• Javier Fernandez

7 5.04%
  • Samuel Contesti

5 3.60%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Menshov on the podium would be

Can't wait to see him, so happy he finally made it out of Russia!!!

and btw Ziggy; every word you wrote about Contesti and VDP is so true, I don't have to repeat what I think of these skaters, you already said it all

Brezina's Nemesis
    Collecting papers to obtain status of a Goddess for Asli
    vCash
    Ziggy makes sense

Now I really can believe that hell has frozen and Verner got himself some consistency!

But then again, with his gf, who needs anything else?
    In Soviet Russia, the skaters lobbychick YOU.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Speaking of Joubert, who is he training with now? I feel like he's been sort of on his own since the Olympics last year.
    He returned to his original and long-term coach Veronique Guyon, in May 2010.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrey aka Pushkin View Post
    Now I really can believe that hell has frozen and Verner got himself some consistency!

But then again, with his gf, who needs anything else?
    his recent skates since gpf have been making me nervous! nationals were pretty sloppy and at the detroit exhibition this weekend he apparently popped some jumps. this + stadium issues = another verner performance i'll watch with my eyes half covered. but he has a good shot at a medal regardless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post

Korpi... uhhmmm.... *tumbleweed* She's a skater that I find it extremely hard to say anything specific about, other than she's pretty. Her skating and her programs are always just so non-descript.
    This season she has very good programs

vCash
    I'd like to see Verner or Joubert on top of the podium, they are the most polished skaters in the European field. But I'm well aware both of them can bomb.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ninadel View Post
    his recent skates since gpf have been making me nervous! nationals were pretty sloppy and at the detroit exhibition this weekend he apparently popped some jumps. this + stadium issues = another verner performance i'll watch with my eyes half covered. but he has a good shot at a medal regardless.
    Well to be fair to Tomas, he was probably jetlag when he had to compete at nationals and the rink was also reportedly freezing, and further, his only competition there was an injured Brezina so he may not have been putting too much effort into his performances there, and even though he made mistakes, he didn't bomb.

It sounds like everyone had jump problems at the Detroit show this weekend, although by everyone I mean Alissa and Jeremy in addition to Tomas, none of whom aren the most consistent to begin with, but also take into account that here is no 6 minute warmup before an exhibition, so I wouldn't take that too seriously.

I am hopeful for Tomas and Brian because both have skated well this season and not had any major bombs, but at the same time clearly have room for improvements. I'm hoping this means they are on track to peak at Europeans and Worlds. The other thing is that where most of their competition is either injured (Brezina, Fernandez, Gatchinski) or weaker in PCS (Contesti, KVDP, Menshov) it looks like they could probably afford a couple of mistakes and still wind up on the podium. Amodio is probably their biggest threat at this point, but even he will likely have lower PCS than Brian and Tomas.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp73OkJ0va4

Tomas's FS from the DSC show/send off. The 3t and 2a may have been intentional considering he also attempted no combos, in which case the only true pop was the 2s. I'm not that concerned. His 3a is much improved and he rotated all those other jumps and this is just some unimportant show.

vCash
    The other thing is that where most of their competition is either injured (Brezina, Fernandez, Gatchinski) or weaker in PCS (Contesti, KVDP, Menshov) it looks like they could probably afford a couple of mistakes and still wind up on the podium. Amodio is probably their biggest threat at this point, but even he will likely have lower PCS than Brian and Tomas.
    In fact I'm counting on that because I don't expect any of my two favorites for the gold to skate cleanly. LOL

Tomas's FS from the DSC show/send off.

DSC show...first time I hear. Thanks for the video. No, I too wouldn't judge Verner's potential based on his DSC performance.

vCash

Tomas's FS from the DSC show/send off. The 3t and 2a may have been intentional considering he also attempted no combos, in which case the only true pop was the 2s. I'm not that concerned. His 3a is much improved and he rotated all those other jumps and this is just some unimportant show.
    Ahh, just saw the video. Yeah that wasn't as bad as it sounded in the report. And it seems like a weird atmosphere.... sort of an exhibition but everyone skating their competitive programs?

I wonder if he's in Detroit brushing up with Carmerlengo? For the record I'm not a fan of this collaboration so far and hope he goes back to Lori next year...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ninadel View Post
    Ahh, just saw the video. Yeah that wasn't as bad as it sounded in the report. And it seems like a weird atmosphere.... sort of an exhibition but everyone skating their competitive programs?

I wonder if he's in Detroit brushing up with Carmerlengo? For the record I'm not a fan of this collaboration so far and hope he goes back to Lori next year...
    yup, that's why.
    "it doesn't matter if you love what you do, but that you do what you love"
    a quote Tomas Verner () gave me to think about...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deedeelocks View Post
    yup, that's why.
    I think his SP is awesome, but I agree the FS is a bit disjointed with all the music cuts. My fave SP of his was probably the Gypsy Swing one, and for the FS the Tango medley was a nice vehicle for him, and those were both choreographed by Lori. I'm glad he's trying something new though, I've enjoyed his FS this season simply because he's landing a lot of very nice triples in it . Plus I feel like most of the European men don't have great programs this year, I like Joubert's SP but idk if the FS really suits him, Amodio's programs are entertaining but not very substantial, Brezina, Fernandez, and Contesti all kept their FS from last season and I didn't love any of those programs last season. The only time I really find KVDP's programs interesting is when he whips out a crazy difficult 3 jump combo.

vCash
    Brian and Tomas both have anywhere from a 15-25 point components score buffer (combined Short Program and Free Skate) over everyone else except Florent, so I think those two are the shoe-ins.

After Florent - placements could be anyone's guess from 4 all the way down to 16 (skaters like Liebers, Kovalevski, Pfeifer, and Bacchini)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seerek View Post
    Brian and Tomas both have anywhere from a 15-25 point components score buffer (combined Short Program and Free Skate) over everyone else except Florent, so I think those two are the shoe-ins.

After Florent - placements could be anyone's guess from 4 all the way down to 16 (skaters like Liebers, Kovalevski, Pfeifer, and Bacchini)
    Even over Florent they will likely have a buffer, smaller though, maybe like 5-10 points, and Florent has very nice jumps so I agree he will be the main challenger. Michal if he's back to his old form should get high PCS because he did so well at Worlds and got high PCS there, but judging from his recent competition results, he's still not totally back on track yet.

Banned Member
    vCash
    What is Brian saying here? HELP!!!, French-speakers, please....
    Whose house is it (or it's an office?) in the second part of an interview, Brian's? It looks soooooo stylish!
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eNmujfika8

Brian looks wonderful!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    What is Brian saying here? HELP!!!, French-speakers, please....
    Whose house is it (or it's an office?) in the second part of an interview, Brian's? It looks soooooo stylish!
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eNmujfika8

Brian looks wonderful!
    That interview is from fall 2009 or early 2010. He was still very optimistic about the Olympics. That is his new house, yes it's stylish! I think an interior decorator helped him a bit.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceIceBaby View Post
    That interview is from fall 2009 or early 2010. He was still very optimistic about the Olympics. That is his new house, yes it's stylish! I think an interior decorator helped him a bit.
    Thanks for letting me know. The video was put on youtube only a few days ago, I had no idea what they were saying.

His house is cool!!! Very stylish and very French. He is a man of taste, indeed. Kind of a nice reminder for those who think he has a bad taste in music or whatever.

Brian! For your future win in Euro!

vCash
    So I picked 2 that I have a strong shot at the podium imo (Verner, Amodio) and 1 that I wanted to see get some votes and would love to see on the podium. (Schulteiss)

Banned Member
    vCash
    Interviews with Brian and Florent (translations):
    http://community.livejournal.com/ont...ng/981542.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123