Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    that I couldn't see JWe's Ave Maria..I loved John and Rena's performance. And Paul Wylie still has "it"..Hoping for a repeat at some time..

vCash
    Judging by some of the posts, we were very lucky in New York/New Jersey. Even though the football game ran a half hour overtime, our Fox network seemed to have showed the entire program.

vCash
    Highlights for me were JW Ave Maria, John and Rena, Kurt and Paul Wylie. Kimmie seems like such a sweet young woman and it was nice to
    see her skate again, I thought she looked fabulous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    But if Sarah can't jump at her age, I'd rather see her slot go to someone else.
    Especially since Bonaly is still flipping! I had to look up her age- I knew the era she skated in, but I was still surprised.

Then again- Sasha doesn't really do too much content either, so I guess Sarah gets a pass.

Kurt's footwork is still amazing, but I didn't need the strip tease. I loved Rena and John's program, but isn't that a pretty old exhibition now? Maybe I'm misremembering. Also- is Ave Maria really a Christmas song? I've never ever heard it introduced that way.

(Another note- I think the network did run the whole thing with the football overrun, but my DVR didn't get it.)

vCash
    Fox played the entire show in spite of football going over - at least where I live.
    That doesn't happen often.

So Fox

vCash
    Extraordinarily good show. Definitely NOT a Disson one, as there was minimal cheese and focus on musicians at the expense of the skating. Even the public-service spots with skaters talking of the impact of cancer in their lives was tasteful.

Practically the entire live show was shown, including several '2nd programs,' which wasn't really the case last year. For ex, we got both of Johnny's, Joannie's, Sasha's and Kurt's routines. LOVED Johnny's Gaga number & Joannie's tango the best but there was much to commend in the show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    I dont mind if someone like Dorothy Hamill shows up and doesnt jump. But if Sarah can't jump at her age, I'd rather see her slot go to someone else.
    Normally I would agree with you BUT this being a 'benefit' for cancer information, I feel that Sarah's particupation was especially appropriate.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    assuming admission wasnt free, there have to be other ways to participate
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Yes-Sarah's, Kurt's, Dorothy's and Rena's participation was most appropriate. Kurt's discussion of the testing he goes through was particularly valuable because both his parents died from cancer, as was Sarah's discussion about how she and her skating were affected by her mother's cancer, and how she hoped her skating made her mother happy. Dorothy and Rena are great role models for continuing to live your life after cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Kimmie too, for her work with Kool Kids.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Especially since Bonaly is still flipping! I had to look up her age- I knew the era she skated in, but I was still surprised.

Then again- Sasha doesn't really do too much content either, so I guess Sarah gets a pass.

Kurt's footwork is still amazing, but I didn't need the strip tease. I loved Rena and John's program, but isn't that a pretty old exhibition now? Maybe I'm misremembering. Also- is Ave Maria really a Christmas song? I've never ever heard it introduced that way.

(Another note- I think the network did run the whole thing with the football overrun, but my DVR didn't get it.)
    Yeah, I missed Sasha's first number due to football so I don't know about that one, but unless I missed it, she did no jumps in her second performance. Very little content, but I thought Sarah "looked" good. She looks fit. My fav was definitely Joannie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    Judging by some of the posts, we were very lucky in New York/New Jersey. Even though the football game ran a half hour overtime, our Fox network seemed to have showed the entire program.
    Yeah, I was DVRing (huh?) it from 4:30 to 6. There was still a football wrap up program on past 4:30. But when I turned on the news at 6:00, the skating was still on for another 15 minutes. I'll watch the whole thing this weekend. So excited to see Paul and Kurt for a change.

vCash
    I completely missed this...booooo hoooo! Anybody who got the whole thing willing to trade a DVD with me for a copy of this??? If so PM me. Thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123