Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post
    OK I'll make it clear.

No! it was Joannie Rochette who teared up *from a coughing fit* after fighting off two Japanese film crews and from long long interviews including an interview in a hot, closet-sized space even though there was still a competition to skate that weekend.
    Oh, please, this is not clear at all. You're only trying to "make it clear" in a way that suits your own agenda.

The article doesn't say that the coughing fit was caused by her fighting off the Japanese film crews. The article does say that the coughing and tears took place in the small, hot interview space, which, judging by the sequence of events described, took place some time *after* she refused the Japanese interviews. And somehow I doubt it was only Japanese film crews who were forcing her to sit through long long interviews - in fact, the article says "various TV outlets". In case you haven't noticed, there are film crews from many countries at most international skating events, and most of them (not just the Japanese) are fairly aggressive because they need to get footage for their broadcasts.

You may believe that Japanese TV crews have a long and nasty history of harassing skaters to the point where the skaters can't perform, and that may be the case, but this particular example does nothing to prove that point.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Always a source of amusement, isn't it?

Yu-na will be fine. Sheesh.
    Drama = entertainment.

Advance happy new year to all!

vCash
    Is it possible to just think YuNa is a really good skater while believing she has flaws like every other skater and isn't a saint and can be both just as breathtaking and annoying as most other great skaters? Or am I just a heretic?

Mother of God, Tara, Michelle, PLEASE come back. Suddenly your ubers seem like the height of rational sanity in a great skating rivalry.

To borrow from Cathy Guisewite - AAACKKK!!!!!
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazmeen View Post
    Is it possible to just think YuNa is a really good skater while believing she has flaws like every other skater and isn't a saint and can be both just as breathtaking and annoying as most other great skaters? Or am I just a heretic?
    Nope, I would say you're right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Diyoris View Post
    Yu-Na's victory is part of 2010 history for Google :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0QXB5pw2qE
    (sorry if it has already been posted)
    Awesome! Thanks for the link.

vCash

Mother of God, Tara, Michelle, PLEASE come back. Suddenly your ubers seem like the height of rational sanity in a great skating rivalry.

Absolutely Right! No one CAN deny it.
    I've never seen a sportperson without a flaw including Yu-Na. And I also is a person with flaws and faults.

BTW, do we have to neglect the series of what NTV did?
    • Taping a judge during counting each skater in Vancuover.
    • Taping without a prior contact and broadcasting without a permission from a skater.

If the reaction to the illegality(or tacit agreement in the figure skating world) is a so-called silly thing then what would be the next step from the TV program. The program OUTWARDLY apologized several times but they kept doing what TV station shouldn't do again and again. This time it insists "We thought we made an explanation and camp Yu-Na understood."

No apology but falsehood yet.
    This too will pass away.

vCash

You may be at risk to be burned at the stake. Kidding.

I wrote earlier but gosh this thread has somewhat disintegrated for the most part...
    Last edited by burntBREAD; 12-30-2010 at 05:04 AM.

vCash
    It seems like only one person in particular is outraged at the taping (hint: it's not Yu-Na).

Besides, this incident is not the sleaziest thing with the media and skaters' privacy. Remember when reporters offered money to Lily Lee (coincidentally another Korean skater) to wear a bug to pick up any conversations between Tonya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan back in 1994? (She flatly turned them down, FWIW)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CantALoop View Post
    It seems like only one person in particular is outraged at the taping (hint: it's not Yu-Na).

Besides, this incident is not the sleaziest thing with the media and skaters' privacy. Remember when reporters offered money to Lily Lee (coincidentally another Korean skater) to wear a bug to pick up any conversations between Tonya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan back in 1994? (She flatly turned them down, FWIW)
    Really?! Haha , any links to articles about that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CantALoop View Post
    It seems like only one person in particular is outraged at the taping .
    Only one person wrote it doesn't mean Only one person is outraged at the taping.

and Lily Lee was a Korean-American figure skater and holds dual citizenship.
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Diyoris View Post
    Yu-Na's victory is part of 2010 history for Google :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0QXB5pw2qE
    (sorry if it has already been posted)
    Thanks for the link. This is a cool sutff.
    Such a contrast to hidden camera stunt pulled by scumbs at Nippon TV.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    I think it was during the US broadcast of Lily's technical program that they mentioned the bug incident. It's kind of funny how the whole coincidence of her being on the same practice session was the reason why she even made the broadcast.

Only one person wrote it doesn't mean Only one person is outraged at the taping.

and Lily Lee was a Korean-American figure skater and holds dual citizenship.
    It's funny how you always want to get the last word in, even if it's semantic nonsense.

vCash
    O.M.G Yuna just updated her Twitter........................................

And she's NOT talking about this recent drama drama......................................

vCash
    Absolutely Right! No one CAN deny it.
    I've never seen a sportperson without a flaw including Yu-Na. And I also is a person with flaws and faults.

BTW, do we have to neglect the series of what NTV did?
    • Taping a judge during counting each skater in Vancuover.
    • Taping without a prior contact and broadcasting without a permission from a skater.

If the reaction to the illegality(or tacit agreement in the figure skating world) is a so-called silly thing then what would be the next step from the TV program. The program OUTWARDLY apologized several times but they kept doing what TV station shouldn't do again and again. This time it insists "We thought we made an explanation and camp Yu-Na understood."

No apology but falsehood yet.
    I have recently learnt about secrete filming over the judges' marking at Vancouver Olympic.
    Was it the same crazied station??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5v2o...eature=related

That must be the breach of ISU rule...Why ISU is silence about this major issue, let this be neglected and forgotten?
    So this nasty, obsessive japanese media called Nihon TV can swagger like outlaws, untouchables among already etiquette-less skating world.

Since ISU controlled by much of sponcer's money power...what do I expect from them? silly me

Only shame is their share.
    Last edited by ces1128; 12-30-2010 at 07:48 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ces1128 View Post
    I have recently learnt about secrete filming over the judges' marking at Vancouver Olympic.
    Was it the same crazied station??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5v2o...eature=related

That must be the breach of ISU rule...Why ISU is silence about this major issue, let this be neglected and forgotten?
    So this nasty, obsessive japanese media called Nihon TV can swagger like outlaws, untouchables among already discipline-less skating world.

Since ISU controlled by much of sponcer's money power...what do I expect from them? silly me

Only shame is their share.
    What does this video "prove?" NOTHING!! And ESPECIALLY at the Vancouver Olympics where Yu-Na won by a landslide! Please stop this ridiculousness.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    Yep, they really asked Lilly Lee to wear a hidden microphone, I remember reading about it. I wonder how Lilly Lee is doing these days? I think she was an american who decided to skate for Korea? Also I remember she only had double jumps?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    What does this video "prove?" NOTHING!! And ESPECIALLY at the Vancouver Olympics where Yu-Na won by a landslide! Please stop this ridiculousness.
    Whoever won the Olympic, it does not matter.
    It matters...What they did at Olympic??

I think you already know....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by riveredge View Post
    O.M.G Yuna just updated her Twitter........................................

And she's NOT talking about this recent drama drama......................................
    Really? Thanks! Then I'll stop talking about it.

My wish for 2011: no child will die of hunger. @UNICEF. Get involved: http://bit.ly/drl2ep
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    hmm... criticism based on the result...
    What if yuna won by a few points? (like lysacek)
    Last edited by EricRohmer; 12-30-2010 at 11:33 AM.

vCash
    Though not news..^^;
    yuna's flying jump videos that I discovered through a fan site today. wow

2008 COC warm-up 3F(+3T) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Oyt42sesyQ
    2009 Worlds LP 3F+3T : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL1hWDfy3Mg
    2009 SA warm-up 3Lz+3T : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA5baN9NWXc
    Last edited by EricRohmer; 12-31-2010 at 02:16 AM.

Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast