Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    Haven't wrapped anything (though thanksfully Mr AYS has done fair amount), need to go out and get all stocking stuffers, need to get something to bring to BIL's house on Christmas day (tomorrow), need to get vino to bring to 2 parties on the 26th and really need to get at least one more little something for Mr AYS.

And I'm sitting here working and planning to go work out.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I am however making "my"* traditional Christmas french toast tonight so it will be ready to cook on Saturday. And maybe some cookies.
    Mmmmmmnnnnnnn.... recipe or description please?

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agalisgv View Post
    drop off some children who walked in yesterday and announced they wanted to spend the night
    are they squatters?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agalisgv View Post

You just think you've won! I still have to put up the tree, decorate it, finish my shopping, buy groceries, do laundry, wrap presents, pick up relatives from the airport, drop off some children who walked in yesterday and announced they wanted to spend the night (so not much happened after that), prepare all the food since no one will help, and drive to the next city to drop off presents for friends before Xmas.

Beat that!

vCash
    last gift shopping attempt, this morning at 9 am.
    one of the stores had run out of gift cards.
    heck with it, will buy them online.

i have no excuse

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    I'm sorry you hurt your hand. I had surgery earlier in the month and learning to deal without my right hand has been a pain. At least I can type again. I hope your hand feels better very soon.

I did my "wrapping" one-handed this year with gift bags. Grab the middle of a piece of tissue paper with your good hand and sharply snap it. Now put it into the bag. Repeat several more times, and you now have a great looking gift bag. The dollar store provided the tissue paper and a bunch of gift bags. No tape, no ribbon. Used some stick on gift labels, and voila!
    Thankyou. I hope your hand is better soon, too. Good idea about the gift bags - I will remember that.

vCash
    You mean the fact that I have to go out and get the fixings for the holiday "Pamper Yourself" basket I'm putting together for my Mom, and the gift bag I need to get for my nephew's present?

I'm gettin', I'm gettin'...

vCash
    You guys are making me feel guilty because I have nothing left to do gift-wise. My family isn't big on presents or decorating or food (sad, I know), and I've already done the gift thing with my friends. Godspeed all!

vCash
    I was mostly done until some relatives decided to drop in unexpectedly. So gift card for one, book for the other. Got the gift card this morning at Walgreens as I was picking up the last of the photos for my the calender I'm making (almost finished! ), and will hit a bookstore on my way out of town.

Oh, and I'm not packed or anything.

vCash
    I was shopping up until noon. I just spent the last hour wrapping. Finally done. I thought I was done for the day, but we are now having an unexpected beer and pizza eve with friends, and I have to go get some whore-durves (no, I do not know how to spell it, though I am a cheese whore, LOL). Dreading the food store.

I would really be SOL except a wonderful suprise awaited me when I got home - my husband vaccumed the whole house! TG!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonita View Post
    I would really be SOL except a wonderful suprise awaited me when I got home - my husband vaccumed the whole house! TG!
    Bonita, since you're not that far away, mind sending your husband over here? Not sure when, or if, I'll get the vacuuming done and kitchen floor mopped.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Bonita -- he'd be welcome here too. D just made Christmas cookies -- we'd share!

vCash
    I grabbed the last present I needed on Wednesday night. I started shopping back in August and realized after a coworker gave me a very well thought out gift that I needed to grab something small for them. Also wanted to grab some unique picture frames for best friend. We have some presents to wrap tonight but really, our primary focus is trying to get our house ready for possibly 40 people Sunday!! Then we have to clean all that crap up and get ready for family get together part 2 with my side of the family on the 28th. (Luckily that includes only 17 people)

This last week was very touch and go. Dad had to go back into hospital for cancer treatment and I wasn't even sure he would be out for Christmas but we get to pick him up later today. The next couple of days my dad will be just chilling out and resting, but we will still pop in and bring him some lunch/ dinner.

I couldn't even imagine dealing with last minute shopping...just the thought of dealing with those crowds makes me cry...
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    Bonita, since you're not that far away, mind sending your husband over here? Not sure when, or if, I'll get the vacuuming done and kitchen floor mopped.
    LOL, everyone wants to borrow him, whether it's for chores or ice dancing, but he's MINE! He's out of work right now so he's been extra helpful around the house even for him.

vCash

French Toast recipe

Quote Originally Posted by sk8pics View Post
    Mmmmmmnnnnnnn.... recipe or description please?
    I believe she was talking about this one I posted 5 yearss ago. I make it Christmas Eve for breakfast Christmas morning. I just pop it in the oven, set the timer, and we open gifts while it bakes and smells heavenly:

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...5&postcount=24

vCash
    Thanks! Too bad I didn't see this before I went to the supermarket because I would have picked up the one or two ingredients I don't have and made it for tomorrow's breakfast. Maybe next weekend I'll make it. It's snowing here so I don't think I'll make another trip to the supermarket.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12