• Silver

65 40.88%
  • Bronze

47 29.56%
  • 4th or 5th

13 8.18%
  • out of top 5

5 3.14%
  • they wont compete at Worlds since they wont be able to compete at the ISU events in time

6 3.77%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned Member
    vCash
    I think they will not medal. Not yet. But I wish I were wrong.

vCash
    there has not been a team in a long time that has the buzz they have- I mean we were all willing this to happen !! i am enjoying being excited about a new team with such potential and dont care where they place as long as they continue to skate well, improve and stay injury free

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriajh View Post
    there has not been a team in a long time that has the buzz they have- I mean we were all willing this to happen !! i am enjoying being excited about a new team with such potential and dont care where they place as long as they continue to skate well, improve and stay injury free

vCash
    I think they will get bronze. hmmmm though Maxim cant handle stress sometimes but still.

vCash
    The rule to compete is 2 years after leaving her country, right ?
    So, if I understand well, they can't compete at Euros this season, but can compete at Worlds.
    If they compete at Worlds, I can see them with a silver or a bronze medal, behind Savchenko&Szolkowy and maybe, a chinese pair !

vCash
    It is so hard to predict anything. I just want them to skate clean, with confidence and speed and then we will see... I just wanna them to be happy with their skating

Anyone can make mistake, we all (yes, skaters too) are "just people", no machines.

I hope so much that Tanya and Maxim will win a medal at Worlds :-)

vCash
    Gold, I wish

vCash
    I believe V/T can get a medal at the Worlds!
    Now I hope K/S are also on the podium by beating P/T!

vCash
    The quality of V/T's elements is superb to all their 3 main rivals. I believe they'll win silver medal if everyone skates clean. S/S can beat them based on reputation + modern style programs. V/T's skating skills and tricks are at least not worse than ones of S/S, but their choreo is quite forgettable this season.
    I hope K/S will take bronze with their amazing LP, because since P/T decided to drop their wonderful SP for the old one (which was also cool) - I see nothing that can attract me in their skating.
    Amazing start from V/T anyway. Finally we have another really cool pair together with S/S for the last 4-5 years. Just a bit more intricate choreo the next year - and they'll even don't need to play a romantic couple on ice to win everything.

vCash
    bronze or silver.
    I love them !!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    If V/T skate like they have at Russian Nats they should take silver -gold if S/S don't deliver. I feel that K/S have been overscored being Russian number one for too long, and would not mind that to stop now. Pang /Tong have been lackluster this season. The main weakness V/T have is their programmes which is due to them having to focus on getting the technical content -but the potential of this team is just insane.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    V/T have a wow factor IMO. The positions in their lifts are incredible. The lift position out of the throw 3loop in the LP is OMGGGGGG.
    Have you ever seen Volosozhar hit a bad or ugly position? I haven't I love that lift too!!! Her spin positions are also

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzy View Post
    The main weakness V/T have is their programmes which is due to them having to focus on getting the technical content -but the potential of this team is just insane.
    Just quoting this post to remind everyone that V&T are asking fans for music choices for next season, which IMO is the coolest thing ever, and I wish I could think of something creative for them.

Searching for Sergei Verbillo's lost stache
    vCash
    Imma go out on a limb, and say gold, if S/S are not clean.

if only they had been paired up sooner!!

vCash
    It's hard to say.

V/T will probably be skating in the earlier groups during their SP at least at Worlds, which may keep their scores a bit low. S/S have a tendency to mess up, but it's not like V/T (in their former partnerships at least) have been the models of consistency either.

But then again, the pairs field is quite weak this year and some of V/T's elements are truly divine....wish they had better programs, though!

vCash
    Voted silver because I don't think they will be so high in PCS but really strong in TES. I think judges will take away PCS from P&T and give it to V&T. P&T seem to be lacking technically this season. S/S will stay the same and win Gold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natalia65 View Post
    Gold, I wish
    The only way I wouldn't mind S&S not winning another world title would be if V&T won it.

If Tatiana and Max skate at Worlds the way they skated at Russian Nationals then they can medal IMO. Although I am curious as to what the judges would do in a situation in which V&T repeat their Nationals skate but the top three contending pairs as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    V/T still have some work to do on their speed and spins but their potential is scary good.
    And having an actual program instead of a random series of elements. And on skating like a pair instead of like two single skaters.

Most of elements are great, triple twist is probably best in the world, but at this stage it would be an outrage if the PCS they got were anywhere near S/S (or even P/T who this season have quite decent programs, shockingly).

I'm sure that it will come with time and next season they'll be contending for Gold but they're not quite there yet.

vCash
    I think it would be an outrage too, but it wouldn't be the first time high TES and excitement carries over to PCS (assuming they skate like they did at Nationals). That and politiking. Everybody's been salivating over Volosozhar (and her skating ) for a long time now, and I wouldn't be surprised if the judges are like us, really rooting for her to do well with a fitting partner.

Does anyone else besides me feel bad for Mukhortova?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Ovsiannikov View Post
    Although I am curious as to what the judges would do in a situation in which V&T repeat their Nationals skate but the top three contending pairs as well.
    I think that would be interesting as well. My guess would be Aliona & Robin beat them for sure in this scenario. I would guess they finish over Kavaguti & Smirnov in this scenario since I think the Russian fed. considers them their #1 and that alone would almost ensure their placing above if both went clean. So that would leave them with silver or bronze depending how they are scored vs Pang & Tong in that scenario.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast