Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by amaro View Post
    Double satandard recalling how the Japanese media collectively reacted to the Asada incident. They went nuts as if such things are unthinkable in their standard, "in a foreign country, such thing is possible" kind of attitude. Pathetic.
    But isn't this exactly how the Korean media is reacting to this incident? This is a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

vCash
    NTV's falsehood, We asked to be excused for taping from Yu-Na and no problem at all.

Rough translation.
    As the public opinion is going against them in Japan, NTV evoked another public criticism by trying to manage to escape the crisis with falsehood. NTV-concerned told in an interview with SPONICHI on Dec 29 "We taped in public places and there wasn't any particular problem. We received a protest from Team Yu-Na but explained and asked to be excused." In the article, SPONICHI described "NTV regards the problem is all cleared."

BUT it was proved to be false after HERALDM's covering this case. On Dec 29 Dong-hoi Koo, Advisor of ATS, said in a telephone interview "We didn't have any explanation from NTV and there was no understanding (NTV's position) at all. And the insist that the problem is all cleared is totally illogical."
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleBlossom View Post
    “Also, if this effects Kim’s preparation for the World Championships, or in the case Kim cannot skate at Worlds, we will hold NTV fully responsible,” said ATS.

It means if Yuna can't win at Tokyo Worlds or if she can't skate well at it, she'll put all the blame for it on NTV, Japanese media and Japan?
    Or should I take it she wants to withdraw from it now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    But isn't this exactly how the Korean media is reacting to this incident? This is a case of the pot calling the kettle black.
    After the incident the employee was fired and event organizers apologized publicly to JSF. Yoshiko Ogawa of JSF accepted the apology cuz there was no major problem in the vid taping Mao waiting her pass to be delivered in the lobby.

Then what will be NTV's reaction to call it "the pot calling the kettle black."

Wait! the employee of the hotel knocked up against her... but NTV planed, chased and aired her. The reaction must be befittingly enough.
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleBlossom View Post
    “Also, if this effects Kim’s preparation for the World Championships, or in the case Kim cannot skate at Worlds, we will hold NTV fully responsible,” said ATS.
    I really find it hard to believe that, after the media madness of last year, Yu-Na's readiness for worlds, or her ability to skate at worlds, is going to be affected by some TV cameras filming her. ATS may be upset that Yu-Na was filmed without permission, but really, claiming that the filming might cause her to be unable to skate at worlds is more than a little
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    but really, claiming that the filming might cause her to be unable to skate at worlds is more than a little
    overedge didn't you know what happened to ODA and Miki by media?
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    No, to me Korean media's reaction sounds more like "WTF? You are whole lot worse than the hotel employee." reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post
    After the incident the employee was fired and event organizers apologized publicly to JSF. Yoshiko Ogawa of JSF accepted the apology cuz there was no major problem in the vid taping Mao waiting her pass to be delivered in the lobby.

Then what will be NTV's reaction to call it "the pot calling the kettle black."

Wait! the employee of the hotel knocked up against her... but NTV planed, chased and aired her. The reaction must be befittingly enough.

NTV has no shame. The reporters were told by the American rink personel to stop filming because operating a camera inside the building is against rule, yet they kept shooting behind the boards. Now their excuse is "it was a public place"? It sounds like they don't even bother coming up with a decent excuse.
    Last edited by amaro; 12-29-2010 at 02:51 AM.

vCash
    Those stupid paparazzis!!!
    Do they have no shame at all?! Shamelessly spying on people and then blatantly lie about that?!:

"We taped in public places and there wasn't any particular problem." In the article, SPONICHI described "NTV regards the problem is all cleared."

Are they really morons?? Where Yuna was training at the moment was only open to the members! And it is EWIP's policy that no recording is allowed. That's why they had to use hidden camera and how that was not a problem! What is this TV station anyway? Are they one of those tabloids?? Or Japanese media is mostly like that?? I really hope not 'coz it's almost embarrassing.
    That's it. Team Yuna should just ban this media from all future access. After this stupid lying I don't think even public apology from them would mean anything.

vCash
    Just to clarify: EWIP (East West Ice Palace in Artesia) is not a private members only club like the Toronto Cricket Skating And Curling Club.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Just to clarify: EWIP (East West Ice Palace in Artesia) is not a private members only club like the Toronto Cricket Skating And Curling Club.
    When they taped, Yuna was at the upper floor training room doing some off-ice training and I don't think that training room is public.
    Even in the program itself it says Yuna is in the 'fitness gym for members' aka not public area. My Japanese is sufficient enough to get that much of information.
    Sure, they were at the public area themselves, but Yuna was not. Everybody knows it's wrong to tape what people are doing in their house even though they are taping it from the street. We all know that is invasion of privacy.
    There is no excuse for their conduct. Shame, shame, shame.
    And to whom the hell they explained and got understood? Clearly not from Yuna's side. Pathetic liars.
    When they asked around about Yuna's favorite restaurant and food, it was just silly. When they dug Yuna's boots information, it became obsessive and creepy. But now with this hidden camera and denying their misconduct, it is simply outrageous.
    Last edited by invierno; 12-29-2010 at 03:25 AM.

vCash
    I doubt it.

I can't believe some are tolerating this, but because this is Yuna who fired her former coach Orser (as if they know the truth) then she deserves it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by riveredge View Post
    I doubt it.

I can't believe some are tolerating this, but because this is Yuna who fired her former coach Orser (as if they know the truth) then she deserves it.
    Sure, it was a lousy thing to do, but it seems a lot of you are overreacting a bit about this whole thing. And taking it a little too personally.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ponta1 View Post
    Sure, it was a lousy thing to do, but it seems a lot of you are overreacting a bit about this whole thing. And taking it a little too personally.
    Overreacting? Why can't they just leave her alone?

Simple as that.

And besides this TV station has the history of stalking other athletes. This is not the first time and now you're saying we're taking this sh!t personally? Goodness this hate is insane.
    Last edited by riveredge; 12-29-2010 at 03:39 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy View Post

It means if Yuna can't win at Tokyo Worlds or if she can't skate well at it, she'll put all the blame for it on NTV, Japanese media and Japan?
    Or should I take it she wants to withdraw from it now?
    Relax..it won't happen.

vCash
    Some more news updated.

ATS explained "On the day the video was shot, a staff at the spot found the filming team taping Yu-Na without a prior contact and asked the name of the broadcasting company but they left without disclosing the name."
    If NTV got the prior approval as they insisted,
    • why the footage was that fuzzy?
    • why there is no interview at all?
    • why the staff of EWIP hindered them to tape in the parking lot?
    • why the filming crew hung around EWIP for a week?
    • why they were thrown out from the ice rink when shooting her practice session and ppl there witnessed that all?
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    approved or not approved?

Yuna's management says not. "that day EWIP found certain group of people with camera and asked who they were, then they ran away without answering." http://j.mp/dX8Xo0
    if approved, there'd be no problem then why they just fleed at that time?
    who would make that paparazzi-like video despite the permission?

if not approved, it is clearly NTV's fault. it doesn't matter the EWIP is public space or~ blahblah. NTV themselves said they've tried to contact Yuna many times but ATS refused to. from the beginning they also knew they needed permission but they could not get it, then they broke into Yuna's daily life. i think it's waste of time to make any excuse for jpn tv. any problem team Yuna feels interrupted? i don't think so.

vCash

vCash
    I'm sorry, but the thought of one crappy practice video derailing Yu-Na's entire training for Worlds is just too . Talk about an overreaction!

vCash
    I don't recall anything about either of them suffering at Worlds because they were filmed while practicing. And for goodness' sake, Yu-na was being filmed and photographed at every opportunity in the lead-up to the Olympics last year, and I think she managed to do just fine at that competition. To suggest, as ATS does, that being filmed a few times at practice is going to affect her preparation for worlds and her performance at worlds...is just silly IMHO.
    Last edited by overedge; 12-29-2010 at 06:16 AM.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Overedge, I think Team Yu-na has just found a scapegoat for if Yu-na doesn't show up at Worlds.

This being said, I DO think its unacceptable to tape her in this matter if the rules of the rink say no taping.

Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast