Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    vCash
    at crazy trolls, looking so scared.
    Last edited by RumbleFish; 01-17-2011 at 02:32 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    This is the kind of thread that makes you hope Yu-Na doesn't win Worlds in the odd case that she actually shows up, just to see the sh*t storm the ubers will cause

And I like Yu-Na's skating
    Well, it is quiet obvious that some posters on this forum are hoping Yuna to fail. After the whole Orser drama and her crazy fans combined, it will be amusing to her critics if she fails miserably. Crab mentality.

We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post

Yes, I think so. It would be great if we saw them before Worlds.
    I hate having to wait! Well if she's well-trained, I actually think this will really work to her benefit. If she's anything artistically like her "Meditation" ex I'm expecting huge PCS and her programs will be the most anticipated and fresh of the competition. She really is the queen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    This is the kind of thread that makes you hope Yu-Na doesn't win Worlds in the odd case that she actually shows up, just to see the sh*t storm the ubers will cause

And I like Yu-Na's skating
    Aren't you the genius oracle that predicted Yuna's retirement post Vancouver gold? We all know how that turned out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    Aren't you the genius oracle that predicted Yuna's retirement post Vancouver gold? We all know how that turned out.

Well, she's yet to compete.

Anyway, I see quite a few trolls here and none of them are me.

vCash
    Some videos from Korean nationals. Young skaters from Korea competed, Min Jung qualified for the World Championship with Yuna.

LP

Min Jung http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbunOINd4gc

Hae Jin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndww0gGrRQ0

So Yeon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_7OhglVxJQ

Junior champ KYUNG-AH JO http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipView....B2%BD%EC%95%84

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by riveredge View Post
    Some videos from Korean nationals. Young skaters from Korea competed, Min Jung qualified for the World Championship with Yuna.

LP

Min Jung http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbunOINd4gc

Hae Jin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndww0gGrRQ0

So Yeon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_7OhglVxJQ

Junior champ KYUNG-AH JO http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipView....B2%BD%EC%95%84
    So who won the Korean National? Yuna again without competing?

vCash
    So who won the Korean National? Yuna again without competing?
    Hae-Jin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    Hae-Jin
    Ok, so Hae-Jin won.. but is she the national champion or?

vCash
    Yes, another country where the National Champion gets absolutely nothing to show for their win. See also: Switzerland.

When the 5th place finisher takes 30th place at Junior Worlds, it will be too late to reverse the decision, but oh well.

vCash
    Ok, so Hae-Jin won.. but is she the national champion or?
    She is (but can't compete at Worlds because she's too young so they're sending Minjung Kwak who took third (second place is also too young for Worlds). But there's a pretty big difference between the scores Yu-na (when she's on) can get and Minjung at her best, plus Yu-na is more secure technically than MJ so it makes sense to send Yu-na as well. Plus, MJ has yet to medal on an international level yet.

vCash
    Thanks for the video links, riveredge -- I've reposted them in the Korean Nationals thread in the Kiss and Cry forum.

ISU Communication No. 1626 Nationals Results 2009/10 (page 32) lists the Senior Ladies top 5 for the REPUBLIC OF KOREA (as submitted by the federation) as follows:
    1. Yu-Na Kim (without competing at Nationals)
    2. Min Jeong Kwak
    3. Hae Jin Kim
    4. So Youn Park
    5. Yea Ji Yoon

So I would expect Yu-Na to be named the official National champion again for 2010-11.

ETA: Can someone remind me the last year Yu-Na competed at Nationals in Senior?
    Last edited by Sylvia; 01-17-2011 at 11:49 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilith11 View Post
    She is (but can't compete at Worlds because she's too young so they're sending Minjung Kwak who took third (second place is also too young for Worlds). But there's a pretty big difference between the scores Yu-na (when she's on) can get and Minjung at her best, plus Yu-na is more secure technically than MJ so it makes sense to send Yu-na as well. Plus, MJ has yet to medal on an international level yet.
    Min-Jung won a bronze medal at the JGP Mexico in 2008, just FYI. So she has medaled at an international event, just not a senior level one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    Yes, another country where the National Champion gets absolutely nothing to show for their win. See also: Switzerland.

When the 5th place finisher takes 30th place at Junior Worlds, it will be too late to reverse the decision, but oh well.
    To be fair, Hae Jin is only 13 years old. She's NOT eligible to compete at senior level.

They need to maintain the 2 spots for the Worlds. Hopefully they can get 1 more spot depending on the result.
    Last edited by riveredge; 01-18-2011 at 01:20 AM.

vCash
    Can't believe she is still 13 years old!?
    I love her arms...so expressive. I think beautiful arm movements are characteristic of Korean skaters.
    Last edited by work suspended; 01-18-2011 at 02:53 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    ETA: Can someone remind me the last year Yu-Na competed at Nationals in Senior?
    It was 2006.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Korean_Figure_Skating_Championships
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    I like her catchfoot spin. She has a pretty position and can accelerate while performing it. It's one of the better ones I've seen.

It's interesting how she yanked out a 3 jump combo even after coming to a standstill after 3S. She really showed champion calliber guts.
    Last edited by RumbleFish; 01-18-2011 at 06:18 AM.

vCash
    Bumping this old thread up and hoping to keep it focused on actual recent news from Korea. (Note: The separate thread here in the Trash Can titled "Yu Na Kim sues former agent for failure to pay endorsement fees" technically is old news.)

This March 20 article is the most detailed article in English on Yu-Na Kim's return to Korea that I've seen online to date: http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/cult...03200315F.HTML
    Excerpts:
    Kim, 20, has scheduled an ice show for May 6-8 in Seoul and is also set to join the 2018 Winter Olympics bidding committee for PyeongChang, a South Korean alpine town, in her capacity as an honorary ambassador.

"For now, I will concentrate a little more on being the honorary ambassador for PyeongChang's Winter Olympics bid," Kim said.

PyeongChang is scheduled to give presentations on the international stage through April and May, including the official bid city briefing at the International Olympic Committee (IOC) headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland, on May 18-19.
    Kim refused to look ahead past her immediate future, since the ISU hasn't decided the fate of the world championships. But she did say rescheduling of the championships will be difficult for herself and other competitors.

"All the other skaters have been building up for the March event," Kim said. "And when we're thrown off our schedule even a bit, it's a huge psychological blow. It can take the air out of our preparation and it can be difficult to maintain the same intensity in training. Whether it's May or October, it will be difficult to be perfectly prepared."
    I also found this Korean media video (4:30 mins long) over at Golden Skate of Yu-Na skating an open practice in Korea with no jumps (looks like she did bits of her "Giselle" SP choreo): http://etv.donga.com/view.php?idxno=201103220042314

Cross-posted from a GSD thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post
    Hope it works! [Yu-Na] Interview and open practice.

http://sports.media.daum.net/general...12388&p=yonhap
    Last edited by Sylvia; 03-22-2011 at 02:01 PM.

vCash
    Here are some English article links related to her involvement in the 2018 Winter Olympics bid.

Korea Times article: Kim Yu-na makes pitch for PyeongChang's bid (includes photo)
    Olympic figure skating champion Kim Yu-na has begun to focus on promoting PyeongChang’s 2018 Winter Games bid.

The honorary ambassador of the bid committee gave a welcoming speech at Tuesday’s opening of the annual meeting of international sports journalists in Seoul.

Kim was not originally planned as a speaker for the 74th International Sports Press Association (AIPS) Congress which kicked off at COEX Convention and Exhibition Center, Tuesday.
    Insidethe Games.biz article: Kim Yu-Na to make first public appearance for Pyeongchang 2018

GamesBids.com article: 2018 Winter Bid Cities At AIPS
    Last edited by Sylvia; 03-22-2011 at 02:09 PM.

vCash
    omg yuna's giselle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that step sequence(right?!) is crazy!!!!!!!!!

c'mon~~~~~~~~~~~ worlds~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
    c'mom~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ WORLDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just replaying the clip over and over again and it's so fantastic!
    ANOTHER SET of GREAT PROGRAMS(I've never seen her fs, but ppl say it's great, even better than her olympic free program!) from Yuna and Wilson.
    Last edited by l'etoile; 03-22-2011 at 03:14 PM.

Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast