Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1025
  1. #981
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    310
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    The overscoring of both Russian ladies throughout the competition was ridiculous. What irks me more is those saying that Yuna was careful or skated not to lose. Frankly, I didn't see it, and I think programs that are a little more intricate and less obviously triumphant always get tagged with this. I agree that Adelina had that aggressiveness that crowds often like at an Olympics, and Yuna's tango does not have that uplifting ending (not that this crowd would have cheered it anyway). Adelina had a wonderful skate, no doubt one of her best ever, but the GOEs and PCS were so inflated that I can't even bring myself to argue.

    That being said, Yuna was wonderful, and gracious in defeat. I wish her all the best. I think her fans can take a lot of comfort in her performance and what a classy lady she is.

  2. #982
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    73
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I watched Yuna's SP 4th time (my DVR did not record the FS) and still in disbelief that such a magnificent program was treated as equal to Adelina's. I personally think "Send in the Clowns" is the best SP ever produced in Olympics, and it's also better than Yuna's famed SP program of 2009 "Danse Macabre." I do not accept the legitimacy of this Olympic's judging.

  3. #983
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Olympik Voids!
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,005
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I am so impressed with how Yuna has handled this madness. What a lady. She's above it, it's almost as if she thinks this outcry is funny and it's making her silver probably look a whole lot prettier.

  4. #984
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,943
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Congratulations to Yuna!! she was really amazing!!!

  5. #985
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In little Yuna's Corner
    Posts
    782
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    At least they have short track speed skating... ooops, they didn't do well this year.
    don't worry there's still 2018.. and most of their short track skaters are very young..

    besides you never know.. yuna might comeback..

  6. #986
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    14
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by riveredge View Post
    don't worry there's still 2018.. and most of their short track skaters are very young..

    besides you never know.. yuna might comeback..
    I hope she'll be back in 2018. Together with Mao, they can finish this once and for all. That will be sweet for all skaters' fan.

  7. #987
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Phila., PA
    Posts
    3,724
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpenko View Post
    I am so impressed with how Yuna has handled this madness. What a lady. She's above it, it's almost as if she thinks this outcry is funny and it's making her silver probably look a whole lot prettier.
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    Congratulations to Yuna!! she was really amazing!!!

  8. #988
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In little Yuna's Corner
    Posts
    782
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    looking back at her career..

    it's unbelievable really that yuna came from a country without any figure skating background and literally carried her country every time she skates.. and managed to be successful at it..even how the politics behind close door.. and the whole subjectivity of it.. if there's any miracle on ice.. that will be her..

  9. #989
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,890
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Not since Henie has any lady been able to turn medals into fame and fortune so successfully. Like with Kerrigan and Kwan, both of whom were visible and quoted this year, living well will be the best revenge. Baiul is still tabloid feuding with those who made her, and what's up with Hughes? Is she in a witness protection program or something? Kim will have a very good next 4 years.

  10. #990
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    773
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Well I mean she's a bigger star in South Korea than any skater has been in their home countries. And she won the Olympic gold already. This was just a cherry on top

  11. #991
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,709
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I saw Yuna crying last night on NBC.. that broke my heart..
    Last edited by ks777; 02-21-2014 at 05:44 PM.

  12. #992
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    793
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by usethis2 View Post
    I watched Yuna's SP 4th time (my DVR did not record the FS) and still in disbelief that such a magnificent program was treated as equal to Adelina's. I personally think "Send in the Clowns" is the best SP ever produced in Olympics, and it's also better than Yuna's famed SP program of 2009 "Danse Macabre." I do not accept the legitimacy of this Olympic's judging.
    Most don't! From Dick Button to Jamie Sale, they know and have expressed that these results are a farce.

    Yuna and Carolina can leave knowing they did themselves and their countries proud. And the only reason for the color of their medals are Russian politics.

  13. #993
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,531
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabooke View Post
    Most don't! From Dick Button to Jamie Sale, they know and have expressed that these results are a farce.

    Yuna and Carolina can leave knowing they did themselves and their countries proud. And the only reason for the color of their medals are Russian politics.
    I'm sure you and others here won't have any problem when Yuna's country do the same thing to your fave skater in 2018 lol!It won't have anything to do with South Korea's Politics right?lol!

  14. #994
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    639
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabooke View Post

    Yuna and Carolina can leave knowing they did themselves and their countries proud. And the only reason for the color of their medals are Russian politics.
    The reason for the podium order is as much about the COP as anything else.
    Adelina beyond any doubt won the tech portion and the new system does not place nearly as much weight on artistry as the former system.

    I thought Yuna and Carolina were stunning last night but as Elvis mentioned Yuna did not have a tech arsenal that could match Adelina. The difference in their spins was obvious and since Adelina skates fast and has a much superior stretch to Caro and Yuna their PCS advantage was greatly reduced.

    As to P/E it is a matter of taste. But Adelina's skating, although not as beautiful as Yuna's or Carolina's clearly ticked off enough COP bullets to keep her in the components mix.

  15. #995
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,890
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by crs View Post
    I'm sure you and others here won't have any problem when Yuna's country do the same thing to your fave skater in 2018 lol!It won't have anything to do with South Korea's Politics right?lol!
    Wtf are you taking about? Regardless of judge fixes, Russia has been producing oly podium caliber skaters in all 4 disciplines since at least 1984. All the judging fixes in the world aren't going to magically produce s. Korean men, ice dancers and pairs that don't even exist. Were there even any s. Korean skaters in Sochi that weren't ladies singles? And speaking of ladies, really... From 16th and 21st to the podium? That's gonna take serious home court advantage. You know, like how shiz won gold in Nagano.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLucky View Post
    The reason for the podium order is as much about the COP as anything else.
    this is the truest/sanest thing Ive read about this event yet. ITA!

  16. #996
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    22
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLucky View Post
    The reason for the podium order is as much about the COP as anything else.
    Adelina beyond any doubt won the tech portion and the new system does not place nearly as much weight on artistry as the former system.

    I thought Yuna and Carolina were stunning last night but as Elvis mentioned Yuna did not have a tech arsenal that could match Adelina. The difference in their spins was obvious and since Adelina skates fast and has a much superior stretch to Caro and Yuna their PCS advantage was greatly reduced.

    As to P/E it is a matter of taste. But Adelina's skating, although not as beautiful as Yuna's or Carolina's clearly ticked off enough COP bullets to keep her in the components mix.
    Adelina's TES shouldn't be that far ahead. 3Lz-3T should get flutz call and under-rotation. She has almost never fully rotated 3t after 3lz. Her other jumps have never received so many GOEs either. Without the GOE inflation, she shouldn't be ahead Yuna by 5 points in TES.

  17. #997
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    639
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by berthesghost View Post
    :this is the truest/sanest thing Ive read about this event yet. ITA!
    So you know I am OK with Adelina winning Gold because she is one of my favorites (which should have nothing to do with scoring).

    If my old 6.0 eyes were judging last night I don't know if I would have placed Yuna first or Carolina first. But I would have placed Adelina third.
    But I am talking about 6.0 scoring.

    The COP was shown to be nothing more than a farce - and as Frank Carroll has said - it will be easier to manipulate scores under the IJS than it ever was under 6.0.

    I feel bad for Patrick Chan - and wonder if the COP did not hold him up at two consecutive Worlds if he would have come to Sochi much hungrier.

    So after awarding him for years for sloppy skates - in Sochi they told him "NO" - you don't win because you made mistakes. Heck, Yuzu also made mistakes.

    Thought I would sneak this in since the COP worshippers seem to be on a break at the moment.

  18. #998
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    639
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by McIce View Post
    Adelina's TES shouldn't be that far ahead. 3Lz-3T should get flutz call and under-rotation. She has almost never fully rotated 3t after 3lz. Her other jumps have never received so many GOEs either. Without the GOE inflation, she shouldn't be ahead Yuna by 5 points in TES.
    I disagree and thought Adelina's jumps were spectacular last night. Her spins were easily the best. I think Adelina won the TES last night.

  19. #999
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,531
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLucky View Post
    So you know I am OK with Adelina winning Gold because she is one of my favorites (which should have nothing to do with scoring).

    If my old 6.0 eyes were judging last night I don't know if I would have placed Yuna first or Carolina first. But I would have placed Adelina third.
    But I am talking about 6.0 scoring.

    The COP was shown to be nothing more than a farce - and as Frank Carroll has said - it will be easier to manipulate scores under the IJS than it ever was under 6.0.

    I feel bad for Patrick Chan - and wonder if the COP did not hold him up at two consecutive Worlds if he would have come to Sochi much hungrier.

    So after awarding him for years for sloppy skates - in Sochi they told him "NO" - you don't win because you made mistakes. Heck, Yuzu also made mistakes.

    Thought I would sneak this in since the COP worshippers seem to be on a break at the moment.

    What country decided to make this sytem better for their skaters to succeed because they couldn't
    land quads to save their lives in comps? No wonder chan thought he could win an oly gold medal with falls lo! Isn't that how he won those world titles?

  20. #1000
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    12,333
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by crs View Post
    What country decided to make this sytem better for their skaters to succeed because they couldn't
    land quads to save their lives in comps? No wonder chan thought he could win an oly gold medal with falls lo! Isn't that how he won those world titles?
    Who are you talking about ? Chan can't land quads ?

Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •