Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    Overedge, I think Team Yu-na has just found a scapegoat for if Yu-na doesn't show up at Worlds.
    I think you've hit the nail right on the head.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by riveredge View Post
    Overreacting? Why can't they just leave her alone?

Simple as that.

And besides this TV station has the history of stalking other athletes. This is not the first time and now you're saying we're taking this sh!t personally? Goodness this hate is insane.
    What hate?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    Overedge, I think Team Yu-na has just found a scapegoat for if Yu-na doesn't show up at Worlds.

This being said, I DO think its unacceptable to tape her in this matter if the rules of the rink say no taping.
    Of course it's unacceptable, but Team Yuna is making itself a laughingstock by implying it might affect her performance at Worlds. BTW, did she cry a single tear?

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLucky View Post
    Apparently we will see the same old Yuna with nice jumps and everything else mediocre at best.
    I think you're mistaking YuNa for Miki Ando.
    Last edited by Cyn; 12-29-2010 at 06:32 AM.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    If Ando's coach hurt his back bending over I doubt it was for trying to get her to point her toes
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Ando points her toes, at least.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by riveredge View Post
    Overreacting? Why can't they just leave her alone?

Simple as that.
    Simply because celebrities/key figures are rarely left alone. How many fans of Yuna have snapped pictures of her when she's not aware of their presence? Granted, these have mostly been in public places, but curiosity is understandable and paparazzi have not been known to adhere to the rules and etiquette.

Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    And for goodness' sake, Yu-na was being filmed and photographed at every opportunity in the lead-up to the Olympics last year, and I think she managed to do just fine at that competition. To suggest, as ATS does, that being filmed a few times at practice is going to affect her preparation for worlds and her performance at worlds...is just silly IMHO.
    I agree. The filming was inappropriate and the response from ATS was right on.. until they mentioned Worlds 2011. Not sure how this incident has anything to do with that. Maybe they're concerned about similar happenings during Worlds?

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marbri View Post
    If Ando's coach hurt his back bending over I doubt it was for trying to get her to point her toes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marbri View Post
    Oooh, the mental image

vCash
    I don't recall anything about either of them suffering at Worlds because they were filmed while practicing. And for goodness' sake, Yu-na was being filmed and photographed at every opportunity in the lead-up to the Olympics last year, and I think she managed to do just fine at that competition. To suggest, as ATS does, that being filmed a few times at practice is going to affect her preparation for worlds and her performance at worlds...is just silly IMHO.
    Try to recall Miki's 06 Olympic and ODA's 07 world. Ah! need not to be disappointed even though you can't recall.
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post
    Try to recall Miki's 06 Olympic and ODA's 07 world. Ah! need not to be disappointed even though you can't recall.
    I think both had a lot of things going on at those times that affected their performances more than being filmed at practice.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    It's one little video, seriously. Was it wrong? Yes. But Yu-Na had far more pressure on her last year, and the fact that ATS is trying to spin this as it hurting Yu-Na at Worlds is a joke. How, exactly, will this affect her performance? It's December. Worlds is still 3 months away. If this affects her so much, dare I say, her training must not be going well at all.

There was a lot more going on with Miki in 2006 than just the media, fyi.

vCash
    I think both had a lot of things going on at those times that affected their performances more than being filmed at practice.
    Do you believe they just filmed at practice?
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    Paparazzi is a generous name for them(Nippon TV).
    They are NOT interested in getting new & hot shots of Yuna.
    They just have stalker-and-spy's mind-set.
    morbidly curious, twisted, black-hearted etc.

They must be grateful that Korean Skating Federation is incompetent enough for NTV to get away from this issue or last Olympics-judge issue.

They are adding a new type of stress(concerning hidden cams) to Yuna who already shoulders much pressure. Poor girl...

Maybe they're concerned about similar happenings during Worlds?
    Probably.
    I think that ATS is simply Warning rather than implying a possibility of withdrawal.
    Last edited by EricRohmer; 12-29-2010 at 09:34 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    It's one little video, seriously. Was it wrong? Yes. But Yu-Na had far more pressure on her last year, and the fact that ATS is trying to spin this as it hurting Yu-Na at Worlds is a joke. How, exactly, will this affect her performance? It's December. Worlds is still 3 months away. If this affects her so much, dare I say, her training must not be going well at all.

There was a lot more going on with Miki in 2006 than just the media, fyi.
    As you said it was wrong. That's all and the program is the one to be criticized.

And hurting a skater can be done with a mere trifle. Guess what's going on EWIP and team Yu-Na now. Here's what Bankisha the program did to ODA from Livejounal whether you believe it or not.
    They followed him everywhere: to his practice sessions, school, ballet training, physical training, the places he ate, his own house - even his bathroom, the family he lived with in Canada... After a few weeks Nobunari had a mental breakdown during his practice - the media wanted him to show off his new LP (he changed it just before Worlds) and jump a quad, and he was so upset he run away from his own practice. And then they followed him to the changing room to ask what was wrong, and they started to interrogate Lee Barkell (about why Oda escaped from his practice).
    They clearly knew already how to meltdown a skater. Still silly?
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy View Post

It means if Yuna can't win at Tokyo Worlds or if she can't skate well at it, she'll put all the blame for it on NTV, Japanese media and Japan?
    Or should I take it she wants to withdraw from it now?
    Here is my intepretation.
    "If these goons ever come near Kim again, we will sue the feck out of them."

vCash
    ATS may be upset that Yu-Na was filmed without permission, but really, claiming that the filming might cause her to be unable to skate at worlds is more than a little
    With someone shoving their camera into my face, I'd have hard time doing anything, let alone train for the World Championship.

vCash
    Let's wait and see if Yuna is going to show up in March. Before then what the TV show did was unacceptable.

Aunt Joyce's take on this:

A few days ago, videos emerged on youtube declaring that the Japanese NTV secretly taped Yu-Na Kim training in LA. All That Sports has issued a statement asking for an apology and says it will blame NTV if Yu-Na fails to win worlds or is unable to compete. NTV is not believed to have captured Yu-Na training either of her programs. Realistically, there isn't much the Japanese could change at this point by knowing Yu-Na's programs. Assuming her jump layout is relatively the same, they cannot add too many new combinations. Most of their skaters are likely already attempting the most difficult content they are currently capable of handling. Given how the Japanese value honor, this is another rather amusing tale of the JSF/Japanese media being shady. One can only imagine that this goes on with both the Korean and Japanese federations, as they are highly competitive in the ladies field. The paranoia and Yu-Na-mania is entertaining and should be considered downright flattering for the Olympic Champion.
    http://auntjoycesicecreamstand.blogs...d-that_28.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yunasashafan View Post
    Simply because celebrities/key figures are rarely left alone. How many fans of Yuna have snapped pictures of her when she's not aware of their presence? Granted, these have mostly been in public places, but curiosity is understandable and paparazzi have not been known to adhere to the rules and etiquette.

I agree. The filming was inappropriate and the response from ATS was right on.. until they mentioned Worlds 2011. Not sure how this incident has anything to do with that. Maybe they're concerned about similar happenings during Worlds?
    I'm just saying, Yuna is just training normally. It's not like she's trying to do triple axles to generate interest from Japanese TV show. It's sad and creepy.

vCash
    Maybe if we ask Chris Crocker really nicely he'd make a video for Yuna too?

Ant

Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast