Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1025
    vCash
    I know this sport has subjectivity, but I see almost no reason in people who think Adelina actually deserved gold.

TES higher than Kim and Kostner? She did an easier 3-3 in the short. Made a non-trivial mistake in the long. Her jumps are high but have little flow-out. Her spins aren't that impressive - I don't know why some people think they are. Her camel spin variation where she lifts her leg up without turning her body around is hideous. Her footwork has all the tick boxes covered but is slow and incoherent. GOEs of +2 and +3?? Hello?

Let's not even get started on PCS. I would give Sotnikova lower PCS than Gold, Wagner, Suzuki, and Lipnitskaya but can live if some people think they should be in the same ballpark or a bit higher. But she's getting PCS as high as KIM and KOSTNER. Absolutely nothing justifies that decision.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shady82 View Post
    I know this sport has subjectivity, but I see almost no reason in people who think Adelina actually deserved gold.

TES higher than Kim and Kostner? She did an easier 3-3 in the short. Made a non-trivial mistake in the long. Her jumps are high but have little flow-out. Her spins aren't that impressive - I don't know why some people think they are. Her camel spin variation where she lifts her leg up without turning her body around is hideous. Her footwork has all the tick boxes covered but is slow and incoherent. GOEs of +2 and +3?? Hello?

Let's not even get started on PCS. I would give Sotnikova lower PCS than Gold, Wagner, Suzuki, and Lipnitskaya but can live if some people think they should be in the same ballpark or a bit higher. But she's getting PCS as high as KIM and KOSTNER. Absolutely nothing justifies that decision.
    Yuna used to get top marks for her somewhat unattractive spiral sequence. But she ticked off enough boxes under COP to score as high as Mao and Mirai, two skaters with beautiful spiral positions.

I have no doubt you can find flaws in Adelina's skating just as flaws can be found in Yuna's skating.

But it is about scoring the points. Yuna's sophistication and Caro's elegance did not trump Adelina's youthful energy and enthusiasm under this scoring system.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    Who are you talking about ? Chan can't land quads ?

he was not consistently landing quads till recently.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crs View Post
    I'm sure you and others here won't have any problem when Yuna's country do the same thing to your fave skater in 2018 lol!It won't have anything to do with South Korea's Politics right?lol!
    I'm sure you know that making assumptions makes you look like an @ss!

Seems you may be the one that is selective in your response to corruption. As for myself, wrong is wrong. Period!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BusyMom View Post
    I hope she'll be back in 2018. Together with Mao, they can finish this once and for all. That will be sweet for all skaters' fan.
    I hope so too especially since the Olympics will be in her home country, let the russians have a taste of their own medicine. Yuna will be unbeatable with a home crowd. She and Mao still have so much to give.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLucky View Post
    The reason for the podium order is as much about the COP as anything else.
    Adelina beyond any doubt won the tech portion and the new system does not place nearly as much weight on artistry as the former system.

I thought Yuna and Carolina were stunning last night but as Elvis mentioned Yuna did not have a tech arsenal that could match Adelina. The difference in their spins was obvious and since Adelina skates fast and has a much superior stretch to Caro and Yuna their PCS advantage was greatly reduced.

As to P/E it is a matter of taste. But Adelina's skating, although not as beautiful as Yuna's or Carolina's clearly ticked off enough COP bullets to keep her in the components mix.
    Which is laughable. Yet, this is the glorious IJS! The system that was to fix it all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nguyhm View Post
    I hope so too especially since the Olympics will be in her home country, let the russians have a taste of their own medicine. Yuna will be unbeatable with a home crowd. She and Mao still have so much to give.
    I think Mao has seen enough of Yuna to last her a lifetime lol!

vCash
    Yuna used to get top marks for her somewhat unattractive spiral sequence. But she ticked off enough boxes under COP to score as high as Mao and Mirai, two skaters with beautiful spiral positions.

I have no doubt you can find flaws in Adelina's skating just as flaws can be found in Yuna's skating.

But it is about scoring the points. Yuna's sophistication and Caro's elegance did not trump Adelina's youthful energy and enthusiasm under this scoring system.
    It's about scoring the points, and Adelina's 'points' don't actually reflect her skating. It's like saying that a clean Suguri or Meissner should rank ahead of a clean Kwan. Says no one ever.

You can't give Yu-na's spiral example and use that to say that they both have flaws, and therefore Adelina's win is justified.

vCash

vCash
    Yuna is a beautiful lady, great champion, and a wonderful human being.

vCash

vCash
    I loved her yellow dress in the SP. Could be her best ever.

vCash
    mad respect!!! the queen and pyeongchang!!! during the gala..a little tribute..

http://imgnews.naver.net/image/001/2...0223041809.jpg
    http://file.osen.co.kr/article/2014/...8f82ebd91f.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I loved her yellow dress in the SP. Could be her best ever.
    i still remember during in zagreb.. there was an outrage in korea about that dress.. heck even the designer's website was shutdown..

and when yuna skated flawlessly at her nationals.. her dress won over and they appreciate it more

vCash
    so singles skater's threads have no post limit? that it can go beyond 1000 posts?

vCash
    There's so much more to a spiral than the position. You also have to look at edge control and the pattern they make on the ice. That being said, Yuna's spiral was probably her weakest element. And yes, from what I remember of the 2006 Olympic, Mirai's spiral was beautiful but the pattern she made struck me as rather weak from what I remember. I probably need to watch it again as it's been years since I've seen it.

vCash
    Two days after the ladies skating event ended, the Korea Skating Union asked for an investigation into the judging that ended with Russia's Adelina Sotnikova beating South Korea's Yu-Na Kim for the Olympic gold medal.
    One person isn't fazed by it: Kim.
    When asked Saturday night about her federation's action, Kim said, "I just think the people around me are more upset than I am. A lot of people thought I was crying (on TV) because of the score, but actually, I wasn't. There was no other meaning. I was just really happy it was all over and I had a good result.
    "I don't think the letter is going to change the result, so I'm not really upset about it," Kim added.
    Kim, who had just performed in the Olympic gala along with the other medalists and top skaters in these Winter Games, reiterated that she has no plans to compete in the 2018 Olympics which will be held in South Korea.
    "I was an athlete," Kim said, adding that she plans to use her time between now and 2018 "to help as many athletes (in Korea) as much as I can."
    The one major event on her immediate docket, she said, was a show scheduled for May in Seoul.
    Kim said she had no added emotions after having just competed in her final Olympics.
    "I've been here for about a week, and I'm really happy it's the end right now," she said
    http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2014/...t-about-result

such class..

vCash
    http://img.etoday.co.kr/pto_db/2014/...5_1000_696.jpg

yuna just gave her scarf to v/t!!!

vCash
    I got to talk with Yuna during the closing ceremonies yesterday! I think it's interesting that V/T will take pictures with the other athletes but won't give any autographs to their fans...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fscric View Post
    who is gumby? Anyway, not fan of the others mentioned. Either Yuna or Carolina for gold.
    Gumby..was a super flexible character from a long long time ago. After Mao was out of contention, I wanted Yuna to win..I was disappointed for Yuna. Though I'm glad another 15year old didn't win it this time..

vCash

How awful a poster can you be?

1. Shady gave you points-based reasons why the results are not acceptable.

2. You tell him it's "all about scoring points"

3. And then you give explanations that have nothing to do with points

Are you incompetent, or what's the deal here?

Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast