• Silver

65 40.88%
  • Bronze

47 29.56%
  • 4th or 5th

13 8.18%
  • out of top 5

5 3.14%
  • they wont compete at Worlds since they wont be able to compete at the ISU events in time

6 3.77%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozzie Bear View Post

Does anyone else besides me feel bad for Mukhortova?
    Nope. It would seem that the partnership, and coaching/team, was pretty disheveled already before it had dissolved. If she and Oleg truly did act the way that others aside from Trankov have alleged, then she brought a little crappy karma on to herself. And truly, the last two years I felt that Trankov deserved a MUCH more consistent partner. Glad he has it now.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    I'm just chomping at the bit to watch the true Alona vs. Tatiana: Round 1
    Gonna be exciting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    Nope. It would seem that the partnership, and coaching/team, was pretty disheveled already before it had dissolved. If she and Oleg truly did act the way that others aside from Trankov have alleged, then she brought a little crappy karma on to herself. And truly, the last two years I felt that Trankov deserved a MUCH more consistent partner. Glad he has it now.

Because these pair skaters work so hard, and are in such a difficult discipline, I never like seeing any of them fail, but I have to admit to not feeling very sorry for Maria. I don't claim to know what went on behind the training doors, but I do remember her displaying plenty of attitude on the ice before and after skates for all of us to see. I hope she learns at a minimum about karma.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by loopey View Post

I don't claim to know what went on behind the training doors, but I do remember her displaying plenty of attitude on the ice before and after skates for all of us to see.
    She displayed it at Nationals too, this time with Jerome. She could support him like Yana supports Fedor, but she didn't. I thought she learned something after all this situation with Trankov, but I guess I was wrong

vCash
    Ah, I see. I never followed the rumors. I do like how she looks skating with Blanchard though. They have wonderful line and movements, but the tech and the confidence are not there yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn_girl View Post
    She displayed it at Nationals too, this time with Jerome. She could support him like Yana supports Fedor, but she didn't. I thought she learned something after all this situation with Trankov, but I guess I was wrong
    I missed it! What did she do?

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by loopey View Post

Because these pair skaters work so hard, and are in such a difficult discipline, I never like seeing any of them fail, but I have to admit to not feeling very sorry for Maria. I don't claim to know what went on behind the training doors, but I do remember her displaying plenty of attitude on the ice before and after skates for all of us to see. I hope she learns at a minimum about karma.
    It's a shame because she looked SO happy in the original clips with Blanchard. The previous combination of Maria, Max, and Oleg was toxic, obviously - doesn't matter whose fault it was. It would've been nice to see everyone moving on in a positive way. I thought the new partnership was bringing a new side of her. First of all she looks a lot more elegant now. Plus, in some of their early events, it looked like she was actually the solid jumper. She was landing her jumps more consistently than Jerome, and landing beeeeyooootiful throws (and they were later in the program than she used to do with Max, IIRC). I thought that was cool, like she was finding herself and knowing that now her partner was the disadvantaged one (so to speak) and she had to be the reliable one which is a new role for her. Then at Nationals she imploded too and started threatening to quit. It was like she was putting on a facade all that time and she just couldn't hold it in anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    It's a shame because she looked SO happy in the original clips with Blanchard. The previous combination of Maria, Max, and Oleg was toxic, obviously - doesn't matter whose fault it was. It would've been nice to see everyone moving on in a positive way. I thought the new partnership was bringing a new side of her. First of all she looks a lot more elegant now. Plus, in some of their early events, it looked like she was actually the solid jumper. She was landing her jumps more consistently than Jerome, and landing beeeeyooootiful throws (and they were later in the program than she used to do with Max, IIRC). I thought that was cool, like she was finding herself and knowing that now her partner was the disadvantaged one (so to speak) and she had to be the reliable one which is a new role for her. Then at Nationals she imploded too and started threatening to quit. It was like she was putting on a facade all that time and she just couldn't hold it in anymore.
    Yes, the whole "I might quit" thing did seem a bit of a knee-jerk emotional response to the embarrassment of the LP and overall placement.

Even if she had matured greatly over the last 8 months, she and Oleg can't have wanted V/T to win the National title in their first major outing.

It's just gotta bug them.

vCash
    It is hard to know what the future holds for Maria Mukhortova. I think her pairing with Blanchard has potential to be a nice one but the Russian pair is stock full in depth in pairs. What it would take for her to make it to Worlds again and ultimately the 2014 Olympics is hard to say. One thing I will say is I would be very surprised if she ever manages to beat her former partner Maxim Trankov head to head in competition again.

If Kavaguti & Smirnov retire before 2014 it will give more hope for these other pairs to fight for spots on the team. I am not sure if they will though. Of course even if they continue they could be displaced as Russia's #2 pair by then.

vCash
    In order to learn from a situation, you'd have to at least see what you did wrong. I remember Oleg starting a verbal match with Trankov in the press over the break up, with all kinds of accusations. While I remember thinking Maxim could have taken the high road to, Oleg IMO did start it.

There was blame for Piseev and blame for Trankov, but seriously its kind of like in a break up. Just because one person ends a relationship doesn't mean the other person hasn't given them reason too. Everyone and their brother knew that Trankov was unhappy in that situation and that Maria, Maxim, and Oleg didn't get along. Did Oleg and Maria try to compromise with Maxim, in order to make him more happy in the situation? I'm wondering. And if compromise isn't possible, can they blame him for leaving?

As someone on Goldenskate said when the relationship between the partners isn't great, when the relationship between the trainer and the skater isn't great, and the results aren't what you hoped. A split is quite likely.

This being said even if Maria was willing to compromise with Maxim and give Maxim everything he wanted its totally possible Trankov would have still chosen to skate with Volosozhar. That might have been just too good of an opportunity for him to pass up.

vCash
    The way Vasiliev behaved in the K&C after the FS was even worse.

Your job is to support your skaters. You can criticise them (constructively) and analyse what went wrong later. But sitting in the K&C after a rough performance, show them some support instead of ignoring them and looking the other way.

What a total knob!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post

Your job is to support your skaters. You can criticise them (constructively) and analyse what went wrong later. But sitting in the K&C after a rough performance, show them some support instead of ignoring them and looking the other way.

What a total knob!
    Well Ziggy, obviously watching performances on youtube ISN'T the way to go. I missed all the drama because the youtube videos cut off before the KnC!

vCash
    I think last year was frusterating for Mukhortova & Trankov in another sense too. It was by far their best and most consistent season of skating. I have never seen so many clean competitions by her especialy, as she is usually the unrealiable one in that pair. Yet despite that they still werent quite making it. They were 4th at the Grand Prix final despite being the only pair to do 2 clean programs. They were a distant 3rd at Europeans. And they were 4th at Worlds. Their one bad competition was the Olympics.

It was a shame in a way they split as they were making progress and getting closer, but maybe last season made them felt like they were never going to make it. In anycase I dont think Mukhortova & Trankov was ever going to be as good a pair as Volosozhar & Trankov will turn out to be, or probably already are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I think last year was frusterating for Mukhortova & Trankov in another sense too. It was by far their best and most consistent season of skating. I have never seen so many clean competitions by her especialy, as she is usually the unrealiable one in that pair. Yet despite that they still werent quite making it. They were 4th at the Grand Prix final despite being the only pair to do 2 clean programs. They were a distant 3rd at Europeans. And they were 4th at Worlds. Their one bad competition was the Olympics.

It was a shame in a way they split as they were making progress and getting closer, but maybe last season made them felt like they were never going to make it. In anycase I dont think Mukhortova & Trankov was ever going to be as good a pair as Volosozhar & Trankov will turn out to be, or probably already are.
    Maria was totally improving. But it definetly seemed like Trankov based on how he skated at the Olympics and Worlds was regressing maybe a bit.

What a total knob!
    I don't know I'm going to defend Oleg a bit and say that sometimes tough love from a coach IS necessary. This is high level sports and a coach will get ticked off.

In fairness to Maria she was very nice to Trankov after he fell in the Olympic short. (publically at least)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by loopey
    Well Ziggy, obviously watching performances on youtube ISN'T the way to go. I missed all the drama because the youtube videos cut off before the KnC!
    I know, right! She did seem supportive of Blanchard after the SP, but I didn't see the LP KnC.

At any rate, I hope she does continue with Blanchard. It'll be good to have all these Russian pairs pushing each other to improve.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    Maria was totally improving. But it definetly seemed like Trankov based on how he skated at the Olympics and Worlds was regressing maybe a bit.
    I dont remember their Worlds performances that well for some reason. I seem to recall they had a clean short and an almost clean long but just didnt get high enough scores to medal.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I dont remember their Worlds performances that well for some reason. I seem to recall they had a clean short and an almost clean long but just didnt get high enough scores to medal.
    He fell while throwing her in the LP.

vCash
    I saw someone said In VT's latest interview after RN,Trankov said Volosozhar and he become friends after six month pair togerther,but he and Maria had never been friends through seven years.They are just colleague.

I think it's a little surprise their relationship is so cold,do any other pairs go this way?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luCN View Post
    I saw someone said In VT's latest interview after RN,Trankov said Volosozhar and he become friends after six month pair togerther,but he and Maria had never been friends through seven years.They are just colleague.

I think it's a little surprise their relationship is so cold,do any other pairs go this way?
    I think it varies with each team, because each individual's personality is so different. Some pairs become couples, marry, have children, and live happily ever after. Some pairs become couples, marry, divorce--cordially or otherwise--and continue to skate as teams. Some pairs become couples and break up but remain friends and partners; some don't remain friends. Some pairs become BFFs and continue to skate together for decades. For some pairs, the team is strictly a business arrangement and they don't have much to do with one another outside of the skating. The relationship depends on outside influences, too. If both partners have equal support (I don't mean so much in the financial sense but more from the personal sense) from their "team," then I would think it would make their situation much more comfortable. From what I've read of Trankov's situation with Maria, it was difficult for him because it seemed that he didn't get much support from either his partner or their coach. Tatiana, on the other hand, seems like a very sweet girl who wants to be friends with her new partner. And, according to Trankov, he and Stas Morozov have been friends for years, so I would think that Trankov was much happier with his new situation from the very start. It is really nice to see him so peaceful and able to concentrate on his skating. Great partnership and teamwork and it's already started to pay off for both him and Tatiana big time.

vCash
    I can't for the life of me remember who Tatiana skated with last year. For some reason I thought it was for a different country but it couldn't be if they are going to Worlds. But apparently her split with her partner was not all this drama like Max's & Maria's. And that's the way it should be.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast