Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    All skaters are required to submit a Planned Program Content (PPC) at the time of entering the event (or are meant to submit it). The elements get manually entered into the ISUCalc program before the event (I did them all for our National Championships a few weeks ago and it took hours - arghhhhh!!!).

The judging sheets are then printed for all the judges and technical panel and they list all the elements that the skater has submitted on their PPC.

Doesn't mean that is what the skater actually does as the tech panel and judges evaluate the element as done, but you get a good idea of what they plan to do.

Also the +COMBO part doesn't need to be data entered anymore as you can tell if there are two jumps for that element that it is a combination, but the +SEQ does get used.
    Yes you're right, thanks for reminding me. I should have already known this because the technical sheets were fully disclosed for the Olympics.

I thought +COMBO was still used in instances where a combination should have been completed in that instance (either SP or Zayak rule), but was omitted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seerek View Post
    I thought +COMBO was still used in instances where a combination should have been completed in that instance (either SP or Zayak rule), but was omitted.
    +COMBO in short programs

+SEQ in long programs for repeats (Zayak violations), which produces the additional penalty of the jump only getting 80% of its base value, in addition to any -GOE and using up a combo/sequence slot.

I think that changed a few years ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seerek View Post
    Yes you're right, thanks for reminding me. I should have already known this because the technical sheets were fully disclosed for the Olympics.

That is correct. Here is an example from the Senior Ladies SP at Aust Nats (scroll down to see the combo with the missing second jump).

http://www.isa.org.au/Results/2010_A..._SP_Scores.pdf
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12