Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post
    According to the ATS today, Hiroyuki Ozaki, a producer of Bankisha(真相報道バンキシャ), issued a written apology to ATS.
    (Source from a Korean article)

It was known that the written apology contained...
    These people released a public statement a week ago that their hidden camera stunt didn't have any problem since it was taken in a public space, and that they had approval from Yuna's side. Now, they quietly send a private letter admitting their wrong doings.

What they are doing is trying to plead to ATS that they take no further action while keep misleading the public that they did nothing wrong.

It's obvious that these people haven't learned their lesson. If I were ATS, I'd keep demanding that Nippon TV release a formal public statement of apology, not only for hidden camera, but also for lying blatantly in releasing their original press release.
    Last edited by RumbleFish; 01-07-2011 at 05:13 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    If I were ATS, I'd keep demanding that Nippon TV release a formal public statement of apology, not only for hidden camera, but also for lying blatantly in releasing their original press release.
    Um, hopefully without igniting the Yuna vs. Orser wars yet again, I'll just quietly point out that ATS is hardly in a position to be criticizing anyone else for issuing inaccurate press releases.
    Last edited by overedge; 01-07-2011 at 06:35 AM.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Um, hopefully without igniting the Yuna vs. Orser wars yet again, I'll just quietly point out that ATV is hardly in a position to be criticizing anyone else for issuing inaccurate press releases.
    Inaccurate.
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    Um, hopefully without igniting the Yuna vs. Orser wars yet again, I'll just quietly point out that ATV is hardly in a position to be criticizing anyone else for issuing inaccurate press releases.
    OMG, I can see you know all about being accurate.

vCash
    Corrected, albeit with no thanks to how you chose to point it out.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Oooooooo!! Yu-Na Kim, a famous figure skater, was filmed without permission!!

Close the schools!! Send out the troops!! OMG, why live?????????

Blah, blah blah blah, blah blah...

vCash
    http://news.xinhuanet.com/english201...c_13680330.htm

Let them be learned hard lesson after the world news reported their improper behaviour.

Even japanese yahoo netizen picked this as a representative example of ethics violations

http://dailynews.yahoo.co.jp/fc/dome...asting_ethics/

News from USSA

3 January 2011

Kim YuNa

All That Sports (AT Sports) Agency

Seoul Kangnam Ku Samsung Eastern 143-3

3rd Building, 6th Floor

Telephone: 02 553 2070 2625

Fax: 02 553 2069 2624

Email: admin@atsports.co.kr

Email: atsports2@hanmail.net

Ms. Yu-Na:

I am writing on behalf of the Board of Trustees of the United States Sports Academy, the Academy’s Awards of Sport Committee, the Academy, and the Academy’s associates, USA Today and NBC Sports, to congratulate you on being selected as the 2010 Female Athlete of the Year.

Kim, you were spectacular in winning your gold medal for figure skating during the Vancouver Winter Olympiad where you scored an unprecedented 200 points in the process.

Your performance was reflected in the worldwide vote that you received. Never in the history of the Academy’s voting has any one athlete, male or female, dominated the voting as you did. There was never a question from the first day to the end of the balloting that you would dominate the ballot, and you did exactly that.

With this communication, I would like to start the process on where and when we might be able to present you with the “Order of the Eagle Exemplar with Rosette.” The Academy has had a longstanding relationship with South Korea.

There are a good number of great sport leaders in Korea, and all have been past recipients of the Academy’s

Awards program, starting with my good friend Chong-Ha Kim, the President of the Korean Olympic Committee during the Seoul Olympiad in 1988. Again, there are a good number of others that can represent the Academy in Korea, should that be convenient.

I might mention that at one time we had a dean or chairman at virtually every college and/or university of Korea who were doctoral graduates of the Academy, including the National University of Sport and Physical Education and Olympic Park. Most of them are now retired, but I believe that Dr. Susan Kim is still a senior member of that faculty.

I understand that you do train outside of the country, including the U.S., and we do have representatives of the Academy throughout the world, as we have many sport education programs worldwide that help us with the medal presentations.

Again, I do offer my personal congratulations on being selected as the 2010 Female Athlete of the Year. No one has ever deserved that medal more than you.

Thank you.

Cordially,

Dr. Thomas P. Rosandich

President and CEO

United States Sports Academy

Attachment: Press Release on Kim Yu-Na

Academy’s Awards of Sport Program

CC: USSA Board of Trustees

USSA President’s Cabinet

USSA Board of Visitors

USSA Art Committee

http://rockyoon.tistory.com/461

According to him, the Award Ceremony will be held on Friday, January 7, at 3:15-4:00 p.m. local time, at the USSA's headquarter which is located Daphne, Alabama. I am not sure Yuna can make time for the award ceremony.

I'd like to see Yuna in georgeous dress once more....let's wait and see.
    Last edited by ces1128; 01-07-2011 at 05:47 PM. Reason: change link

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    Oooooooo!! Yu-Na Kim, a famous figure skater, was filmed without permission!!

Close the schools!! Send out the troops!! OMG, why live?????????

Blah, blah blah blah, blah blah...
    Tell that to the Japanese fed when one of their skaters was filmed by a fan without permission and then demanding an apology, while threatening to sue the fan. Hypocrisy as usual.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    These people released a public statement a week ago that their hidden camera stunt didn't have any problem since it was taken in a public space, and that they had approval from Yuna's side. Now, they quietly send a private letter admitting their wrong doings.

What they are doing is trying to plead to ATS that they take no further action while keep misleading the public that they did nothing wrong.

It's obvious that these people haven't learned their lesson. If I were ATS, I'd keep demanding that Nippon TV release a formal public statement of apology, not only for hidden camera, but also for lying blatantly in releasing their original press release.
    Geez, you grumble when they don't apologize, and then you grumble when they do apologize.

vCash

vCash
    Good job that ATS make sure everyone knows about the inconsistent statements from NipponTV.

Apologise privately to ATS for not getting approval while publicly release statement that they had approval.

It is not a big deal I suppose if you don't really care about basic broadcasting ethics, but in the realm of international journalism 101, to caught up in your own lie on multiple international press is a national disgrace and they should be embarrassed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ponta1 View Post
    Geez, you grumble when they don't apologize, and then you grumble when they do apologize.
    So typical. What would you feel if someone announce to everyone around you that he/she did nothing wrong, and then later send you a private apology letter for the wrongdoing without making a corrective statement to others? I doubt this apology thing would ever hit the Japanese news or be known to the Japanese public.
    Last edited by lowtherlore; 01-08-2011 at 03:57 PM.

vCash
    Um, hopefully without igniting the Yuna vs. Orser wars yet again, I'll just quietly point out that ATS is hardly in a position to be criticizing anyone else for issuing inaccurate press releases.
    Since you brought it up , exactly what part of ATS press release you find is incorrect?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtherlore View Post
    I doubt this apology thing would ever hit the Japanese news or be known to the Japanese public.
    I wish you read Japanese...

http://dailynews.yahoo.co.jp/fc/sports/

vCash
    [QUOTE=lowtherlore;3013980]So typical. What would you feel if someone announce to everyone around you that he/she did nothing wrong, and then later send you a private apology letter for the wrongdoing without making a corrective statement to others? I doubt this apology thing would ever hit the Japanese news or be known to the Japanese public.[/QUOTE]

I believe it's been publicized in the Japanese media that NTV made an apology to ATS, as Rumblefish has so kindly pointed out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by work suspended View Post

The link you provided leads to another link to the brief quotation of an article. Wouldn’t it be more appropriate for Nippon TV, which is a major network TV in Japan, to issue a PUBLIC corrective statement, when it overtly and incorrectly stated to the public that it had obtained the approval to film the private scene?
    Last edited by lowtherlore; 01-08-2011 at 05:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by work suspended View Post

Here is the correct link.
    Not all media in Japan is batshit crazy like Nippon TV.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ponta1 View Post
    I believe it's been publicized in the Japanese media that NTV made an apology to ATS, as Rumblefish has so kindly pointed out.
    Cognitive problem or plain distorting? None of the news links Rumblefish provided is of Japanese origin.

vCash
    The link you provided leads to another link to the brief quotation of an article. Wouldn’t it be more appropriate for Nippon TV, which is a major network TV in Japan, to issue a PUBLIC corrective statement, when it overtly and incorrectly stated to the public that it had obtained the approval to film the private scene?
    You're absolutely right! They should go to hell!
    I just hope some of the doubts you had were cleared by that link.

vCash
    Since you brought it up , exactly what part of ATS press release you find is incorrect?
    If you'd stop foaming at the mouth long enough to read what I actually posted, you would notice that I was referring to some of the press releases that ATS issued in the past, most notably at the time of the breakup with Orser.

Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast