks really goofy. (Although I like Claire Foy.)

I'll be seeing Jane Eyre and Country Strong.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    I'd probably want to go see Red Riding Hood, but Justin Bieber: Never Say Never sounds mighty interesting!

vCash
    YAY PETER!! Thanks for the new movie thread!

I will definitely be seeing The Green Hornet, Vanishing On 7th Street, and Shelter. :

Honorable mention to; Battle Los Angeles, Season Of The Witch, Sinbad, The Eagle.

vCash
    I'm on the fence about Red Riding Hood, but I like Amanda Seyfreid, so I may give it a try.

Shelter seems interesting and I would probably pay to see Francis Conroy read a newspaper.

I'm most excited about Blue Valentine. I'm wondering, though, with the NC-17 rating if it will even play at a theatre near me.

The Adjustment Bureau also interests me quite a bit. I've become a huge Emily Blunt fan since My Summer of Love.

I'm intrigued with the number of horror films with big name actors. Neil Patrick Harris in a horror film could be really great or really horrible.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I voted for Shelter just based on who is starring in it.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    The Adjustment Bureau also interests me quite a bit. I've become a huge Emily Blunt fan since My Summer of Love.
    I really like both Damon and Blunt and expected to add this movie to the poll, but the trailer was so YAWN that my interest in this one is now next to nil...

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    YAY PETER!! Thanks for the new movie thread!

Honorable mention to; Battle Los Angeles, Season Of The Witch, Sinbad, The Eagle.

I couldn't find a decent trailer for Battle Los Angeles. My unsuccessful search left me having little to zero interest in this one. A few other movies about to come out also don't have trailers on youtube. I don't understand movie studios sometimes!!

Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    I'd probably want to go see Red Riding Hood, but Justin Bieber: Never Say Never sounds mighty interesting!
    The Red Riding Hood trailer looked REALLY good, so I'm looking forward to this one. It's directed by Catherine Hardwicke, who directed Thirteen, Lords of Dogtown, The Nativity Story and the first Twilight movie. As for the Justin Bieber film...hope you can forgive me for not including this one in the poll....

Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    I think Season of the Witch is going to be RiffTraxed eventually. In fact, I may have suggested it over at the RiffTrax forum. The trailer looks really goofy. (Although I like Claire Foy.)
    Nicholas Cage has two movies coming out this season, and IMHO, they look like two of the absolute WORST. I remember years ago after Leaving Las Vegas, he said he would do a few "popcorn" movies (I'm paraphrasing) and then do one film of more substance. Nowadays he doesn't seem to do anything of substance and the popcorn movies he does aren't even GOOD popcorn movies...

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Shelter seems interesting and I would probably pay to see Francis Conroy read a newspaper.
    I added Frances Conroy's name to my post even though she wasn't mentioned in the preview that I saw. But SHOULD have been. And I think there is a lot of talent there that we still are yet to see.

vCash
    Just finished watching the Unknown trailer and I think it looks very interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    As for the Justin Bieber film...hope you can forgive me for not including this one in the poll....
    I will never forgive you.

vCash
    I think The Dilemma looks good too kinda think of it. Sounds like interesting premise and what would you do if held a terrible secret from your best friend? Tell them and break their heart or keep the secret and let it eat away at you? I want to see this movie!

vCash
    I watched the preview for The Beaver and I really wish I hadn't.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    I watched the preview for The Beaver and I really wish I hadn't.
    Why? It looks like it'll be one of the better movies this season. And any time we get a double dose of Jodie Foster (director and actor), it's only going to be a good thing. Plus Anton Yelchin (Terminator Salvation, Stark Trek) is another plus.

vCash
    Why? It looks like it'll be one of the better movies this season. And any time we get a double dose of Jodie Foster (director and actor), it's only going to be a good thing. Plus Anton Yelchin (Terminator Salvation, Stark Trek) is another plus.
    I thought it looked incredibly trite, predictable, and ridiculous plus I like Jodie Foster movies better when she's not directing them, but that's just me. I do like Anton Yelchin though.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Not another romantic comedy for Jennifer Aniston! Didn't she have two just last year? Isn't she about running out of costars already? How much longer can she keep this up?

vCash
    Oops. I meant for "Frankie and Alice" to be in the poll. It has one of the best trailers that I saw (and I pretty much watched the trailers for all of the movies listed in the my post)! Here's the trailer:

Frankie and Alice trailer
    Thanks PeterG. Looks like Halle Berry gives a great performance.

vCash
    Speaking of Yelchin, he is supposed to have a movie called "The Winter Queen" coming out this year based on a the novel of the same name. I like this kid but he is not in that many movies anymore.

vCash
    Unknown looks great!
    I also want to see Blue Valentine and Red Riding Hood.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Speaking of Yelchin, he is supposed to have a movie called "The Winter Queen" coming out this year based on a the novel of the same name. I like this kid but he is not in that many movies anymore.
    At least we know he'll be in the next Star Trek installment, whenever they decide to film it.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Wait, people actually think The Beaver looks like a good movie? It looks like a complete joke to me. Maybe the previews went straight over my head?
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast