View Poll Results: Who will medal in the ladies event at the Japanese Nationals?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Akiko Suzuki

95 62.91%
  • Fumie Suguri

4 2.65%
  • Haruka Imai

5 3.31%
  • Kanako Murakami

109 72.19%
  • Mao Asada

62 41.06%
  • Miki Ando

123 81.46%
  • Other (Please Specify)

1 0.66%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Regardless of the results, I hope Mao stays mentally strong and injury-free. Go Mao!

vCash
    I'm not ruling Mao out so easily, just based on her perfomrnaces this year. Yes, they've been disastrous, but last year's GP was awful too; then she totally rocks Nats, Olys (mostly) and Worlds. She's a champion; I refuse to write her off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Loves_Shizuka View Post
    I'm not ruling Mao out so easily, just based on her perfomrnaces this year. Yes, they've been disastrous, but last year's GP was awful too; then she totally rocks Nats, Olys (mostly) and Worlds. She's a champion; I refuse to write her off.
    Her GP wasn't awful last season though. I mean she came in 2nd at TEB and scored over 117 for the FS - that's not awful, that's pretty good for the beginning of the season. And at COR her SP score was only so low because they did that stupid thing with not counting her 2a. Her GP season last season was disappointing, but this season it was much more disappointing.

vCash
    Well, I won't write her off, but this year's GP was more of a disaster than last year's. And really, it seems it's not just a question of confidence, I'm afraid.

vCash
    i think the team will be asada, ando, and the third spot will be between akiko and murakami. mao has won 4 straight nationals, and I can't imagien her now when it's most important finish off the podium...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icellist View Post
    love akiko, needs to build herself for next year at the age of 26!!!
    ando seems strong in the field
    asada probably wont get the favors if she doesnt deliver
    murakami might be needed for jr worlds to keep japans spots (not too sure how many spots they have now, can anyone clarify?)

still hoping on yukari nakano to sweep in. loved her skating so much.
    Japan has three spots in Jr World as well. Not sure how the current jr girls are doing, but if Kanako desn't make it to senior team they will make her go for jr world for sure. One of the jr girl finished 4th at JGPF, so Im sure she can stay in top 10 and retain at least two spots for next year for sure thou.

vCash
    LOL at 3 votes for Suguri.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen View Post
    Japan has three spots in Jr World as well. Not sure how the current jr girls are doing, but if Kanako desn't make it to senior team they will make her go for jr world for sure. One of the jr girl finished 4th at JGPF, so Im sure she can stay in top 10 and retain at least two spots for next year for sure thou.
    IMO, Jr. Worlds will be Imai, Shoji, and Murakami (if she doesn't make the Senior Worlds team)- if Murakami isn't there for Jr. Worlds, I think it'll be whatever junior finishes higher in senior Nationals

vCash
    my prediction.

1. Ando
    2. Asada
    3. Murakami
    4. Suzuki

p.s) Maybe the toughest situation for JSF would be when 3.Ando 4.Murakami??
    Last edited by EricRohmer; 12-24-2010 at 05:34 AM.

vCash

vCash
    I hope that Mao does well at Japanese nationals and ultimately makes the team, along with Miki and Akiko. I like Kanako, but she's young and I think will hopefully have many good seasons ahead of her.

Fumie is still my favorite current ladies' skater from Japan (I've got such a soft spot for her ever since she did her "Jupiter" program from "The Planets"), but I have a feeling that her chances of making the team are really slim, considering the tremendous depth of talent (and her results the last few seasons compared to the others).

vCash
    My predictions:

1.) Mao
    2.) Miki
    3.) Kanako
    4.) Akiko
    5.) Risa

vCash

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123