Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 127
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    637
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Russian Babies Over-hyped

    The Japanese Ladies would have the Russian "babies" for breakfast.
    Kanako owns the Russian "babies" if we want to be honest about it.

    Alissa with 4-5 triples is better than these babies and Mirai with 6 triples would beat then by 10-15 points.

    Don't forget, Mirai can spin and also project some personality. The Russian 'babies" are exactly as we call them......"babies"

    Not very impressed.

    The best example is Mishin's triple axel girl.......

    When this slow skater, void of all personality grows she will be lucky if she can still land her jumps.

    Ksenia would be lucky, with a very clean skate to make top 6 at US Natls. The same for Japanese Natls.

    Perhaps Pinky will give us a puberty forecast....

    But for now , Adelina, complete with flexibilty, musicality and FLUTZ looks like a second rate Sasha.

    Sorry, but not good enough.

    Am I wrong?
    Last edited by MrLucky; 12-28-2010 at 11:48 PM.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Miami, FL, USA
    Posts
    6,775
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    It sounds like someone's perhaps a little worried about their favorite skater gettin' owned in the near future

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    4,726
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Since this thread appeared right above the one with pics of Yags' baby...for a second, I thought it was about actual babies!

  4. #4
    Mad for mangelwurzels
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Failing to grow a forest in the desert
    Posts
    10,329
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    61458
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLucky View Post
    Am I wrong?
    You certainly won't live up to your username if this nonsense is what you're hoping for.
    Be with me always—take any form—drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! it is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!"

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    FSU Witness Protection Program
    Age
    26
    Posts
    27,954
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    12082
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLucky View Post

    Am I wrong?
    Yes

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,370
    vCash
    532
    Rep Power
    8812
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLucky View Post
    Am I wrong?
    Not only you are wrong, but it looks like you either don't know much about skating, or you are blind, or very insecure and prejudiced against up and coming skaters.

    Adelina, for example (despite you emphasizing her flutz) achieved the highest score in ladies this season (in ISU international competition, not in Russian nationals). Is that just a hype?

    Most of the participants at their nationals (ladies) had 3-3 combination. That's not hype, that's skills.
    Last edited by hanca; 12-28-2010 at 05:52 PM.

  7. #7
    Reality TV's Bytch
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Oblivion
    Posts
    1,815
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I don't think they are over-hyped but I do think it's too early to predict their futures. Who knows how they'll be when they hit the senior ranks.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,945
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    how can you even compare 16 year olds who just went out of juniors (Kanako), 17 year olds who went already to Olys (Ksenia, Mirai) with 23 year olds (Alissa), and compare all that with Russian girls from 11 to 14 years old when even 6 months in this age is A LOT of time ,and think you made a clever post on top of that?
    This thread gets the annual Golden Raspberry Award.

  9. #9
    Main Offender
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,092
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3196
    Tz you're such a moron it isn't even funny anymore.
    STFU!
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

    Bruce Lee

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    637
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    how can you even compare 16 year olds who just went out of juniors (Kanako), 17 year olds who went already to Olys (Ksenia, Mirai) with 23 year olds (Alissa), and compare all that with Russian girls from 11 to 14 years old when even 6 months in this age is A LOT of time ,and think you made a clever post on top of that?
    This thread gets the annual Golden Raspberry Award.
    Mishin should get the lifetime forever Golden Raspberry award. He does not know how to package male skaters and seems beyind lost with poor Liza.

    BTW, her skating seems as boring as Rachael. Slow and forced with absolutley no style or charm.

    Even on an off night Kanako will destroy thses Russian babies and Mirai is so much more graceful, not to mention playful, it is not even funny.
    Same old Russian girls - lacking everything that makes fans love skating.

    Adelina is not half bad but is only 10 years old. Let's see her after she grows up is 14.

  11. #11
    Main Offender
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,092
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3196
    Feck off.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

    Bruce Lee

  12. #12
    Alissa Fan Forever
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Age
    51
    Posts
    3,585
    vCash
    565
    Rep Power
    6940
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post

    Adelina, for example (despite you emphasizing her flutz) achieved the highest score in ladies this season (in ISU international competition, not in Russian nationals). Is that just a hype?
    Actually, Czisny has the highest score in ladies this season.

    1 Alissa CZISNY USA 180.75 63.76 116.99 GP Final (172.37 at Skate Canada, 159.80 at TEB)
    2 Adelina SOTNIKOVA RUS 178.97 61.32 117.65 JGP Austria (169.81 at JGP Final)


    The Russians and Americans use to dominate ladies figure skating. Then the Japanese powerhouse took over. I'm expecting the Russians and Americans to reclaim their dominance once again. It will be a 3-way battle to see who gets 3 spots for the following year again soon. Maybe not this year, but in the years to come.

    Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva are my favorite ladies to watch after Czisny. And they aren't even seniors yet. ....Baga is 4th.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    12,259
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    And ? What's the point here ? Is there a problem if russian ladies win anything in the future ?

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Around the corner prostituting the biellman
    Posts
    1,500
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLucky View Post
    The Japanese Ladies would have the Russian "babies" for breakfast.
    Kanako owns the Russian "babies" if we want to be honest about it.

    Alissa with 4-5 triples is better than these babies and Mirai with 6 triples would beat then by 10-15 points.

    Don't forget, Mirai can spin and also project some personality. The Russian 'babies" are exactly as we call them......"babies"

    Not very impressed.

    The best example is Mishin's triple axel girl.......

    When this slow skater, void of all personality grows she will be lucky if she can land a 2A

    Ksenia would be lucky, with a very clean skate to make top 6 at US Natls. The same for Japanese Natls.

    Perhaps Pinky will give us a puberty forecast....

    But for now , Adelina, complete with flexibilty, musicality and FLUTZ looks like a second rate Sasha.

    Sorry, but not good enough.

    Am I wrong?
    Russian skaters bad, everyone else good. We get the point.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,945
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLucky View Post
    Mishin should get the lifetime forever Golden Raspberry award. He does not know how to package male skaters and seems beyind lost with poor Liza.

    BTW, her skating seems as boring as Rachael. Slow and forced with absolutley no style or charm.

    Even on an off night Kanako will destroy thses Russian babies and Mirai is so much more graceful, not to mention playful, it is not even funny.
    Same old Russian girls - lacking everything that makes fans love skating.

    Adelina is not half bad but is only 10 years old. Let's see her after she grows up is 14.
    I dont see you staying much here, so Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    637
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Excidra View Post
    Russian skaters bad, everyone else good. We get the point.
    Not the point at all if you actually were capable of reading

    Russian Ladies have always been about hype.
    They have rarely produced.

    Michelle Kwan by herself has as many or more major Intl medals as all Russian Ladies in history.

    And Michelle is not even a top USA Lady. She was certainly very good and without doubt the best of the Janet Lynn imitators.

    I hope Russina Ladies stop skating like Men. This little Adelina shows hope - that russian Lady might actually show artistic skating. The other "babies" are sadly not even as good as Rachael.....shrug...

  17. #17
    Watch me move
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Gwyneth Paltrow Fan Club headquarters
    Posts
    16,762
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLucky View Post
    Michelle Kwan by herself has as many or more major Intl medals as all Russian Ladies in history.

    And Michelle is not even a top USA Lady.
    So then, who is the "USA Lady" who has won more international medals than Michelle?
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    3,862
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I think that Sotnikova´s skating and interpretation of music was very enjoyable to watch. Tuktamysheva´s (sp?) freeskate had strange skating music and the choreography did not even try to go along with music. No surprise as she apparently is coached by Mishin... The girl is a good jumper, and who knows, maybe we will see her skating as a senior also if she is able to keep those jumps. She is very young now.
    Last edited by Jaana; 12-28-2010 at 07:08 PM.

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,945
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Liza skates like a man..and Lipnitskaya and Agafanova have the same spins and spirals like Rachel...and ..I see...and you are Batman?
    Although it is rather easy to see who you are, probably took school vacations from the other forum
    No surprise as she apparently is coached by Mishin?
    you should have known by now that Mishin is a technical coach and not her choreographer, her music was Asturias, has been used before, I remember Othman recently for sure. She was hitting all the notes his her hands and posture, what you mean she didnt skate by the music? And did you see her short?
    If the coach had to do with the musicality of the skater Mirai would skate like Lysacek. Or vice versa.
    Last edited by senorita; 12-28-2010 at 07:13 PM.

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    637
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    I think that Sotnikova´s skating and interpretation of music was very enjoyable to watch. Tutktamysheva´s (sp?) freeskate had strange skating music and the choreography did not even try to go along with music. No surprise as she apparently is coached by Mishin?
    Yes, that is part of my point. This little "Liza" has been hyped so much and yet and the end of the day she must suffer under Mishin's subpar packaging.

    She appears to have some talent but is really far from an entertaining skater at this point.

    Adelina has Tat guiding her and as long as she keeps away from Tat's dresses and custom music she has a fighting chance.

    The others - all of these "Polinas" would be lost in Japanese or USA fedearation. Althouh if they were Canadian it might give them a real chance.

    Let's face it, Canadian Ladies are pretty clunky skaters. Even Mishin might not hurt them much

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •