Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39
  1. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,173
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Wow, the woman tonight was so sad! She needs to join a self-esteem club instead of a matchmaker club.

    The plumber was hot though!

  2. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    11,774
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Oh, clutch my pearls. I had to rewind to assure that my ears weren't misleading me. Yep ... Patti really did say "Hello Kitty does not get a hard

    Spoiler

    ", didn't she? and

    Keep classy, Patti.

    Hooray for the usual trainwreck/hopeful future episode! The millionnairess is a sad piece of work, and she and her golddigging plumber had me squirming their entire date. Good Lord, woman, do you have ONE OUNCE of pride in yourself? Pathetic.

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,715
    vCash
    2634
    Rep Power
    29418
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Good Lord, woman, do you have ONE OUNCE of pride in yourself? Pathetic.
    When she told Patti that she had more to talk about with the gold digger, I thought, "wow, I've never seen someone be that shallow and delusional." It bothered me that she had no concept that he was way out of her league AND a douchebag. I don't think it really ever occurred to her that he wouldn't be sexually attracted to her.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

  4. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Richland Center, Wisconsin
    Posts
    31
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I didn't think he was all that, frankly. I couldn't see why she was degrading herself for that loser.

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    23,837
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Apparently Luc and Robin are still dating. Wonder how much he charges per week

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    9,490
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1231
    I think this is a vulgar and disgusting show.

    The Top Yenta is a loud-mouth Shtetl Girl, squawking like she came out from the Pale yesterday, and should not be allowed near any decent family who wants to marry off their son or daughter in a traditional style.

    She has awful taste, awful appearance and manners. She is not fit to be a door hostess at the Mustang Ranch, let alone introduce prospective partners to millionaires.

    Oh, and speaking of millionaires…… I mean the garbage collectors and “doing something and something” dudes, who yesterday earned oh! the whole big large huge 1,000,002.98 …..

    It’s those darn extra $ 2.99 that now made the The Millionaires, and now they are allowed to flip through the piles of beauty school drop outs and waitresses.

    Oh, the whole blimey million….which in today’s economy is about oh, $150,000 or $200,000 of what million was in the 70’s and 80’s in times of “Lifestyles of Rich and Famous” and “Fantasy Island” shows…. .

    This show, however, is better than Jerry Springer…. Just to be fair.

  7. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    11,774
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    What? This isn't real?

    Dream crusher! Guess we've hitched our hopes of love and riches to the wrong star.

  8. #28

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    2,485
    vCash
    400
    Rep Power
    1872
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    What? This isn't real?

    Dream crusher! Guess we've hitched our hopes of love and riches to the wrong star.
    Good Gawd. You mean reality TV show is not real? Next you're gonna tell me Santa Claus is not real. HATERZ!!!!!

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    On a magic planet with Meryl and Charlie
    Posts
    6,935
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    16292
    What about the Easter Bunny and Figure Skating judging?

  10. #30

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    9,490
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1231
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    What? This isn't real?

    Dream crusher! Guess we've hitched our hopes of love and riches to the wrong star.
    You hitched your hopes of love and riches to this sorry excuse for a Yenta..??!!... I don't believe you.

    On a serious note: are you trying to tell me the whole show is "acting" and "actors"?

    Someone tried to convince me that all the Small Claims Court shows are "acting" and "actors", and I don't think so..... However, nothing is impossible...

  11. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    11,774
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Nah, they're not actors per se (except for some of the potential date candidates), but many of them are definitely "acting" for this show!

    This show is The Bachelor Lite ... artificial set-up, totally unrealistic atmosphere for true feelings to develop, etc. If someone ends up married from Patti's "talents", we'd all fall over. Patti & Co seem to relish in choosing "true" mate-seeking folks as their millionnaires half of the time, and freakish, unmarriable people the other half of the time. True confession: I'd not be chatting about a nicey nice show featuring just the former group of folks.

    These millionnaires and to some extent the date candidates are drawn from the thousands of fame whore wannabes who want nothing more than to enjoy their 15 minutes on television, even if it means exposing their considerable weirdness/pathetic inclinations to the Bravo audience ... and the subsequent ridicule on The Soup and blogosphere.

    Patti Stanger is sorta one of those people, IMO, by most accounts very UNsuccessful as a matchmaker.

  12. #32

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    9,490
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1231
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Patti Stanger is sorta one of those people, IMO, by most accounts very UNsuccessful as a matchmaker.
    There is an old saying in Russia.. "with a style like hers, she is only fit to stand in the corner of a farmers market and sell sauerkraut out of a bucket".

  13. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    6,262
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Don't hold back Tinami. Tell us what you really think.

    Full disclosure: I have occasionally watched this show for its train-wreck qualities. Project Runway is on hiatus and they canceled my favorite soap. I gotta get my trashy melodrama fix somewhere.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tinami Amori View Post
    I think this is a vulgar and disgusting show.

    The Top Yenta is a loud-mouth Shtetl Girl, squawking like she came out from the Pale yesterday, and should not be allowed near any decent family who wants to marry off their son or daughter in a traditional style.

    She has awful taste, awful appearance and manners. She is not fit to be a door hostess at the Mustang Ranch, let alone introduce prospective partners to millionaires.

    Oh, and speaking of millionaires…… I mean the garbage collectors and “doing something and something” dudes, who yesterday earned oh! the whole big large huge 1,000,002.98 …..

    It’s those darn extra $ 2.99 that now made the The Millionaires, and now they are allowed to flip through the piles of beauty school drop outs and waitresses.

    Oh, the whole blimey million….which in today’s economy is about oh, $150,000 or $200,000 of what million was in the 70’s and 80’s in times of “Lifestyles of Rich and Famous” and “Fantasy Island” shows…. .

    This show, however, is better than Jerry Springer…. Just to be fair.

  14. #34

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    2,485
    vCash
    400
    Rep Power
    1872
    I finally had time to watch this episode. If she's that horny, she can just hire escort. If she just wanna have sex with 'hunk' and doesn't care if her 'partner' loves her. More power to her. I don't judge...

  15. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,938
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Just saw the latest episode I'm disappointed with Patti for not doing any prep with the millionaires. I guess Patti thought she was a lost cause or something. I'm beginning to finally see the reason some people don't like Matchmaker. The Bongiorno guy ended up a success story, though. He was just a pep talk away from warming up.
    Last edited by Kwantumleap; 01-07-2011 at 03:54 PM.

  16. #36

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    the BS
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,530
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1604
    I didn't think the plumber was that hot... Also, it's a bit irritating that Patti will sometimes throw a test person in there. I guess they need to do that to make the show entertaining though. But I would hope she doesn't do that in her real-life matchmaking business. If someone is paying you, don't give them crappy matches.

  17. #37

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,715
    vCash
    2634
    Rep Power
    29418
    Quote Originally Posted by meggonzo View Post
    I didn't think the plumber was that hot... Also, it's a bit irritating that Patti will sometimes throw a test person in there. I guess they need to do that to make the show entertaining though. But I would hope she doesn't do that in her real-life matchmaking business. If someone is paying you, don't give them crappy matches.
    I don't think the people on the show pay, or at least I hope they don't. From what I hear, real life Patty doing her job versus show Patti is totally different. She's still a bitch, but she does her job well in real life. I didn't find the plumber that hot at the mixer, but I thought he was hot when he showed up with the bicycle.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

  18. #38

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    2,485
    vCash
    400
    Rep Power
    1872
    Oy vey again for the finale. That model/actress/host/life coach/WTF is there to play game, hog some air time. Free promotion for her DVD, I guess. But honestly, do you think people will buy her DVD, now that we all know she's bat shit crazy?

  19. #39
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    11,774
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by luenatic View Post
    Oy vey again for the finale. That model/actress/host/life coach/WTF is there to play game, hog some air time. Free promotion for her DVD, I guess. But honestly, do you think people will buy her DVD, now that we all know she's bat shit crazy?
    fixed for simplicity!

    But, yeh, that Hot Mess definitely came back to hawk her weird lingerie DVD. Even this barrel-full-of-crazy has enough wit (just) to know that Patti's services aren't deep enough to find that precise creature (whatever that may be!) who would have the thousand characteristics necessary to spend a even a day with her.

    WTF's date! Yum.

    Oh, and: Patti, please girl, none of us bought that the "lie detecting" was real ... and/or that the results were being reported accurately.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •