Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I dont see any chance of K&S winning the World title this year the way the Germans are skating. I will go on record now as saying I will be completely shocked if the Germans dont regain their World title. So if the Russian federation decide either of the top 2 teams could medal they might back V&T over K&S thinking they are a better bet long term.
    I think K/S main goal this year was to get back on the ice and stay healthy, I don't know if they are even worried about worlds at this point.

I think K/S and V/T should be first and second; B/L third (if they are clean) M/B and I/M will be 4th and 5th in some order and G/E will get used to being in 6th place. It will be a great competition either way.

I highly doubt the Russian Federation would send anyone to worlds over K/S

They have the second highest free skate score this season and will medal at nationals and europeans, as well as the win they got at Cup of Russia. There is no way they are not sending the two time world bronze medalists.

As far as any competition goes, anything can happen. Injury, illness, airlines loosing skates and costumes It will be a great competition if everyone is 100%.

vCash
    I think and I hope S/S,V/T,K/S are all on the Worlds podium, no matter what the order is.
    Could anyone tell me date and schedule of the Russian Nationals? Thanks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yaoyao View Post
    I think and I hope S/S,V/T,K/S are all on the Worlds podium, no matter what the order is.
    Could anyone tell me date and schedule of the Russian Nationals? Thanks!
    I hope so too but as Chinese #1 Pang & Tong will be placed on the podium as the silver or bronze medalist whether they deserve it or not. Next year they will be possily dropped as Chinese #1 in favor of Sui & Han depending how much Sui & Han improve. I believe S&H are age eligible for senior Worlds next year.

Searching for Sergei Verbillo's lost stache
    vCash
    of course I'd like to see V/T win, but think K/S will just from the level of program difficulty alone- clean or not. Hoping that V/T and I/M will round off the podium. B/L are gorgeous skaters but their program (in particular the SP) is just zzzzzzzzzz and uninspiring. M/B will probably finish 4th.

vCash
    I just saw the V/Tteam on YouTube and...WOW! I now amend my original list. These two have the goods to be #1 at Russian Nationals now.

How wonderful to see Tatiana finally have an equally great partner.

vCash
    I'm really liking the V/T and M/B pairings. Both Tatiana and Maria look so much better with their new partners.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I hope so too but as Chinese #1 Pang & Tong will be placed on the podium as the silver or bronze medalist whether they deserve it or not. Next year they will be possily dropped as Chinese #1 in favor of Sui & Han depending how much Sui & Han improve. I believe S&H are age eligible for senior Worlds next year.
    Yes, I agree with you! But I do not give up my hope! If Pang/Tong continue making so many mistakes and do not impove themselves, they will lose their place. It is a matter of time.
    Good luck to V/T, K/S!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yaoyao View Post
    Yes, I agree with you! But I do not give up my hope! If Pang/Tong continue making so many mistakes and do not impove themselves, they will lose their place. It is a matter of time.
    Good luck to V/T, K/S!
    Not only that...Pang has serious issues with body line...specifically during lifts. Her legs become wet noodles - there is absolutely no tension in her body - no style...and all things being equal, Pang does not have that Russian Pairs Skating Goddess presence that someone like Volosozhar or Savchenko has.

I will say, P&T and K&S have the two best programs this season. As much as I like S&S, comedic programs have to be performed at the highest level to be taken half as seriously by the judges. In a one mistake against one mistake competition, they may loose in the PCS. I'm lukewarm on V&T's program choices...I think it's way too early to determine a musical style for them...but I think the Carmina Burana SP is a bit heavy for the new pairing...more like something she would have skated to with Morozov.

I'm really liking the V/T and M/B pairings. Both Tatiana and Maria look so much better with their new partners.
    Fozzie Bear, ITA. Maria looks so much softer now...and I find all of the skaters body lines match much better in the new pairings. Win for everyone!

vCash
    Double post...sorry.

vCash
    Definitely K/S- they look more comfortable with their programs here. M/T too (especially Maria!). V/T look okay but not my cup of tea at the moment (their programs), but they gel pretty nicely considering their new partnership.
    Last edited by Enthusiast; 12-21-2010 at 08:11 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PEKINGMOO View Post
    Fozzie Bear, ITA. Maria looks so much softer now...and I find all of the skaters body lines match much better in the new pairings. Win for everyone!
    Definitely. She doesn't look like she loathes her partner!

It's so nice to have Russian teams to like again!

vCash
    I hope M&B can improve in the transitions part because they look already perfect together and I would put them first in my favorite pairs list.

vCash
    I like M&B very much but if they win over my dear I&M I will

vCash
    Is it known yet when exactly this competition is even taking place? Nobody seems to know

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stjeaskategym View Post
    Is it known yet when exactly this competition is even taking place? Nobody seems to know
    There is a schedule posted in the Russian Nationals portion of the Kiss and Cry forum and on the official site.

The Pairs SP is Dec. 26 and the Pairs FS is Dec. 27.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    There is a schedule posted in the Russian Nationals portion of the Kiss and Cry forum and on the official site.

The Pairs SP is Dec. 26 and the Pairs FS is Dec. 27.
    Thanks for the info!

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parasolka View Post
    For those who didn't see yet.
    V/T latest skate s.p. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuLY0q7udUU
    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!

OMG!!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12