Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowway View Post
    I'm very fond of Ilia ...and don't like to see him personally insulted - bloated, plastic surgery - when the facts don't necessarily support it.
    Seriously. I don't understand why there'd be any complaints about how Ilia looks.

vCash
    Neither do I!

vCash
    ...Please accept my apology for making a bit of a 'thing' of this (guilty, your honor) but frankly I'm very fond of Ilia (in the way I'm fond of my sons' friends who are all at least as old as Ilia) and don't like to see him personally insulted - bloated, plastic surgery - when the facts don't necessarily support it.
    Sorry but Ilya doesn't look like Lothario to everyone at every time. Sorry if some of us might offend "Kullik Krew" every now and then.

He looked big, over-tanned...and, frankly, as if he had a bad hangover, my husband noted. Husband and I had on-ice seats and saw Ilya very clearly. We absolutely stick by our observations on Sept 2009. Good heavens, look at your own photos once again.

That said, he skated very well and we cheered him. But he looked bloated and much worse than he does now. He has definitely gotten back in shape and with a younger look. He looked 100-times better in Oct 2010.
    Last edited by Frau Muller; 12-23-2010 at 06:43 PM.

vCash
    You're right in that Ilia is not all things to all skating fans at all times or even some of the time; I never said he was. And I'm not saying you have to agree with me about Ilia but what you're willing to say about him in public with no basis in fact...that's my problem.

You felt the need to bring up the topic of his appearance and get in a few personal shots and have now up-ed the ante with a 'bad hangover' which is yet more supposition. You let insults fly like they're facts and they're not. They're opinions, guesses, suppositions, etc. and can be harmful to the individual about whom you're talking whether it happens to be Ilia or anyone else. This isn't just about him (although this discussion is), it's about how we talk about anyone when the words could affect their personal reputation. At best, it's careless.

You initiated the insults for no apparent reason; I responded. You didn't offend Kulik's Krew as the Krew, or Krew membership, has no bearing on this discussion. You offended me, as I think I made clear.
    Last edited by Willowway; 12-24-2010 at 04:55 AM.

vCash
    You're right in that Ilia is not all things to all skating fans at all times or even some of the time; I never said he was. And I'm not saying you have to agree with me about Ilia but what you're willing to say about him in public with no basis in fact...that's my problem.

You felt the need to bring up the topic of his appearance and get in a few personal shots and have now up-ed the ante with a 'bad hangover' which is yet more supposition. You let insults fly like they're facts and they're not. They're opinions, guesses, suppositions, etc. and can be harmful to the individual about whom you're talking whether it happens to be Ilia or anyone else. This isn't just about him (although this discussion is), it's about how we talk about anyone when the words could affect their personal reputation. At best, it's careless.

You initiated the insults for no apparent reason; I responded. You didn't offend Kulik's Krew as the Krew, or Krew membership, has no bearing on this discussion. You offended me, as I think I made clear.
    Chill woman....Remember, this is the TRASH CAN, so more than likely, 'trash' talk will mostly like be abundant in this forum. It's all fun. You shouldn't take it seriously or personally.

So are you offended of the 'insults' in general regardless of which skater the insults are directed towards or are you offended because they are directed towards Ilia whom you seem to consider as your 'son'? You don't have to get so defensive when a fellow FSWer doesn't paint a rosy picture of Ilia. Lots of FSWers make fun of other skater's appearances all the time, John Baldwin for example. I don't see you defending John Baldwin. They also speculate about other skaters, but I don't see you reprimanding them for speculating.

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    The original poster's message was placed in the correct forum. It certainly belongs in a trash can.

vCash

vCash
    This discussion is definitely 'cooked' but one clarification.
    Ilia whom you seem to consider as your 'son'?
    Hardly.I'm nutty but I'm not that nutty! If you read my post you'd have noticed that I tried to explain my fondness for Ilia in terms of my "sons' friends", not my sons (whom I love far more than I love any other people in the world - as it should be).

Happy Holidays everyone!
    Last edited by Willowway; 12-24-2010 at 03:22 PM.

vCash
    This discussion is definitely 'cooked' .....!
    Home cookin' from the President (Mom) of Kulik's Krew.

CHILL, Honey. And try to have a Merry Christmas, please.

vCash
    If I wasn't feeling fat before I really do now.............Seriously ........you think he looked bloated? Merry Christmas everyone.........time to eat again.

vCash
    Merry Christmas!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12