Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    We were talking about this last week while watching National Lampoons Christmas where he's relying on his bonus to put in a pool. We were all like who the heck gets a bonus big enough for a pool? I guess now I know.

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    we are funded by the gov't and our Province informed all funded agencies that no bonuses would be allowed..right in our contracts and I completely agree! However I was dismayed to find out that not all Ministries or public funded places are doing this.. some educational institutions apparently gave out bonuses to management with our tax dollars & student fees and the same with admin at the hospitals - I believe that all public funded institutions and funded agencies should not be allowed to give out cash bonuses with my taxes
    e.t.a. however I did give out gift cards and prezzies as tokens of good will to our staff to show our appreciation
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    Has anyone else done this? Since I've gotten no bonuses over the past 3 years, I stopped giving people bonuses as well. Like the newspaper delivery person (although I add a few bucks a month to their regular bill, but no longer give out a separate check for the holidays), my hairdresser who charges $50 for a 20 minute wash/cut/style (I just schedule after the holidays) would just get the usual tip. Let's face it, it's a domino effect. If I don't get a bonus, where am I supposed to get money to give to them? It's not like I'm making a lot more money than they are.

vCash
    This was my first year working full time for a private business (recently graduated college and did scientific research on the side previously) and was rather excited, not to mention quite surprised, that I received a $1,000 bonus and $3,000 raise after only 6 months of employment. I believe after a certian milestone of employment you begin to receive stock in the company in lieu of a year-end bonus, which I think in the long-run is more fruitful.

It was very exciting in the sense that I never expected it (mostly as I grew up in poverty and wasn't accustomed to family members receiving bonuses or benefits) and the letter was waiting for me right before my fiance and I left for a long trip to visit family for the holidays.
    Sometimes I think I lost something really important to me, and it turns out I already ate it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234