Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

vCash
    I think Mao and Yuna are burned out. It is hard for skaters nowadays to maintain the required technical level without getting overuse injuries. They wouldn't be the first. Look at what happened to Urmanov, Lipinski, Yagudin, Goebel after the Olympics.

vCash
    Mao's LP at Nats was sublime. I hope she can skate even better at worlds. That's my favourite LP by her, ever.

vCash
    I hope she keeps working at her technique. I think she is a wonderful skater, and focused too much on the triple axle. Not winning the last OGM really shook her confidence to the core plus in her culture, she might feel shame in not having won the gold medal, and missing it by so many points compared to Kim.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamSkates View Post
    I hope she keeps working at her technique. I think she is a wonderful skater, and focused too much on the triple axle. Not winning the last OGM really shook her confidence to the core plus in her culture, she might feel shame in not having won the gold medal, and missing it by so many points compared to Kim.
    Disappointment yes but there's no hint in the interviews she has given after the Olympics she feels any shame. She has said many times despite not reaching her goal, she cherishes the medal she earned and her Olympic experience. I think people often compare Mao's situation with Midori's. There are similarities but it's quite different because the skating field in Japan has drastically changed since Midori's era.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamSkates View Post
    I think she is a wonderful skater, and focused too much on the triple axle.
    Doing 3A cost her a lot in the pass b/c of ridiculous rules (4,32 points for 3A<-2T at worlds... ), but I don't think she's focused only on it. She has also very good step sequences, spins, spirals and choreographies. Well.. I would say she has the whole package as if she had better speed...

BTW- Has Mao improved a bit her speed or this is only my impression? I'm talking about her programs at nats

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extranjera View Post
    Doing 3A cost her a lot in the pass b/c of ridiculous rules (4,32 points for 3A<-2T at worlds... ), but I don't think she's focused only on it. She has also very good step sequences, spins, spirals and choreographies. Well.. I would say she has the whole package as if she had better speed...

BTW- Has Mao improved a bit her speed or this is only my impression? I'm talking about her programs at nats
    I've heard some people say yes and some say no. So I'm not sure. But what is apparent to me is that she is skating much more smoothly between elements like it was in her pre-TAT years. I believe Mao's basics suffered under TAT. She was never very fast but her speed/ice coverage was much better under Arutunian.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    I've heard some people say yes and some say no. So I'm not sure. But what is apparent to me is that she is skating much more smoothly between elements like it was in her pre-TAT years. I believe Mao's basics suffered under TAT. She was never very fast but her speed/ice coverage was much better under Arutunian.
    ITA For last 2 years she was losing speed after landing jumps, but she didn't do it at nats and her jumps seemed smoother. Unfortunately it's hard to judge the speed when we don't watch competition live

vCash
    There are lot of rumors and stories why Mao started to revamp her jumps this year.
    So I just want to tell you this once for all.

Mao herself in her interview said," I have been feeling for a while that my jumps were sort of out of sync. I decided to rework them right after Vancouver. My objective is to regain the jumps that I had when I was 15 years old."

That what it is, ladies and gentlemen.

Banned Member
    vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    OMG, she looks absolutely stunning! like beautiful porcelain doll.

vCash
    What kind of ceremony is this? She's gorgeous.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by feraina View Post
    What kind of ceremony is this? She's gorgeous.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coming_of_Age_Day

Vacant
    vCash
    Quite a few news articles on this have appeared on youtube today. Here's one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD47mFaqPrs

She looks beautiful!!

vCash
    OMG. I totally forgot this year she was to celebrate her Coming of Age Day. Thanks to everone for the links and photos.
    Congraturations and Happy Seijin no Hi, Mao chan (or should I say Mao san?)!! She looks beautiful!!

Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    Quite a few news articles on this have appeared on youtube today. Here's one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD47mFaqPrs

She looks beautiful!!
    This link doesn't work for me but thank you for sharing anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
    OMG. I totally forgot this year she was to celebrate her Coming of Age Day. Thanks to everone for the links and photos.
    Congraturations and Happy Seijin no Hi, Mao chan (or should I say Mao san?)!! She looks beautiful!!

I think there's a mistake on the link url. Try this:
    浅田真央(mao asada) 一足早い成人式晴れ着姿のお披露目

And another clip. You can see her new EX costume here from Nagoya Skate festival:
    20110107 FIGURE SKATE 追加(羽生選手演技有)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by roma View Post
    I think there's a mistake on the link url. Try this:
    浅田真央(mao asada) 一足早い成人式晴れ着姿のお披露目

And another clip. You can see her new EX costume here from Nagoya Skate festival:
    20110107 FIGURE SKATE 追加(羽生選手演技有)

Thank you roma, for the links!
    It's good to see now Mao have her confidence back in the second clip.

Vacant
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy View Post

Ooops sorry. I edited it so it should work now.

vCash
    I love Mao's programs this year, and I'm a fan now definitely. She skates like a goddess, Yuna like a good actress. I love Mao's beautiful lines and flow. Good luck for the World!

Banned Member
    vCash

vCash
    Thanks, but a new Mao Asada thread has already been started in GSD with this article -- link is: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=77457

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast