Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Year-End Bonuses

Does your company do them? Do they vary from year to year/performance/years you've worked there? Do you get cash/check or food and gifts?

This is my first full year working (graduated college in May), so I was just curious to hear your stories

vCash
    I used to work for a non-profit. We got an umbrella

Skating Pairs with Drew
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I used to work for a non-profit. We got an umbrella
    I work for a non-profit. We get an umbrella...if we donate at least $52.00 to the agency. No bonuses in social work

vCash
    I don't work anymore, but at my last job, they did not give out bonuses.

My husband gets them though, and it's different every year. He works at a credit union, so it all depends on how many accounts are opened/loans given out/etc. It usually comes as a check, except for one year, when someone thought that everyone in the company needed a leather coat with the company logo on it. It's a nice coat, but I heard many say that they'd rather get cash instead of items.

Minecraft Widow
    vCash
    My husband works at a non-profit. Last year he got a bonus of approxmately $1000. This year - no bonus. There just wasn't the money to do bonuses, but everyone got a small raise in the fall.
    Cigarettes are like squirrels. They are perfectly harmless until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire. -- @ciggybuttz on Twitter

vCash
    I got a turkey. I'm a vegetarian, so I gave it to a soup kitchen.

vCash
    I don't get bonuses now, but did at one job in the past. The first year I got $100.00, which was quite nice. The second year I got a fleece jacket with the company logo, but I hated the company by that point, so I quit, kept the jacket, but unpicked the logo.

vCash
    I work in franchise business, and my employers have given us cash bonuses/Christmas gifts over the years. I have always assumed they went by years of service and the economy, because it seems like the amount has varied between $50-$100. Actually, I think maybe they started at $50 and just gradually increased. This year it was $100.

vCash
    As my former boss used to say - our bonus is that we have a job to come back to after the holidays... I work for an organization where the knowledge that you are providing a good service is the only bonus we ever get. Wish that I worked in private sector though because some of my friends get pretty nice bonuses every year...

vCash
    At my first job, we got a $30 gift card to the local supermarket and the week between Christmas and New Year's as paid time off (in addition to our regular vacation time).

My current job is at a newspaper. I am lucky to still have a job.

vCash
    My one job gave out bonuses based on how much profit the reinsurance brokers brought in. One year, it was $4000, which was MAJOR in my life, the check (after taxes) helped me redo my living room. Then the industry tanked after 9/11/01, the bonuses ended and we were all out of a job within 15 months. Now I'm at an employee owned company. No bonuses, but there is company stock that we get once a year (normally in March). After 5 years, I own $20,000 in stock. Some people made a killing when they switched the stock options, my one coworker bought a house. Cash.

vCash
    I get a yearly bonus with my company which is paid about September (after the end of our financial year). However you lose about a third of it in tax. My first year was $1,000 and this year it was about $2,000.

I think we also get shares in the company after being there for 3 years and then yearly after that. So I should get some in the next year.

We should also be getting a company wide payrise in the new year too.

I work for a pretty good company!
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    I've never worked at a job that gave out Christmas bonuses. My current job has a bonus program but it's given out at the end of the fiscal year (which is Aug 1st) at the same time as annal races. The bonus is based on a combination of company performance and personal performance and average is 15% of your salary. So it's quite hefty. We get RSUs when we sign and often every year after that as well. They used to do stock options but now not so much.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    I worked for local authorities in my first job, and we got a nice 300 euro Christmas bonus. Now, I'm unemployed and get an "unemployed" 150 euro Christmas bonus, except they're late with the paperwork and I've been told it'll come in january.

vCash
    I have nothing, nothing, not even a chocolate !

vCash
    My boss stopped giving out bonuses two years ago, said the company couldn't afford it anymore.

vCash
    Firm was bought this year, so I'm not sure what to expect. Prior firm did bonuses in the spring for qualified employees (high rating and full year of service) that amounted to less than 1 week's pay and turned into nothing after taxes and 401k contributions came out.

We did get a $50 gift card as a holiday gift.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    In the federal government, at least where I work, we get nominated for cash awards, and extra leave. I used my extra leave already and we got a $500 cash award for the work we did for the Deepwater Horizon project.

vCash
    I've never worked for a company that gives bonuses, or any sort of gift (like on TV some people get Turkey's for Christmas- is that real? ETA: Read the thread instead of scanning and someone mentioned they did. Crazy! Who gives away dead animals?) I work in educational publishing, and am now at a not-for-profit.

At our last staff meeting my manager gave everyone a scratch off lottery ticket (she joked she picked a low paying one so that no one could retire). Maybe 3 people won a buck each

vCash
    We get a "bonus," in February, and it is actually referred to as variable compensation. So, it's part of our salary but the amount varies each year according to your performance, your business unit's performance, and overall company performance, and also your pay level. For me it is usually about 1 1/2 months pay but last year we had a very good year and it was actually about 2 months pay. We get all cash these days, partly because our 401K contributions (and the company match) apply to our bonus, but they used to give a combination of stock and cash. I like it better as all cash.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast