Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash

Elton John and David Furnish become parents

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12084650
    Sir Elton John and his partner David Furnish have become parents to a son born to a surrogate mother in California.

Zachary Jackson Levon Furnish-John was born on Christmas Day, the UK musician and Canadian filmmaker told the Usmagazine.com website.

"Zachary is healthy and doing really well, and we are very proud and happy parents," said the couple.

They provided no details about the surrogacy arrangement.

"We are overwhelmed with happiness and joy at this very special moment," the couple told the website in a statement.

They said the boy weighed 7lb15oz (3.6kg).
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    I hadn't realized Furnish was so much younger (48) than Elton (63). When I'd heard a while back they were trying to adopt, I thought it was a bad idea because of age reasons. I still have some concerns re: age, but less so now.

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    A surprisingly normal combination of names.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    I hadn't realized Furnish was so much younger (48) than Elton (63). When I'd heard a while back they were trying to adopt, I thought it was a bad idea because of age reasons. I still have some concerns re: age, but less so now.
    That was my first reaction, as well. My father's great uncle married some younger (40 something) woman, when he was in his late 60's. They had 2 kids, the great uncle was quite proud of his abilities . But, he died when the oldest was 6 and the woman died a year or two later, so two young orphans .

vCash
    And he shall be Levon. He shall be a good man. Love this story! Been an Elton fan for years and he seems so happy with David.

vCash
    The joyous couple's cover story in last week's Us Weekly, in which they debuted and discussed their "happy little soul" of a newborn son, apparently riled up some shoppers at an Arkansas grocery store, prompting employees to break out a so-called "family shield" to safeguard impressionable youth from Elton and David's happiness.

A photo of the covered-up cover was tweeted on Tuesday by a customer at a Harps Supermarket outpost in Mountain Home, who said she was "shocked and horrified" that the magazine had been censored "to protect young Harps shoppers."
    http://wonderwall.msn.com/music/baby...tory?gt1=28135

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I saw that and could not believe it. They weren't making out or anything on the cover, for goodness sake. I don't even know if they were touching! I am not sure if a child would even think twice after looking at that cover.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I saw that and could not believe it. They weren't making out or anything on the cover, for goodness sake. I don't even know if they were touching! I am not sure if a child would even think twice after looking at that cover.
    Well now that it is covered up you can be sure every kid who goes through that store is going to sneak a look. Great way to draw attention to something that most people wouldn't have even noticed.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post
    Well now that it is covered up you can be sure every kid who goes through that store is going to sneak a look. Great way to draw attention to something that most people wouldn't have even noticed.
    Exactly - kids always loving doing what they are told not to!! And do people really think looking at a couple of guys holding a baby is going to turn someone gay So stupid

vCash
    I just saw the covered cover on the View....how ridiculous, a lot of people might not have noticed as it was, now a lot of people will be peaking trying to see what's covered up....and hopefully realize it's not a big deal at all.

I hate censorship.

P.S. I have the magazine, it's a very nice article & they seem estatic with their new baby. I wish the new little family the best and am looking forward to seeing Elton in concert next month!

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrak View Post
    ... and am looking forward to seeing Elton in concert next month!
    Lucky you! He's not playing in Vancouver but I've entered a contest to go see him in Victoria. I did see him live once before in the Face 2 Face tour with Billy Joel, and it was one of the best concerts I've ever been to.