Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    http://p.twimg.com/Ab2b64SCQAA83Zf.jpg:large Is she turning out her foot?!
    Yes!! I was directly in front of her when she did that spin and I may have yelped with joy for the foot alone. That was a totally unexpected surprise.

vCash
    Hahaha... i can't help but laugh at these last couple of posts... So Lowtherlore suddenly became the fashion expert even though he clearly has no idea about Stella McCartney's latest collection launch in Paris. Or the meaning of design deconstructionism or the latest organic illustration trends (inspired by botanical prints) that has permeated throughout the elite design and the fashion world.

Rumblefish continue to spew out whatever narrow minded misplaced accusations on a sport diplomat, the last person these accusations they should be directed to, which we might as well translate them as spectacularly poor taste of stupendous pile of fish dung that is utterly out of touch with reality to suit whatever propaganda his political agenda he continues to rumble on. If you do that, you might as well as accuse anyone within in any roles in diplomacy, politics, governance affiliate with any political network guilty with whatever crap one might personally feel offended by, however 6 degrees removed they may be. Face it. You are wrong plain as that. Scream, cry, insult as you continues to still doesn't make you any wiser, cleverer or prettier.

Yuna's FEVER and decisions to withdraw jumping elements continues to be part of her brave experimental way forward to challenge oneself in new artistic directions. Creativity and experimentation (including possible failings) are essential ingredients to artistic evolution, even brave short sighted grueling from arm chair critics - who never counted much for anyway in the realm of true artistic reformation.
    Last edited by os168; 10-16-2011 at 09:08 AM.

vCash
    It’s nice to learn that it shares design motives with the trends of the day. But I don’t like it, sorry. Like, isn’t it possible one could never grow fond of portrait works of Francis Bacon the painter, even though such works are well respected? I sincerely apologize though, if I unintentionally offended you with my blunt statement.

About the Fever, I admire Yu-Na’s ability to move with the music and respect her brave (and most of the times, successful) attempt at different themes. But I feel that the visual elements of the program – the choreographic moves, the costume, the ornaments, the hair – conjure up a certain stale image which I assume not everybody would find comfortable with. Another thing is, a good portion of the program is more like stage dancing than ice dancing. It doesn’t have enough skating in it, and basically it’s difficult to sell stage dancing in an ice arena, to the audience some 30-50 yards away. I liked her Don't Stop the Music or Bulletproof better, let alone Meditation de Thais. She’s a beautiful skater capable of changing the pace of her skating to the music with excellent coverage and speed, and IMO that’s where she would further find her artistic freedom, with jump or not. This is not to say she’s going a wrong direction (I liked both her Giselle and Arirang), just my opinion on her Fever.
    Last edited by lowtherlore; 10-17-2011 at 08:20 AM.

vCash

Smile Media opportunity with IOC President Jacques Rogge and Olympic champion Yuna Kim

http://www.olympic.org/media?article...0&searchpage=1
    With under 100 days to go until the first ever Winter Youth Olympic Games (YOG) in Innsbruck, Austria, we cordially invite you to an informal discussion and photo opportunity with:

IOC President Jacques Rogge,

Yuna Kim, Olympic champion figure skater
    and Winter Youth Olympic Games Ambassador

&

a new YOG ambassador to be unveiled by the IOC President.

Date and time: Wednesday 2 November, 11 a.m.

Yuna will also be participating in the Bidding for the Games conference taking place at the Museum. She will share her experiences as an athletes’ representative on the bid committee for the PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Winter Games.
    Yuna's supposed to be back to Korea in two days for the inaugural ceremony for Pyeongchang Olympics Organizing Committee. I assume that she would take a plane to Korea, stay there for a while, and then fly to Switzerland for this IOC event.

I have no idea how she can find energy for all this she's just 21-year-old girl and has all these responsibilities, schedules.. Truly inspirational that's all I'll say.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtherlore View Post
    It’s nice to learn that it shares design motives with the trends of the day. But I don’t like it, sorry. Like, isn’t it possible one could never grow fond of portrait works of Francis Bacon the painter, even though such works are well respected? I sincerely apologize though, if I unintentionally offended you with my blunt statement.
    My goodness lowtherlore, please don't worry about offending me (and I am not offended lol), everyone has different taste that is what makes the board so interesting!

People are entitled to their opinion, but the more you become more art/design conscious and culturally sensitive, the more you can identify what is good and great art and what is bad/lazy/contrived art. If some aspect of Yuna's work in the future are guilty of this, I too would comment on it Fever is distinctively not a competitive program, so it does not have to address the same conditions set out by an international competition environment.

Yuna's costume imo (i have no idea who it is by, but i wondered if it is by someone new, possibly a new US costume designer who designed Sasha's layering costumes or were at least inspired by it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNkBE...eature=related)

It is a couture design not many skaters is capable to bring it to justice unless you are well proportioned like Yuna (Or certainly the curve proportions would be shaped to entire different effect). IMHO the length of the costume, and the mesh coverage are borderline on the conservative side, but were still able to deliver the overall wow factor designed to be worn when in motion, seen in the dark with lighting effects. It is tastefully done.

Covering the core concepts of freedom, flow, sensuality with bursts/unleashing Feverish moments (red fabric underlay that is suggestive but mostly covered) that is potent, fades but still lingers, just like the music implies. I thought the designer did a great job covering difficult concepts to mesh the music, the program and performer well. The program direction is almost avant-garde in concept, so are the stylistic representation is very much up to date and current. Infact it s so up to date, it beat Stella's ready to wear collection for 2012 launch in Paris earlier this month.

http://www.stylebistro.com/runway/Pa...ey/PlneyhM8JBF

Please click on next next next to view some similarities. Though Stella's background would suggest she is certainly more influenced by English art/design/craftsman William Morris's wood block prints of the 19th century. While creativity and originality in art is priceless, but a piece of design is different. If it failed to address the occasion, does not fit artists original and authentic intentions, take consideration of socially relevant times, issues, communicate its message, fulfill its objective then it fails. You can still point to it and laugh at it, but just don't be surprised someone like me will come along and suggest that actually it is pretty good
    Last edited by os168; 10-17-2011 at 10:07 PM.

vCash
    I would say Mr. Jacques Rogge is a big fan of Yuna, and this was done on his initiative (remember his comments comparing Yuna's Olympic victory to Torvill & Dean's 1984 Olympic performance and how he shook only Yuna's hand with both hands during the bid presentation) But who can blame him? :p

vCash
    Yuna just announced today at the Seoul airport that she will skip the entire season, including worlds.

vCash
    Good decision for her, I think. Have some rest, a lot of fun, and do what you wanted to do Yu-Na!

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by amaro View Post
    Yuna just announced today at the Seoul airport that she will skip the entire season, including worlds.
    I wonder if we have seen the last of Yu-Na in competition?
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

vCash
    Not surprised. She has a lot of duties and responsibilities with the Pyeongchang bid and the Special Olympics...she won't have the time necessary to devote to training and being ready for competitions this year.

I do wonder if we've seen the last of her as far as competing goes? I mean, she doesn't have anything left to win and I can't see her putting herself through the stress and pressure unless she really wants to put herself through that.

I'm happy for her. She's a remarkable athlete and person and, whatever she decides to do, I'm very proud of her.

vCash
    If she doesn't come back, the bright side is that she keeps her clean sheet of never missing the podium in her entire career. That is pretty awesome.

vCash
    she said she will be focusing on doing philanthropic works and college..

vCash
    http://thenakedice.blogspot.com/2011...-and-more.html

Little bit about Yu-Na and Evan not returning this season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    http://thenakedice.blogspot.com/2011...-and-more.html

Little bit about Yu-Na and Evan not returning this season
    nice things you said Wow your blog's are becoming a fruit! Keep on doing the good job!

vCash
    She said she wants to lead a normal life as a 20-something university student for the time being.

"It's comforting to know that I won't have to worry about competing," Kim said with a smile. "I've got a lot of things to do during my down time. I think time will fly by. I want to live like a normal college student whenever I can."
    like what i said... good luck to her!!

vCash
    http://www.yunacollection.com/

new yuna products the official launching will be on october 28 in korea

vCash
    KwangJuYo ' YUNA Collection ' Launching Show 2011.10.28

another set of photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/queenyu...th/6287903553/

vCash
    Yuna looks gorgeous as always! Her face is truly one of her most valuable assets I love how elegant and simply beautiful Yuna collection is..

thanks riveredge! *that flickr link doesn't work for me

vCash
    Yuna's headed to Lausanne, Switzerland for the press conference with IOC president Jacque Rogge and a surprising new embassador.

Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast