View Poll Results: Would you wear fur if you had the option?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! It's comfy, and it would keep me warm and make me look tiffed!

20 22.73%
  • YES! It is more environmentally friendly than faux fur and synthetics

6 6.82%
  • NO! It is cruel and morally unjustifiable

32 36.36%
  • NO! It is tacky/I just don't like it

16 18.18%
  • I would only wear fur if it is vintage or used

14 15.91%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Re-registered User
    vCash
    I would buy or wear a fur coat from farmed fur, or hunted fur like seal. I'm a little less sanguine about wearing furs obtained through trapping.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    I don't like the look of a full fur coat. But it doesn't bother me one bit to see other people wear them. I am not an animal person.

I received a leather jacket as a gift years ago and it has a fur collar and I have been wearing it for many a winter. I don't know if collar is real, nor do I care.

vCash
    [QUOTE=nubka;2999755]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonita View Post

Are you a vegetarian? Just curious...
    I'm a pescetarian (SP?) for two years now - I eat fish, but only fish that is caught in its own habitat (i.e., haddock) and not farm-raised fish (i.e., tilapia). My non-objection to some fish is that it's just swimming around in its own world until it gets killed vs. suffering for ages in a factory farm waiting to die.

I have never believed in fur, even when I was a full meat-eating, non-bunny mommy. Even though cat fur is illegal in the U.S., I would look at any fur and think of my cats, my friends' dogs, etc. Just yucky overall. Even if I wasn't a huge animal person, I honestly think it feels icky and itchy on the skin, and I never cared for it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonita View Post
    View the slide show at the bottom only if you have a strong stomach.
    The purpose of the web site that you referenced is to scare/intimidate the designer and the public from wearing rabbit fur. Of course they're going to pick the worst case scenario and display it to the public. I'm sure there are animals raised for meat that are mistreated too, but I don't believe it happens everywhere. You just have to be more conscientious as to whom you buy meat and fur from, etc.

To answer nubka's question... No, I'm not a vegetarian.

Re-registered User
    vCash
    Wild harvested fish is the thing that make me feel the most guilt to eat. It takes so long for fish to die in the hold of a ship, and they are very pain sensitive.

I don't wear leather, because I don't like the cold feel of it. My husband got leather seating for his car, and I think I'm going to get a cloth seat cover for it.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    I don't have a problem with vintage furs, but I think furs in general are created by extremely cruel means, so I voted that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rjblue View Post
    Wild harvested fish is the thing that make me feel the most guilt to eat. It takes so long for fish to die in the hold of a ship, and they are very pain sensitive.
    OMG, I had no idea, shudder. Must research.

vCash
    I have a fur coat and a collar that goes on a cashmere coat that is fur.both furs are vintage.I have no problems with fur being worn or wearing it.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    I think for most people, in most places in the world, fur is unnecessary. This makes it different from eating meat, which human beings were designed to do and is the easiest way to get your protein in. (Plus, for some people, their protein needs are high enough that it's pretty much impossible to meet them without at least animal by-products.)

It's also no hardship to give up fur. Therefore, not giving it up, when it's easy and a luxury, and the animals it's made from are not being used for anything else seems wrong to me. I'd feel differently about fur that came from an animal that was slaughtered for its meat, but that's not how we do things in the modern world.
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12