Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Yay Mao's in first after the SP!

vCash
    I think she can afford not to have a triple-triple IF she succeeds in her triple axel attempt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    Yay Mao's in first after the SP!
    Thanks for ruining that for me! I did not except to read results here...

vCash
    It was nice to see Mao finally smile on the ice after looking so lost and listless every time she performed this season. Merry Christmas, Mao!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    I don't think the problem is the pre-rotation, you are allowed a half-turn pre-rotation and a 1/4 underrotation on the landing so really a triple jump is only 2 1/4 revolutions. Many skaters use their full blade on takeoffs, and some great coaches like Frank Carroll evidently teach that style, look at Michelle Kwan or Mirai Nagasu. We can't compare with Yuna because Yuna has superior toe-jump technique to anyone at this time. I think for her it's more of a problem with things like the picking leg and how her upper body is bent down on takeoff... but I'm not a real expert by any means so if anyone could explain this further...
    You must be kidding! I suggest you review the rule book.

If you really meant it, it would be like you are saying a toe or edge jump has a forward takeoff and an axel jump has a backward takeoff. Can you name a skater, man or woman, who had more severe or persistent pre-rotation than Mao’s? And what gives you an idea that Frank Carroll actually TEACH his skaters to practice into that kind of blatantly cheated pre-rotation? I don’t blame you liking Mao as a skater, but please, let’s call a spade a spade.
    Last edited by lowtherlore; 12-26-2010 at 12:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vodkashot View Post
    You don't know much about jump technique or correcting it, don't you....
    I predicted her meltdown well before the start of the season, but still I said it would be Asada, Ando and Murakami, as anybody who knows about Japanese figure skating would have.

What’s your take on why Mao (and Nagakubo) was, at least on surface, serious about correcting her jumps earlier this year? I think their priorities were: first, correct her wrong edge on lutz; and second, improve her overall speed/coverage and flow in and out of the jumps. Problem is, she CANNOT improve the speed or flow UNLESS she correct her takeoffs/entrances to her jumps first. That’s not an easy task for anybody, and IMO by now she has lost her will to tackle it, and she’s not getting any younger.

Now, you can go back to your vodka bottle (Japanese call brand maybe?) before sidestepping to your bed..
    Last edited by lowtherlore; 12-26-2010 at 12:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtherlore View Post
    Can you name a skater, man or woman, who had more severe or persistent pre-rotation than Mao’s?
    It's hard to compare her to other woman, don't you think? But if we're talking also about men then: Evan Lysacek.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extranjera View Post
    It's hard to compare her to other woman, don't you think? But if we're talking also about men then: Evan Lysacek.
    In my opinion, Mao's 3A is much better than Evan's.
    But god, when will this poster stop with the prerotation crap. But then he did go on and on about conspiracy crap.

vCash
    Don't worry. Mao always looks forward.
    I read in a newspaper today that after the Nationals she declared that she will attempt three 3A at the Worlds. I know it is kind of risky at present, but it's Mao, she never stops challenging, you know.

vCash
    I love Mao this year better, even she hasn't hit her prime time yet. Her LP and Ex are so beautiful! She looks gorgeous! Artistically she's better and she skated so gracefully and just flow so well on the ice. I'm rooting for her!

vCash
    You must be kidding! I suggest you review the rule book.

If you really meant it, it would be like you are saying a toe or edge jump has a forward takeoff and an axel jump has a backward takeoff. Can you name a skater, man or woman, who had more severe or persistent pre-rotation than Mao’s? And what gives you an idea that Frank Carroll actually TEACH his skaters to practice into that kind of blatantly cheated pre-rotation? I don’t blame you liking Mao as a skater, but please, let’s call a spade a spade.
    Lowtherlore, please learn how to skate yourself instead of indoctrinating yourself with obsessive youtube videos before spewing technique BS.

vCash
    Finally got round to seeing Mao's skates at Japanese Nats after the drama of the holidays, and oh my, she was lovely (especially in the FS). So light and ethereal; she really was just floating out there. It's also nice to see her go very nearly clean in both programs and attempt just 1 3A per skate. I'm wondering if she was marked for flutzing in the LP, but it's encouraging to see her at least go for it and land it cleanly. What is it with the Japanese ladies and Nationals? Even Miki looked more graceful and authentically expressive in the FS than she normally does.

If Mao goes clean in both programs (with preferably 6 triples in the LP) and skates like this at Worlds, she really should win. Her exhibition at Nationals is indicative of how sublime and outmatched she is in many areas of her skating:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht5OP_abusM

vCash
    The opening spiral of that exhibition is breathtaking. Thanks mrinalini.

And wow, am I pleasantly surprised at how well Asada competed at nationals. It was so disheartening to watch her struggle as much as she did this season that I decided not to have high expectations over Christmas weekend, but this is great. Congrats!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    But god, when will this poster stop with the prerotation crap. But then he did go on and on about conspiracy crap.
    Which part of it you find is hard to believe? Mao approaching Orser part or her “I’m shocked to hear that” part? I could help you and explain it again, as clear as it could be this time, so that even you would finally get it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brina View Post
    Lowtherlore, please learn how to skate yourself instead of indoctrinating yourself with obsessive youtube videos before spewing technique BS.
    Youtube videos? I don’t bother to watch them. It’s obvious even without the help of slow-mo, isn't it. And exactly which part of my post you think is "technique BS", please specify.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    I think Lysacek isn't the only men whose 3A is worse than Mao's

Quote Originally Posted by Ilvskating View Post
    I love Mao this year better, even she hasn't hit her prime time yet. Her LP and Ex are so beautiful! She looks gorgeous! Artistically she's better and she skated so gracefully and just flow so well on the ice. I'm rooting for her!
    I agree with you. First time I got to know that Mao chose "Liebestraum" I wasn't happy of this choice, b/c I was affraid this FS would be boring compared to "Bells of moscow" (which is one of my favourite FSs ever), but after nationals I fell in love with it. It was gorgeous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extranjera View Post
    I think Lysacek isn't the only men whose 3A is worse than Mao's
    You guys are something!

vCash
    I predicted her meltdown well before the start of the season, but still I said it would be Asada, Ando and Murakami, as anybody who knows about Japanese figure skating would have.

What’s your take on why Mao (and Nagakubo) was, at least on surface, serious about correcting her jumps earlier this year? I think their priorities were: first, correct her wrong edge on lutz; and second, improve her overall speed/coverage and flow in and out of the jumps. Problem is, she CANNOT improve the speed or flow UNLESS she correct her takeoffs/entrances to her jumps first. That’s not an easy task for anybody, and IMO by now she has lost her will to tackle it, and she’s not getting any younger.

Now, you can go back to your vodka bottle (Japanese call brand maybe?) before sidestepping to your bed..

The fact that you automatically assume that I am Japanese (which, for the record, I am not, not even close) when I disagree with your increasingly farcial statements are frankly more indicative of yourself than I, and it tells me that whatever long and detailed explanations I might give of jump technique are likely to be ignored as reality clearly does not fit into the confines of your narrow worldview.

PS. If you think Asada's 3As are obviously questionable even without the aid of slow-mo, but not Lysacek's....well, I don't think I need to say more.

vCash

The fact that you automatically assume that I am Japanese (which, for the record, I am not, not even close) when I disagree with your increasingly farcial statements are frankly more indicative of yourself than I, and it tells me that whatever long and detailed explanations I might give of jump technique are likely to be ignored as reality clearly does not fit into the confines of your narrow worldview.

PS. If you think Asada's 3As are obviously questionable even without the aid of slow-mo, but not Lysacek's....well, I don't think I need to say more.

vCash

I won't believe that someone could say for sure, that Mao did underrotated 3A at world champs in Turin. Most of commentators didn't notice it even with Slow mo.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast