Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I thought they were politically dumped. I cant see any other rational explanation for such a huge dropoff in scores when they actually improved.
    They didn't improve and they had awful programs which they skated like lifeless zombies.

vCash
    (Hi Ziggy!)

They had next to no chemistry or oneness when they skated together. No amount of amazing throws and twists could compensate for that.

It puzzles me that the Chinese Fed hired NA choreographers for S&Z and P&T to improve their styles and programs but somehow the Zhangs always sucked in those departments and the Chinese Fed didn't do much about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    It puzzles me that the Chinese Fed hired NA choreographers for S&Z and P&T to improve their styles and programs but somehow the Zhangs always sucked in those departments and the Chinese Fed didn't do much about it.
    S/Z and P/T improved a hell of a lot as far as chemistry goes after working with NA choreographers.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Zoueva choroegraph Z/Z's programs in the Olympic season? It didn't help.

vCash
    They used Zoueva and Nichol (your favorite ) before but didn't help.

Their drop in standings probably means the judges gave up on them after seeing them failing to improve, or that they know that the Zhangs have peaked with their lucky silver in Torino, a couple of world silvers, and a bunch of 4CCs, Jr Worlds and GP golds and can't bear to give them a world gold like they didn't for Bonaly. Or, perhaps the other teams were just better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    They used Zoueva and Nichol (your favorite ) before but didn't help.

Their drop in standings probably means the judges gave up on them after seeing them failing to improve, or that they know that the Zhangs have peaked with their lucky silver in Torino, a couple of world silvers, and a bunch of 4CCs, Jr Worlds and GP golds and can't bear to give them a world gold like they didn't for Bonaly. Or, perhaps the other teams were just better.
    they have improved so much. take a look at their really lucky olympic silver medal ´06 and their olympic free skate ´10. there are worlds between. their skating is so much softer and with more emotions (surely, other have more), but it wa sobviously that tha Zhangs were just dumped by the return of Shen/Zhao. Before they were the only couple to get near or could beat Savchenko/Szolkowy. Their short programm by zoueva did the rest. This was absolutely awful and doesn´t fit them in any way and crash boom bang they were down to nowhere. pang/tong were just lucky at olympics with no downgrades and a really good programm, they just live from that bonus, but they will have no chance against savchenko/szolkowy, if they don´t mae big mistakes. i hope the zhangs will rock the ice again, i really love that couple now, although i almost hated them 4,5 years ago.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12