Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    I'm really not getting all this dismissal of the WTT as a cheesefest at all. The last event was hugely enjoyable but also very high in quality. There seemed to be a more relaxed atmosphere sure, but it certainly wasn't to the detriment of the overall skating. IIRC there were some superb performances including Lysacek, Asada, Flatt and Zhang who all skated lights out clean LP's.
    Completely agree. I like how relaxed the skaters are but still go after their full competitive LPs. The nature of the event allows a lot of them to skate more free, resulting in some great performances. (same at the Japan Open) The fact that they do competitive programs, and not "artistic" or "interpretive" programs which 90% of the time wind up being throw away exhibition style crap, helps legitimize the event and make it more than a cheesefest. If I recall the scoring was pretty uncontroversial and there wasn't much wuzrobbing either.

Plus the crowd and atmosphere is usually great, and I love seeing the skaters together rooting for each other in the K&C.

But like last year, I just wish they allowed the countries to fill their 6 spots any way they want as long as they had at least one entry per discipline, and scoring between the 4 disciplines would be weighed in a way that would make all four disciplines an equal part of the score.

For example, Russia could send K&S and V&T for pairs, Bobrovievs and I&K for dance, and only 1 man and 1 lady. Canada could send 2 dance and 2 men, 1 pair and 1 lady, or even all 3 dance teams if they feel W&P stand a better chance than the second Canadian man, 1 pair, 1 lady, and Chan. Japan would do the regular 2 men, 2 ladies, 1 pair, 1 dance setup. China could send three pairs, if S&H can compete at this (can they?) and the Zhangs are finally back. US has lots of options.

vCash
    does anybody have news about this event?
    i know the earthquake/tsunami postponed it indefinitely, but...
    any news?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icellist View Post
    does anybody have news about this event?
    i know the earthquake/tsunami postponed it indefinitely, but...
    any news?
    Rescheduled to April 2012 in Yokohama, according to this Japan Times article (May 2): http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-b...0110502f2.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Rescheduled to April 2012 in Yokohama, according to this Japan Times article (May 2): http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-b...0110502f2.html
    I wonder who will get to go? The skaters who should have gone in 2011 or new sakaters?

vCash
    Personally I don't think there is any question that it will be the "new" skaters, of course within ISU rules for possible substitutions. Some of this year's skaters may have moved on, or no longer be as good/lucky/healthy as they were at this year's Worlds.

vCash
    As it seams it won't be a world team trophy this year. But who should have qualified and eventually the best chance to win?
    Just to see how it should have turned out

vCash
    http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

just some news about the new dates for this competition, April 19-22
    wish there was more information ><

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234