Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Yuna Kim Press Interview After 2013 World Figure Skating Championships

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwoKjub2wsE

congrats again yuna!!!!

vCash
    Let me start by saying that I am a big Yuna fan and still have her Olympic short and long programs on my DVR which I watch at least several times per year. I was really glad to see that she fixed that foot on her layback. Her performance was techically brilliant, but I sensed that she was emotionally disconnected during her programs this go-around. I hope that she finds some renewed passion in time for the Olympics in Sochi

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk9tingfan View Post
    Let me start by saying that I am a big Yuna fan and still have her Olympic short and long programs on my DVR which I watch at least several times per year. I was really glad to see that she fixed that foot on her layback. Her performance was techically brilliant, but I sensed that she was emotionally disconnected during her programs this go-around. I hope that she finds some renewed passion in time for the Olympics in Sochi
    Let me start by saying that, as a Yu-Na uber, I’m glad to hear that you’re a Yu-Na fan. Please bring up something new. This is so stale.

I recommend you open up your eyes in appreciating artistic/athletic performances. In my view, Yu-Na emotes very aptly, just in a right amount, depending on the spirit of each program. Renewed passion? How could one ask for more, after that magnificent performance just a week ago?

M. Jordan came back to the same excellence after a brief stint with baseball, and nobody complained about his lack of “passion” even though he wasn’t jumping up and down the court with joy, and kissing on the floor after his buzzer-beater.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtherlore View Post
    I recommend you open up your eyes in appreciating artistic/athletic performances. In my view, Yu-Na emotes very aptly, just in a right amount, depending on the spirit of each program.
    Others may have different views - no big deal. Kim is a most deserving World champion this year based on her technical excellence alone.

Wall Street Journal's Korea Real Time blog: http://blogs.wsj.com/korearealtime/2...gn-on-the-ice/

When is the next "All That Skate" show scheduled for in Korea, anyone know?
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    The exact dates have not yet been announced. I don't remember how much earlier the dates were announced for the previous shows, but I have a feeling that they should have been announced by now if they were planning 'All That Skate Spring' in the beginning of May as it was before. On the other hand, it could just be that Yuna herself has not had time to think about the show what with the Worlds and all the other responsibilities that she has.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk9tingfan View Post
    I was really glad to see that she fixed that foot on her layback.
    but does anyone know why she ditched her Biellmann?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazactaz View Post
    I think she has lost it. The catchfoot position was also barely held. I think because she hasn't regularly stretched or practised the position in so long that she lost some flexibility and could no longer get into it [without hurting].

I mean if she could still do it [with hurting] there's no reason to ditch it - her layback is currently level 3 only.

Either that, or because she felt totally confident that she would blow the field away as long as she nailed everything else that she didn't want to work hard to reclaim that position. And man was she spot on with the strategy.

vCash
    lowtherlore. shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazactaz View Post
    one of her interviews after Worlds she mentioned that she has a back problem and it is still painful...

Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    The exact dates have not yet been announced. I don't remember how much earlier the dates were announced for the previous shows, but I have a feeling that they should have been announced by now if they were planning 'All That Skate Spring' in the beginning of May as it was before. On the other hand, it could just be that Yuna herself has not had time to think about the show what with the Worlds and all the other responsibilities that she has.
    i read somewhere that All That Skate will be held in June.

vCash
    And congrats to Yuna for collecting 2 full sets of World medals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    June, 2013 according to Kurt Brwoning.
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post
    I wish I will be there to see my girl

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtherlore View Post
    The whole, offensive yet joyful post.
    Let me start by saying that, as a Yu-Na uber, I’m glad to hear that you’re a Yu-Na uber. Please bring up something new. This thing of yours, being overly passive-aggressive with anything critical about Yuna, is gettin' old.

Not everything is black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by ehdtkqorl123 View Post
    I wish I will be there to see my girl
    Since when is Yuna your girl?

vCash
    Kurt in Yuna's shows!

vCash
    Thank you for the information. I wonder if there will be two 'All That Skate' shows (of course, technically it's not two, but I you know what I mean) this year also, or if it will be just this one, as Yuna will now undoubtedly have a much more intense training regime before the next season.

I agree with l'etoile - it's great that they invited Kurt Browning again. They absolutely had to do it before he retires from skating in shows. Now I will have to try to guess what will be the other skaters. Pairs and ice dancers are the most difficult. Not in the sense that they are difficult to guess (more like the opposite), but that there are not many to choose from. Volosozhar/Trankov undoubtedly now that they're World champions, but what about the second pair if there will be one? Their main rivals Savchenko/Szolkowy again? It would make the cast too similar to what 'Art on Ice' always has. It seems that Sale/Pelletier won't be skating that soon if they will return to skating at all. As for ice dancers, I really hope that they can invite Virtue/Moir - otherwise, it's very likely that there will be no ice dancers at all (again). As for other male single skaters, Stephane Lambiel, and most likely also Patrick Chan, are a lock. And they could invite Kulik again - and Gordeeva also. They seem to be in good shape. Or Javier Fernandez as the new European champion - as per tradition. Shizuka Arakawa could be one of the female skaters - the last time when she was invited to Yuna's show it was called 'Festa on Ice' (too long ago if you ask me). And Ashley Wagner as the new USA champion - again, as per tradition. I guess Max Aaron is not that suitable for the role of a show star yet .
    Last edited by lauravvv; 03-25-2013 at 06:38 PM.

vCash
    ^IIRC, Yuna said that for the better preparation for the Olympic season, All That Skate is held just once in June this year.

I'm putting my money on V/M, Lambiel, and Chan already being cast, and if both S/S and V/T could make it, it'd be just like last year's Yuna shows!

Wouldn't SOI schedule prevent Ashley from going to Korea in June, though? I'd love her to go there. Ashley herself recently confessed that skating in Yuna's shows in LA was a huge confidence boost that it helped her skating. Maybe Carolina could get an invitation if no other NA ladies have been cast. Kulik/Gordeeva sound beyond awesome. They did skate in Yuna's shows a couple of times so why not this year? Yagudin also had a total blast last summer and it would be amazing to see him there again. I think Irina should skate there again, too. Yuna's shows have always starred at least one or two unexpected skating stars. I wonder how it'll be like this year's shows.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    ^IIRC, Yuna said that for the better preparation for the Olympic season, All That Skate is held just once in June this year.
    Thanks - I suspected that. A bit of a pity, but perfectly understandable.

Wouldn't SOI schedule prevent Ashley from going to Korea in June, though?
    To tell the truth, I didn't think about that - probably you are right.

vCash
    Since when is Yuna your girl?
    Shhhhhhh

vCash

I'm putting my money on V/M, Lambiel, and Chan already being cast, and if both S/S and V/T could make it, it'd be just like last year's Yuna shows!

Wouldn't SOI schedule prevent Ashley from going to Korea in June, though? I'd love her to go there. Ashley herself recently confessed that skating in Yuna's shows in LA was a huge confidence boost that it helped her skating. Maybe Carolina could get an invitation if no other NA ladies have been cast. Kulik/Gordeeva sound beyond awesome. They did skate in Yuna's shows a couple of times so why not this year? Yagudin also had a total blast last summer and it would be amazing to see him there again. I think Irina should skate there again, too. Yuna's shows have always starred at least one or two unexpected skating stars. I wonder how it'll be like this year's shows.
    I hope Emmanuel Sandhu will be invited... You know, there are a lot of Sandhu fans in Korea.. lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ehdtkqorl123 View Post
    I hope Emmanuel Sandhu will be invited... You know, there are a lot of Sandhu fans in Korea.. lol

You are kidding, right??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny81 View Post
    You are kidding, right??
    Well, let me fix what I said. "There are a lot of Sandhu fans among Korean figure skating fans".

Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast