Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    I mean... it's paparazzi. Are we expecting them to be in any way civil?
    Sounds like you donít get it or intentionally trivialize the incident by implying it was done by some freelance paparazzi. But the fact is, it was done by a TV station and broadcast by the same. I recall there was another Japanese TV that paparazzi-ed a Korean judge during the Olympic figure skating event. I wonder what you would say if a Korean TV did the same to Mao.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hotskate View Post
    Yuna Kim is popular in Japan?
    Why Japaness media paparazzi Yuna Kim? Japan has their own talented skaters.
    Canít you figure it out by now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marbri View Post
    Bizarre. This UNICEF insider should be more careful gossiping about private donations.
    Why canít a UNICEF staff talk about it when itís not meant to be anonymous? By the way, whatís your thought on Kevinís chance of doing better at Worlds, or you donít care much about him?

vCash
    ATS's official written protest to NTV from Korean article.

Today ATS officially sent a wrtten protest to NTV on the program(真相報道 バンキシャ!) which videotaped and broadcasted Yu-Na Kim's training with hidden cams. ATS said "It's against EWIP's regulations for NTV to tape Yu-Na Kim's training in the ice rink where taping is prohibited and it's not a common sense to film and broadcast her without a prior approval from any of us. It's really shameless deed neglecting roles and responsibilities of a broadcasting company.

ATS warned "If this kind of illegality happens again, NTV will be banned from all kinds of interviews and press conferences from Yu-Na Kim. And if it badly affected her participation to World 2011, it's all NTV's responsibility to be taken."

ATS demanded a public apology from the program for filming and broadcasting Yu-Na Kim's training with hidden cams without permission and added if it happens again, ATS will ask ISU and JSF to impose sactions against NTV.
    Hope it won't happen again to any skater.
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post
    And if it badly affected her participation to World 2011
    What is that mean?
    Yuna considers withdrawal from 2011 World Championships?
    Last edited by hotskate; 12-28-2010 at 01:33 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    BTW, aren't these creeps the same ones who pulled a hidden camera to Korean judge during 2010 Olys?
    As Dick Button would say, "I love it, I love it."
    yes, the same ones. very ugly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtherlore View Post
    Sounds like you don’t get it or intentionally trivialize the incident by implying it was done by some freelance paparazzi. But the fact is, it was done by a TV station and broadcast by the same. I recall there was another Japanese TV that paparazzi-ed a Korean judge during the Olympic figure skating event. I wonder what you would say if a Korean TV did the same to Mao.
    Well, I'm neither Korean nor Japanese and in fact am an American teenager with a life beyond skating and so don't even try to tie me in with any fanatic- but I do enjoy how you always try to qualify your position by attacking others. Whether or not it was a TV station, by the fact that they camp across the street from the rink, take creepy videos of Yuna ENTERING the rink (that's only something paparazzi would do, someone entering a rink that they train at is not considered newsworthy if anything), and call her boot maker makes me consider them at the same level as paparazzi. They're just grasping for something that they frankly are not entitled to. I would say exactly the same thing if a Korean TV station did the same to Mao. In addition, someone posted at ONTD_skating, it is very long so I will just link it, but this appears to be something that the Japanese media does very often and is frankly just unfortunate, it doesn't benefit anyone. http://community.livejournal.com/ont...084#t117723084

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    Well, I'm neither Korean nor Japanese and in fact am an American teenager with a life beyond skating and so don't even try to tie me in with any fanatic- but I do enjoy how you always try to qualify your position by attacking others. Whether or not it was a TV station, by the fact that they camp across the street from the rink, take creepy videos of Yuna ENTERING the rink (that's only something paparazzi would do, someone entering a rink that they train at is not considered newsworthy if anything), and call her boot maker makes me consider them at the same level as paparazzi. They're just grasping for something that they frankly are not entitled to. I would say exactly the same thing if a Korean TV station did the same to Mao. In addition, someone posted at ONTD_skating, it is very long so I will just link it, but this appears to be something that the Japanese media does very often and is frankly just unfortunate, it doesn't benefit anyone. http://community.livejournal.com/ont...084#t117723084
    You donít need to tell who you are or what you do. I guess you got what I talked about. Itís true many of my posts are reactionary to the certain trolls you know who.

The NTV video even had a scene of Sano Minoru (the first World medalist for Japan, a TV commentator and I believe a former JSF official) commenting on the fuzzy, distant paparazzi video of Yu-Na and guessing what she was doing (he commented she seemed to be practicing her new choreography). A public media doing that is bizarre and creepy.

vCash
    You donít need to tell who you are or what you do. I guess you got what I talked about. Itís true many of my posts are reactionary to the certain trolls you know who.

The NTV video even had a scene of Sano Minoru (the first World medalist for Japan, a TV commentator and I believe a former JSF official) commenting on the fuzzy, distant paparazzi video of Yu-Na and guessing what she was doing (he commented she seemed to be practicing her new choreography). A public media doing that is bizarre and creepy.
    I hope Yuna is not affected by this like how Oda was made completely flustered by the hounding... but she has been handling it very well, like a champion .

vCash
    "Yu-na Donates 50 Million Won to Girls on In Need"

http://www.feverskating.com/fevers/46536553
    http://news.nate.com/view/20101228n1...s0601&isq=3971

Yu-na news I believe?

Anyways, I find the Jpn. media story creepy. And their attempted stalking of Yu-na scary and an invasion of her privacy rights which do still exist in America (under 14th Amendment which extends to all persons in the US, not necessarily citizens only). Hopefully, the station won't try to do this again.

vCash
    you are one of them.

To me, Yuna's camp is way overreating. The japanese tv crews came to her rink.. so? Not like they came to her house. This reminds me of 70's Soviet Iron Curtain or North Korea's secret society.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    you are one of them.

To me, Yuna's camp is way overreating. The japanese tv crews came to her rink.. so? Not like they came to her house. This reminds me of 70's Soviet Iron Curtain or North Korea's secret society.
    Nah, I'm not disturbed about the fact that they went over to their rink, just they didn't get clearance for Yu-na's camp beforehand and instead, basically tried to stalk Yu-na. It's the way they're going about it that rubs me the wrong way frankly.

Besides, it's an issue of privacy. Most athletes, except for a media day or two, keep their training private yes? If so, then the TV station would be intruding on her privacy rights imo.

And I think that comparison is hardly fair. There's a difference between isolating/cutting off from the world an entire culture and just asking for some basic privacy. One is detrimental to the people itself and the other is a baisc human right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hotskate View Post
    What is that mean?
    Yuna considers withdrawal from 2011 World Championships?
    “Also, if this effects Kim’s preparation for the World Championships, or in the case Kim cannot skate at Worlds, we will hold NTV fully responsible,” said ATS.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Why canít a UNICEF staff talk about it when itís not meant to be anonymous? By the way, whatís your thought on Kevinís chance of doing better at Worlds, or you donít care much about him?
    The original post says it comes from an insider and by using that term you suggest they leaked that news which is what I called bizarre. And it is. Another poster has since posted it another way that makes it more of an announcement and that is not bizarre as it was clearly intended to be made public. So the error lies with the original poster who made it appear that donation was leaked.

As for Kevin heīll do however he does at Worlds and I'm not sure how much I care or do not care about him matters to this thread or to you. I'll just add that to my list of bizarre posts/comments
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    I found this footage of Yuna's CARE campaign footage on Youtube. Translate?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex91ytCAEfw

vCash
    To me, Yuna's camp is way overreating. The japanese tv crews came to her rink.. so? Not like they came to her house.
    Keywords: hidden cams, EWIP's regulations - taping is prohibited, film and broadcast her without a prior approval, without permission.

Are those nothing to you?

To cover a skater, other media request a prior approval from his/her management, put a media pass around the neck and pay portrait rights.
    This is a common sense but NTV crossed the line.

This reminds me of 70's Soviet Iron Curtain or North Korea's secret society.
    In Vancouver, JSF rent an ice rink and kept the curtains closed to block peeping through. Even though the programs were already unveiled several times to the public. It was not because they all had a social phobia or Japan is a communist.
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post
    Keywords: hidden cams, EWIP's regulations - taping is prohibited, film and broadcast her without a prior approval, without permission.

Are those nothing to you?

To cover a skater, other media request a prior approval from his/her management, put a media pass around the neck and pay portrait rights.
    This is a common sense but NTV crossed the line.

In Vancouver, JSF rent an ice rink and kept the curtains closed to block peeping through. Even though the programs were already unveiled several times to the public. It was not because they all had a social phobia or Japan is a communist.
    Didn't Japanese media went absolutely nuts when a hotel employee took a photo of Asada waiting for her team at a hotel a year ago or so when she was in Korea? What kind of double standards does the Japanese media have? They might have filmed Yuna practicing her programs on the ice. Yuna's side made it clear they don't want to show her training even to Korean media. I heard the panels on the TV program even discussed their speculations about Yuna's new boots. WTH.
    Last edited by amaro; 12-29-2010 at 12:49 AM.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Japan TV called out for secretly filming figure skater Kim Yu-na
    http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/cult...01800315F.HTML

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by amaro View Post
    Didn't Japanese media went absolutely nuts when a hotel employee took a photo of Asada waiting for her team at a hotel in Korea a year ago or so? What kind of double standard does the Japanese media have? They might have filmed Yuna practicing her programs. And Yuna's side made it clear they don't want to show her training even to Korean media. I heard the panels in the TV program even discussed their speculations about Yuna's new boots.
    I don't see any double standard here. One stalkerish Japanese TV station doesn't mean that the entire Japanese media is culpable, just like one creeping Korean hotel employee does not mean all Korean hotel workers are creeping on Mao.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vodkashot View Post
    I don't see any double standard here. One stalkerish Japanese TV station doesn't mean that the entire Japanese media is culpable, just like one creeping Korean hotel employee does not mean all Korean hotel workers are creeping on Mao.
    Double satandard recalling how the Japanese media collectively reacted to the Asada incident. They went nuts as if such things are unthinkable in their standard, "in a foreign country, such thing is possible" kind of attitude. Pathetic.

Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast