Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    I have a picture in my cubicle at work of me and Kurt Browning from the time I met him.

The other day my coworker asked me if it was a picture of me and my husband.
    I'm not spoiled...I deserve all my stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    men are not allowed to wear tights?
    It seem so. But it's a weird rule because at NHK and for the rest of the season he added feathers to his tights so it made his costume legal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post

The first time something was thrown onto the ice he was flabbergasted. ...
    And I guess - when you think about it - it kind of is! I started to imagine what it would be like if stuffed animals were thrown in during other Winter Sports like - hockey ...
    Did you see all of these teddy bears?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRmXEvviRMM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skategal View Post
    I have a picture in my cubicle at work of me and Kurt Browning from the time I met him.

The other day my coworker asked me if it was a picture of me and my husband.
    Same with me: I was showing to my classmate my TEB pictures and when he saw the one I took with Scott Moir he said "Hey, you didn't tell me you were there with your boyfriend!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfahrut View Post
    Did you see all of these teddy bears?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRmXEvviRMM
    Very cool - thanks for sharing!

Minecraft Widow
    vCash
    Mr skateycat knows enough about skating to be dangerous, having gamely gone with me to 2002 Skate America and 2005 US Nationals.

But I still get guff about that 'nice Canadian boy' whose bouquet I caught at Skate America! (Patrice Archetto - yay!)
    Cigarettes are like squirrels. They are perfectly harmless until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire. -- @ciggybuttz on Twitter

vCash
    My youngest sister, who actually knows something about skating, always called Slutskaya and Butyrskaya Slutface and Butface, respectively. This is someone who took her daughter to ice shows and some of the 2001 Worlds and paid for a few years of lessons for said daughter.

vCash
    To the people who complain about the falls, I say 'why don't golfers always make their shot?' and 'why don't hockey players always make their goals/goalies always make their save?' and things of the sort.

vCash
    My mom screams awwwwWWWWWch in fear for any skater that falls.

She had the same reaction when she watched Jurassic Park... to her skating falls are just as scary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    To the people who complain about the falls, I say 'why don't golfers always make their shot?' and 'why don't hockey players always make their goals/goalies always make their save?' and things of the sort.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    One of my relatives asks, when any Asian female skater is on the ice "Isn't that Nancy Kwan? She still hasn't retired?"
    LMAOOOO, that is hilarious! My astronomy prof said the exact same thing, he was just lecturing on a topic about angular momentum and rotation of planets and used figure skating as an example and it went something like this:

First slide: Picture was Michelle Kwan --> and he says "so here now is Nancy Kwan, pulling in her arms to speed up...etc."

a few slides later: a picture of Nancy Kerrigan pops up lolll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertango View Post
    It seem so. But it's a weird rule because at NHK and for the rest of the season he added feathers to his tights so it made his costume legal
    Did he use cock feather?
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pingu View Post
    Same with me: I was showing to my classmate my TEB pictures and when he saw the one I took with Scott Moir he said "Hey, you didn't tell me you were there with your boyfriend!"
    Yep, people used to think that also of me and Tomas Verner seing my picture with him

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleTodd View Post
    My youngest sister, who actually knows something about skating, always called Slutskaya and Butyrskaya Slutface and Butface, respectively.
    the first year I followed Worlds (2000), I used to call Slutskaya "that Maria who ended up between Kwan and Butyrskaya" and look at the fan I am now!

But the best thing I always laugh at, is when I tell someone I'm going to a skating event and they ask me "are you going there to compete?" lol that's just so absurd taken that they never see me going to any practices and there's actually NO real ice rink in my city

vCash
    After TEB last year, the girl who I took with me asked me whether I remembered "that funny French guy called BONER". She meant Bonheur

My brother also likes watching Yukki Nikki (Yukari Nakano) do her doughnut spin and various skaters perform "triple whips" (flips!). To be fair, he was 4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiralGirl View Post
    My brother also likes watching Yukki Nikki (Yukari Nakano) do her doughnut spin and various skaters perform "triple whips" (flips!). To be fair, he was 4
    That's adorable!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceJunkie View Post
    Coworker: "This one Japanese guy fell TWICE. I couldn't believe it. TWICE!"
    Me: "Well, believe it or not, that's not actually that uncommon."
    Coworker: "But these are suppose to be professionals! The best of the best!"
    I've had this conversation more than once.

This thread is exactly the reason I never talk about skating with people who aren't mad fans.

vCash
    My dad would ask me to do "those double whizzies" all the time. When I did dance my partners mother would ask all the time "How are your lobes?" She could not grasp what a choctaw, twizzle, bracket, rocker or anything else was. Lobes were the only thing she would ask about.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TwizzlerS View Post
    When each of my 2 kids were about 3 yrs old, they wanted to get my attention onto them instead of watching skating on TV. My daughter climbed to the top of the couch and jumped off saying that she could do a double poopy. My son did something similar but said he was going to do a double whip.
    This one's too funny

vCash
    Not funny, but something I've noticed. I call our sport "skating" or "figure skating." Most non or casual fans seem to call it "ice skating." Whenever someone calls it "ice skating" it sets off an alarm to me that they don't really know very much.

I could be wrong in this assumption. What do most of you call it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BmcC102 View Post
    I could be wrong in this assumption. What do most of you call it?
    I call it "skating", but actually when I say to my classmates I'm going to see a skating competition they are silent for a few seconds and then say:
    "...you mean...on the ice??"
    "yes"
    "...cool!!!"

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast