vCash

Vote for Tessa & Scott

I get a "local" paper which is holding a "contest" concerning the top five stories they covered in 2010. One of those, near and dear to my heart, are the stories about their Olympic dream come true. I somehow doubt that a paper which screams hockey, hockey, hockey in the sports section will get many votes for that other ice sport that takes away their valuable ice time - figure skating.

If you would like to help out and cast you vote for our favourite sport and a golden couple, please go to http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2...-16577261.html
    I've voted already and am about to see if I can do so multiple times.

Here's to the power of FSU!!
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Done! Good luck to Tessa & Scott!

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    I've voted already and am about to see if I can do so multiple times.

Here's to the power of FSU!!
    Multiple voting seems to work...
    Can't skate but love to watch

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Just voted 5 times and will vote more later when I have time. Just refresh the page after you've voted and vote again

vCash

voting..

I think i will vote for the police officer who lost his life and left a wife and children, i think this deserves a vote, rather than sports. ..thank you in advance

vCash
    cammelia - I can understand why you might vote as you did. However, to me at least, police officers unfortunately get killed in the line of duty far too often and leave behind loved ones. Please don't take what I am about to say the wrong way or as a slam against what you chose, only my reasoning for choosing why I did and why I would ask my fellow figure skating friends here to help.

As sad as the story was, and I felt absolutely sorry for the grieving family, I compared that to something that is a first and joyful as well. When Tessa & Scott won Olympic gold and at home I had shivers all over my body, I cried and laughed at the same time. To me, this was a news event that has not reported before, especially in this part of the province let alone the country of Canada - ice dance Olympic Champions.

I understand and respect your choice.
    Crazy about sports!