Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Millionaire Matchmaker

Sorry if there's already a thread for this, but MM is one of my favorite shows on tv. The last episode was the best one yet IMO. The next one should be good, too, but less successful.

vCash
    I like this show too.

But, I've often wondered about her opening intro, where she says she has an "extremely high success rate." Really? How often do we read the updates where the people even see each other again? Let alone actually pursue a real meaningfull relationship.

vCash
    It seems like every show this season ends with her screaming "Get the hell out of my club!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatfoote View Post
    But, I've often wondered about her opening intro, where she says she has an "extremely high success rate." Really? How often do we read the updates where the people even see each other again? Let alone actually pursue a real meaningfull relationship.
    I can't be sure, but I think her real-life (i.e., off-camera) matchmaking business has a higher success rate because she is counseling people who legitimately want to find someone, not a bunch of famewhores who just want to get on TV.
    Quote Originally Posted by duane View Post
    It seems like every show this season ends with her screaming "Get the hell out of my club!"
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    I this show, too, for the chain of trainwrecks. And for the eye candy Patti and her kids round up as candidates ... most of them far too young and or for the subject millionnaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwantumleap View Post
    The last episode was the best one yet IMO. The next one should be good, too, but less successful.
    Is the "last episode" you refer to the one with the "you CAN and you WILL [slurp those fermented duck embryo shooters]" current/future serial killer? He with the reptilian eyes and eville smile? If so, how was that "successful"? Okay, the episode was successful, if that's what you mean.

What a creepy freak. And the other guy for the episode -- showing his weird surgically sculpted abs-on-top-of-fat and taking his date to a clothing optional spa -- was a loser in his own right ... but just sophomoric verus creepy.

The post-creepy-Q-tip-episode previews showed a flaming, pretentious, older queen ... apparently looking for hot young boys. So the usual in gay life. I'm sure that Patti will loooove this guy's entitlement.

vCash
    Read an interview with Patti; the fame ho's get NO pay from Bravo. Love the show, she is a hoot. The one that brought his "assistant" on the date should be shot! Whatta pig...
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    I don't really like Patti, but I watch the show every week despite that. I would love to know what happened with Chelsea that caused her to leave/get fired.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    What a nasty, disgusting, revolting and trashy show. I watch it every week! Can't wait for the next nauseating episode (the one with the older gay guy)!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I don't really like Patti, but I watch the show every week despite that. I would love to know what happened with Chelsea that caused her to leave/get fired.
    Quote Originally Posted by luenatic View Post
    What a nasty, disgusting, revolting and trashy show. I watch it every week! Can't wait for the next nauseating episode (the one with the older gay guy)!!!
    But other than the host and the millionnaires, it's a great show! We don't miss an episode.

I've not vested any real brain cells in this show (well, not until these posts today, that is ), but I once heard a gay at a party joking that these millionnaires are putting all their trust in finding a "lifetime match" on the skills of a woman who has never been married.

Not sure if this is accurate, and again, I'm not going to put in the effort to Wiki it. But I will defend her skills, using the analogy that some of the greatest coaches in the history of sports never really played at the championship level of their subject sport (ergo Patti is the coach, and dating is her sport) ... but I find her never married status as a nice source for chuckles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Is the "last episode" you refer to the one with the "you CAN and you WILL [slurp those fermented duck embryo shooters]" current/future serial killer? He with the reptilian eyes and eville smile? If so, how was that "successful"? Okay, the episode was successful, if that's what you mean.

What a creepy freak. And the other guy for the episode -- showing his weird surgically sculpted abs-on-top-of-fat and taking his date to a clothing optional spa -- was a loser in his own right ... but just sophomoric verus creepy.
    No, that one was vile! I was referring to the episode that followed with the famous publisher/Sirius radio queen and the chef/caterer. That was an awesome episode.

I agree that most of the shows have been messes, though. I still learn a lot from them. It's like a modern take on Cinderella. Some of the dates seem SO awkward.

vCash
    Well her hubby to be would not come on the show...and she was ticked. She has lost a ton of weight and is taking that Sensa stuff. Some of the best skating coaches don't have kids...just sayin!
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    I've not vested any real brain cells in this show (well, not until these posts today, that is ), but I once heard a gay at a party joking that these millionnaires are putting all their trust in finding a "lifetime match" on the skills of a woman who has never been married.

Not sure if this is accurate, and again, I'm not going to put in the effort to Wiki it. But I will defend her skills, using the analogy that some of the greatest coaches in the history of sports never really played at the championship level of their subject sport (ergo Patti is the coach, and dating is her sport) ... but I find her never married status as a nice source for chuckles.
    As far as I know, she's never been married. Her most recent fiance wouldn't come on her show, but was cool going on other shows according to what she said on Watch What Happens Live (another super guilty pleasure). I'll never forget the episode where she told her mother that Randy Quaid was the best oral sex she ever had.

vCash
    Oh, thanks sooooo much, Allen. Now, I'll be needing a liquid lunch. Brain bleach being the liquid.

Or maybe I'll just embellish that you meant to write Dennis Quaid ... ahhh, yes, much better vision.

vCash
    Oh, thanks sooooo much, Allen. Now, I'll be needing a liquid lunch. Brain bleach being the liquid.

Or maybe I'll just embellish that you meant to write Dennis Quaid ... ahhh, yes, much better vision.
    That was payback for the shar pei comment

I'm with you on Dennis Quaid. He was so hot in Far From Heaven

vCash
    Oy Vey! Watched the latest episode with the Ga(y)geist. He is so charming. I'm sure he's the belle of the ball. Where do these people learn their holier than thou attitude? The way he looked at the young guy was just gross.

vCash
    Oh vey is right! I felt extremely uncomfortable during that "date". I loved when Patti screamed at him (as she is prone to do).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Oh vey is right! I felt extremely uncomfortable during that "date". I loved when Patti screamed at him (as she is prone to do).
    I had a hard time watching last night's episode. I think it's because I know so many guys like last night's bachelor in that they are in their 40s and like 20 somethings. However, his attitude was beyond condescending. I wouldn't have personally chosen the guy he picked and I can't say I really get why he picked him either. The guy that is performing in Wicked seems like a better choice, but I would have wanted him subjected to that dickbag. The only good part was when Rhett threw the water in his face, but when you do that, you have to storm out of the room, not just sit there with a mean mug.

vCash
    I had to turn it off. Cookie prick was getting on my nerves.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    I thought the cookie guy's attitude was annoying, but not that bad. Rhett was the childish one. He was trying WAY too hard, with the continual touching (which seemed forced--not genuine), his sexual humor (which I too found juvenile), and then the throwing of the drink--which is SO dramatic and immature.

vCash
    Cookie guy's attitude was very chippy - pretty smug about his being "president" of the company (that daddy built).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast