Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Not too bad. Aiden and Josh are pretty good, although Josh doesn't hold a candle to George. So far, I don't care for Sally at all. Annie had a vunerable quality that Sally doesn't.

I hope that the fill-in nurse goes away. Nothing but annoying. Reminds me - in a bad way - of the Daisy character on Bones. I hope she isn't the Nina of the show.

Also - Artemis I agree with you about the Bishop character. Herrick was much more chilling.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    I didn't watch, but curious if they avoided any "oops" French signs?
    I didn't notice any French signs, but this particular production company would be used to looking for that kind of thing. I did specifically notice one Stop sign that said just Stop. It was very clean looking.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Is the she-werewolf part going to be George's sister in the US version instead of his girlfriend like in the UK version? I don't remember George having a sister in the UK version.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    "Being Human" ratings for 1/17 premeire:
    http://tvovermind.zap2it.com/cable/s...mberage/44797/

SYFY’S NEW ORIGINAL DRAMA BEING HUMAN SINKS ITS TEETH INTO NEARLY 2 MILLION VIEWERS AT 9PM AND 3.8 MILLION VIEWERS OVERALL

MOST WATCHED SYFY WINTER SCRIPTED PREMIERE SINCE 2005

SYFY’S FIRST EVER ORIGINAL SERIES LAUNCH ON A MONDAY NIGHT SETS RECORD FOR YOUNG FEMALE VIEWERS IN THE 18-49 DEMO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    Is the she-werewolf part going to be George's sister in the US version instead of his girlfriend like in the UK version? I don't remember George having a sister in the UK version.
    I don't recall a sister either. It certainly seems like they are setting it up that way.

vCash
    I saw ads for this and thought it looked interesting enough to give it a shot. I didn't even realize it was based from a BBC series. I like it and will watch again but I won't be able to play the "spot the differences from the original" game.

vCash
    Maybe, maybe not. The way they ended the episode, there's potentially time for either Sally to will herself to become solid enough to open the door, or for Aiden to wake up from his blood trance -- and therefore get to the hospital to intervene in time.

Having Josh attack & "wolf" his sister just seems ick. Plus if Sally or Aiden don't get there, Josh-as-werewolf is more likely to attack & kill the sister outright -- in an enclosed space like that, with no way out and no other source of food, werewolf eats human, no question.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
    I saw ads for this and thought it looked interesting enough to give it a shot. I didn't even realize it was based from a BBC series. I like it and will watch again but I won't be able to play the "spot the differences from the original" game.
    It's really not a fun game, esp. when the differences are usually not improvements. You're lucky that you don't have the UK series to compare it to, you can enjoy it at face value.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
    So far:
    The character names are different.
    I think she-wolf will be Josh's sister instead of girlfriend.
    The house set-up is different. The stairs are to the sidewall instead of by the door.
    And I'm wondering if her ghost entry to the afterlife is in the house closet or at her grave.

vCash
    They have too many shots and scenes that mimic the original without achieving the quality of the original. They also made a huge mistake naming the vampire Aidan. It only reminded me that the actor from the real version of Being Human is named Aidan.

I'll watch a couple more to see if it improves but so far I think this is a very poor version of a good show.
    "Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

vCash
    So far:
    The character names are different.
    I think she-wolf will be Josh's sister instead of girlfriend.
    The house set-up is different. The stairs are to the sidewall instead of by the door.
    And I'm wondering if her ghost entry to the afterlife is in the house closet or at her grave.
    Another difference: in the UK, Mitch (vampire) is a custodian at the hospital and George (werewolf) is a porter (or orderly as he'd be called here). In the US, Aidan (vampire) is a nurse and Josh (werewolf) is ... they didn't say, did they? He had different coloured scrubs which leads me to believe he isn't a nurse, but that could be artistic licence. Aidan mentions him being a med student pre-werewolf, but I got the impression he's not a doctor now.

Also, in the UK, there's no scene of Mitch & George going through a big first meeting with Annie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    Also, in the UK, there's no scene of Mitch & George going through a big first meeting with Annie.
    That scene was in the original pilot which didn't get included in the dvd release. It only aired in the UK on a different channel than the series ended up on. George was the only actor that stayed the same from the pilot to the series too. I found it online but I don't think it's up anymore.
    "Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12