Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Zhangs from China; what are they doing?

I don't remember seeing them for the last 2 years. Have they quit skating?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Octoberopals View Post
    I don't remember seeing them for the last 2 years. Have they quit skating?
    The male Zhang has an injury, I forget what, but they're out for now, may come back for Worlds.

They were here last year! They went to the Olympics and finished like 5th, haha!

vCash
    Here's the earlier thread that asked about them: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76243

vCash
    does anyone have a current status of the zhangs?
    i´m so looking forward to see their new programs, love the music choices.
    sad, they are ot in the entries for the 4cc.

hope they will gain back their strength, although it was never lost, let´s say, hope, they will gain back the judges attention.
    gorgeous programs last year (not the first sp), don´t know, where their pcs went

vCash
    If they arent able to compete this season I hope they use the programs they were planning to use this season next season instead. It would be a shame to miss out on seeing them.

As for the judges respect with Shen & Zhou retired and Pang & Tong seemingly aging downwards in abilities this season they have a perfect opportunity to reclaim Chinese #1 status. I dont think Sui & Han are that good frankly, and I think the Zhangs can easily hold them off. The problem is with the Germans going strong again and the Russians building back up in a big way I am not sure how big a factor any of the Chinese pairs will be in the coming 3 years. I think the Zhangs are their biggest potential hope for 2014 though, not Pang & Tong or Sui & Han.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    gorgeous programs last year (not the first sp), don´t know, where their pcs went
    I thought they were politically dumped. I cant see any other rational explanation for such a huge dropoff in scores when they actually improved.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I dont think Sui & Han are that good frankly,
    Well, if you're saying that it must mean that they are really good.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    someone has any news about dan&hao?

they are not on the worlds team but listed at yu-na kims show in korea?
    what ****** is that?

vCash
    I don't see how getting 5th in the Olympics and Worlds last year is anything to sneeze at; I'm sure plenty of teams would have liked those placements and in 09 they were 2nd in the world, not too shabby.

vCash
    I don't think they were politically dumped. I think they were overscored for a few years (ex. silver at 2006 Olympics), and then got the scores they rightfully deserved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    someone has any news about dan&hao?

they are not on the worlds team but listed at yu-na kims show in korea?
    what ****** is that?
    Maybe they are not healed enough to do certain elements. e.g. he can lift but can't jump

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock2 View Post
    Maybe they are not healed enough to do certain elements. e.g. he can lift but can't jump
    Since he had a broken finger it's probably the other way around

To answer Jeschke's question, I imagine his finger is healed enough now for him to do an exhibition number, but they haven't been able to compete all season, probably didn't even have programs (I can't remember but I think the injury occurred way back during the summer), due to his injury. Why so angry?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    I don't see how getting 5th in the Olympics and Worlds last year is anything to sneeze at; I'm sure plenty of teams would have liked those placements and in 09 they were 2nd in the world, not too shabby.
    I agree. Just because they don't place 2nd every competition doesn't mean that they have been "dumped". The strength of the field often has a lot to do with results, and there was no denying that the strong return of Shen/Zhao,the rise of a team like Mukhortova/Trankov, the solid programs of Pang/Tong, etc., made it more difficult for Zhang/Zhang to medal at major events. Aside from their weaknesses, Z/Z also struggling a bit with consistency last season, had to scrap their SP, etc. There is no shame at all in finishing top 5 at the Olympics. With K/S bombing the LP there, however, the Zhangs should have at least beat them, but that's a whole other story.

I imagine we'll see the Zhangs in competition next season? Then again, I didn't think they'd miss this entire season over a broken finger, so who knows what is up with them and how severe that injury was.

vCash
    I imagine we'll see the Zhangs in competition next season? Then again, I didn't think they'd miss this entire season over a broken finger, so who knows what is up with them and how severe that injury was.[/QUOTE]

i really hope so!
    I´m not angry, I just can´t wait to see them again. They have improved so much since 2006 (I really not liked them back then), but now they´re a gorgeous couple, hope they can rock again.

vCash
    I wish the Fed would just let them retire. She in particular has seemed absolutely miserable and disinterested out there the last few years.

vCash
    I have a feeling that P/T will retire after Worlds, and the Chinese Fed may ask Z/Z to compete next season along with S/H to keep 3 Chinese spots going forward, giving more time to other Chinese teams to grow and fill in the gap

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    I have a feeling that P/T will retire after Worlds, and the Chinese Fed may ask Z/Z to compete next season along with S/H to keep 3 Chinese spots going forward, giving more time to other Chinese teams to grow and fill in the gap
    PT want to have a rest after Worlds. But maybe they still need to skate...
    About the Korea's show,I saw a news yesterday.PT said they wouldn't go to Korea's show because of Worlds.About Z/Z, they are traing now,ZhangHao feel better than before. I think they need more time practise their program.
    Here is ZhangDan's blog,if you can understand Chinese.They are training everyday~
    http://t.sina.com.cn/1823980351
    Last edited by xy3026rosa; 03-25-2011 at 12:43 PM.

vCash
    Yuna do not invite P/T to her show! It is after show's list having comfirmed that the Worlds is rescheduled!
    Good luck to Z/Z!
    Last edited by zizi; 03-27-2011 at 02:05 AM.

vCash
    Their coach Yao Bin told me at the Four Continents Championships that they are training, but he has less strength in the hand that was injured (don't remember which one it was, probably the right hand) and they couldn't practice the pair elements enough. They were not ready for competing this season.

vCash
    nice to hear, that we will se them ever again.
    dan zhang ist just gorgeous und a brilliant pair skater.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast