• Silver

65 40.88%
  • Bronze

47 29.56%
  • 4th or 5th

13 8.18%
  • out of top 5

5 3.14%
  • they wont compete at Worlds since they wont be able to compete at the ISU events in time

6 3.77%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Of course. However Russian Nationals are so political that if the fed. still considered Kavaguti & Smirnov their #1 they still would have had atleast equal (or slightly higher) PCS and been atleast close to winning the LP phase inspite of this.
    This sounds too "ice dancey" for me, even for Russian Nationals. I don't think V/T's scores came from being the "Russian #1"... They made minimal errors while K/S were somewhat off. I don't see how they could give K/S higher PCS when they clearly were outskated and there's not much superior about K/S's skating to begin with. The PCS were still relatively close, and if V/T hadn't done so well, K/S would have had a chance to win. When both teams skate well, will V/T will come out ahead? I'd say yes, but that's because they are the better team, not because they have been appointed "Russian #1".

Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    Right, and despite all, the guy must have enjoyed skating, so admitting your partner and wife is that much better than you, that you actually have been what has kept her away from podiums and glory, must have been hard. But he did it all without a blink. I don't know if it's a proof of love, but it surely is a proof that Morozov is more than a decent man, who wants to see his girl happy strongly enough to squeeze his own jealousy. He didn't have to encourage her to do it, they could have retired together and it could've been all of Tatiana we would have got to see. Ever.
    There is also the fact that Morozov is 31 while Volosozhar is only 24. Morozov competed in his first Worlds 14 years ago and has been to 3 Olympics. It is definitely possible that age was the main factor that convinced him to switch to coaching. It wasn't a sure bet that Tatiana was going to get to skate with Trankov anyway, as Trankov claimed to be depressed and on the brink of retirement over all the issues with Maria/Oleg (or something dramatic like that, right? )

Back on topic, I think V/T will probably medal at Worlds... There's not that much depth in pairs this season, and the top teams won't all go clean. There will definitely be mistakes from just about everyone, and I think V/T have a good chance to medal, if not win, with solid performances. I'd like to see them get silver behind S/S.
    Last edited by stjeaskategym; 01-04-2011 at 06:45 PM.

vCash
    I loved this team and the potential they have. Forget about the Russian federation, I have been waiting for a team of this calibre to emerge too!!

I don't know how well they will do this year, most likely a medal, but think that in the future they could easily be above S/S. I find them more smooth and much easier to watch than that team, and if they're this good already, then their potential is very good.

so exciting to see a team that i have (almost) confidence in, which you can't say about K/S or any of the other young Russians.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stjeaskategym View Post
    This sounds too "ice dancey" for me, even for Russian Nationals. I don't think V/T's scores came from being the "Russian #1"... They made minimal errors while K/S were somewhat off. I don't see how they could give K/S higher PCS when they clearly were outskated and there's not much superior about K/S's skating to begin with. The PCS were still relatively close, and if V/T hadn't done so well, K/S would have had a chance to win. When both teams skate well, will V/T will come out ahead? I'd say yes, but that's because they are the better team, not because they have been appointed "Russian #1".
    K/S did not have a good competition. If Maria and Maxim had skated this year they probably would have beat them year as well. They just didn't have enough time to prepare after the injuries. Tatiana two footed her landings, their sbs spins were off; yet they were given high scores for those elements. Neither team was perfect but K/S made more mistakes. I don't think any team is beyond making mistakes, I think it is dependent on who is willing to overlook them.

There is also the fact that Morozov is 31 while Volosozhar is only 24. Morozov competed in his first Worlds 14 years ago and has been to 3 Olympics. It is definitely possible that age was the main factor that convinced him to switch to coaching. It wasn't a sure bet that Tatiana was going to get to skate with Trankov anyway, as Trankov claimed to be depressed and on the brink of retirement over all the issues with Maria/Oleg (or something dramatic like that, right? )

Back on topic, I think V/T will probably medal at Worlds... There's not that much depth in pairs this season, and the top teams won't all go clean. There will definitely be mistakes from just about everyone, and I think V/T have a good chance to medal, if not win, with solid performances. I'd like to see them get silver behind S/S.
    Stas seems like a great guy, I'm one of very few who liked watching him...but I don't put him up on this pedestal thinking that he only did it for “her”.....If there were no ideal skaters available he would have never retired. Seriously he wasn’t that bad. If they would have competed at worlds in 2010 they would have been 5th or 6th, not too shabby. He only retired because someone was waiting in wings to take her and he knew it. I don't believe for one second Maxim would have retired. They will do well at worlds. I can't wait to see everyone at the top of their game on equal footing and hopefully healthy, that is the important thing. NO MORE WITHDRAWLS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Taso View Post
    I think it flows beautifully and has good phrasing, I actually feel something emotionally as it grows. I'm sure I'm the only one, but I do...don't know why. I gave up on wanting to be "moved" by skating 3 years ago
    Phrasing, I can agree with.

But for it to flow beautifully, Yuko'd have to have decent basic skating.

And that's my beef. A classical program to music that gentle can work if you're a team that is balletic, has good flow, clean edges, etc.

But K/S are so awkward... And they have no style, let alone classical style.

Their "everything but the kitchen sink" programs took your attention away from that and compensated with transitions and a complex choreography structure.

vCash
    we can't make anything relate to political according to their performance IMO...and if KS got slightly higher PCS,they still can't win.

and KS's performance was understandable,she just recover from injuries for a few time,they can come back in Euros and Worlds.

for VT,I don't think their numbers are good enough to catch gold,but if they are consistent enough,they can get a medal...

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Banned Member
    vCash
    Max has a tatoo on his chest- Olympic rings. No doubt he is determined to win!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345