Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: OMG!!!WHY?

vCash
    Let's not take ourselves so seriously. Most come to this forum because we have a passion for skating, and not being able to myself, I have to admire and appreciate those who climb, however humbly, to the world stage. Our opinions are just that, opinions. We all have them. That's what makes this forum interesting, at least for me. Disagreement can be interesting!

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamSkates View Post
    Let's not take ourselves so seriously.
    OMG!!!WHY?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    What is "no one's business?".

In that case, no one here at FSU or any other forum should have anything to say about any skater's skating.
    That she keeps competing or not and why, or her family's financial situation, etc.

I am not saying we should not say anything about them. I just respect Fumie for not giving in to those voices against her choice.

Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    Well, what is her dream ? I thought she just loves to skate.
    Well, for that question we should ask Fumie.

vCash

Hopefully Fumie hears the singing of the fat lady

I'm truly hoping that reality sets into view for her following this... There was a day when this would have been considered a bad performance for her. Now unfortunately its pretty much as good as it gets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGcOlef3Gfk

Not only has she retired the loop jump from her repertoire as if she's got other technical skill's to supplement, but successfully completing a 3 sal is a concept that you would have to dig through the archives of her previous performances to prove that she can do. Not to mention that a layback spin of any quality from her became extinct after she left Morozov or actually Mr.Sato.

I realize that some people view it as harsh when a critic who has not walked a step in her shoes runs off at the keyboard about what she should have done. However, as a fan of Fumie’s, it is unbearable to watch these less than sub par performances that she delivers time after time. What’s worse though is that even at her best, she still would not really be competitive with what the women of today are doing. It’s not just the jumps failures, but it’s her overall quality that just is not complemented by the COP ( weak combination spins, dull jump entrances,Flutz etc.)

Below are some examples of how I would like to have remembered her skating had she the sport at these points...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8RNoX5Catw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg1aGFbxvyI

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallFairy View Post
    if he wins Euros....that's somthing I can't take I'll find a big, dark hole and bury myself!!!
    KVDP FTW!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by arakwafan2006 View Post
    Not only has she retired the loop jump from her repertoire as if she's got other technical skill's to supplement, but successfully completing a 3 sal is a concept that you would have to dig through the archives of her previous performances to prove that she can do. Not to mention that a layback spin of any quality from her became extinct after she left Morozov or actually Mr.Sato...it is unbearable to watch these less than sub par performances that she delivers time after time. It’s not just the jumps failures, but it’s her overall quality that just is not complemented by the COP ( weak combination spins, dull jump entrances,Flutz etc.)
    The issue here is not that she is continuing to skate as an amateur. I think the issue is the loss of skill, period. Being a successful professional skater requires performing good spins for one thing. (See Sasha's and Shizuka's exhibitions for an example.)

I actually thought that in her time with Morozov, her skills were decent. I wonder why after leaving him, her flexibility, spins, and spirals deteriorated. I would guess either her training is unbalanced and doesn't cover those areas enough or that she has some physical injury issues to deal with. (Perhaps she is in the same situation as Rachael Flatt whose flexibility has been limited due to an injury.)

Either way, I wonder whether flexibility has always been an issue/weak spot for Fumie.
    Last edited by krenseby; 12-27-2010 at 07:48 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234