Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    My SIL will be visiting us soon so I decided to get her a little welcome present: Stila Surprise & Shine palette. I am not going to record a message as talking make-up annoys me.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    make it say, you look very pretty today
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I am wearing Sephora by OPI in "Sample Sale" but only on my toes. I am getting my nails done tomorrow, probably in Techno Girl, so I can be summery for a few days before I leave Colombia.

vCash
    Has anyone tried the EverSleek yet? It's supposed to be silicone and sulfate free.......I've used both EverStrong and EverPure, and I got much better results with the Pure. Except for the leave in conditioner. I find the EverStrong overnight reconstructing something or other is much better as a leave in.

Husband bought me a huge makeup pallette (sp?) from Belk for the holidays. I'm having a great time experimenting with colors I've never tried before!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I am wearing Sephora by OPI in "Sample Sale" but only on my toes. I am getting my nails done tomorrow, probably in Techno Girl, so I can be summery for a few days before I leave Colombia.
    Oooh, Techno Girl would look great with a tan/dark skin. My nails are currently bare. I am contemplating wearing the OPI Metro Chic again. I also like Brunette On The Internet, how fitting.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    aubrey organics honeysuckle shampoo and conditioner- the first one strips your hair and the second one makes it greasy. Maybe it's not just not compatible for my hair but might work for someone else

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    My SIL will be visiting us soon so I decided to get her a little welcome present: Stila Surprise & Shine palette. I am not going to record a message as talking make-up annoys me.
    whhhat? That's crazy! Why would they do that? I heard of talking greeting cards but talking makeup is a bit much

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    I have been trying to find a 1.7 ounce bottle of Estee Lauder's White Linen Fresh Breeze at a Macy's as I have a gift card from there. Apparently it's so scarce, my search is turning into the quest for the Holy Grail .

I'm also almost out of my Modèle Collagen Lip Treatment : . I can't find it anywhere in the US, and I can't afford the cost of it ($30 per tube) plus shipping .
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    Oooh, Techno Girl would look great with a tan/dark skin. My nails are currently bare. I am contemplating wearing the OPI Metro Chic again. I also like Brunette On The Internet, how fitting.
    Currently, I am practically translucent My Dominican and Puerto Rican kids at the school I work at didn't even believe I was Hispanic at first because I'm so pale (to be fair, they're all very dark and I don't think many have been exposed to the world outside the Bronx). The weather isn't even cooperating with me; it drizzled on my birthday.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Currently, I am practically translucent My Dominican and Puerto Rican kids at the school I work at didn't even believe I was Hispanic at first because I'm so pale (to be fair, they're all very dark and I don't think many have been exposed to the world outside the Bronx). The weather isn't even cooperating with me; it drizzled on my birthday.
    A lot of people think I am Hispanic and I am not, the opposite situation.

Cyn, I know you have a Macy's gift card but if Macy's fails you, try The Perfumed Court. They have all kinds of rare perfumes. I believe I owe this knowledge to a kindly FSUer.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I have been trying to find a 1.7 ounce bottle of Estee Lauder's White Linen Fresh Breeze at a Macy's as I have a gift card from there. Apparently it's so scarce, my search is turning into the quest for the Holy Grail .
    I googled and I can't find that name - is it Light Breeze?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    I googled and I can't find that name - is it Light Breeze?
    eys,

It's called Pure White Linen Light Breeze

The box (and the fragrance itself) is light green, and the bottle is frosted glass. I had several VOCs (vial-on-cards) of it and fell in lurve, but lately the only size that seems to be available is the 3.4 ounce, which is too large, both in quantity and for my budget .

I like the idea of the 1 ounce bottle, but it's $45.00, and the 1.7 ounce is only ten dollars more.

The Light Breeze has a wonderfully clean, herbal scent that's IMO very different from the original White Linen, which I used to wear all the time.
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash

I'm also almost out of my Modèle Collagen Lip Treatment : . I can't find it anywhere in the US, and I can't afford the cost of it ($30 per tube) plus shipping .
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Modele-Collagen-...item19c240d19f

24.99 w/free shipping...
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    A lot of people think I am Hispanic and I am not, the opposite situation.
    Same with my DH. When we travel in the South US or Europe people speak to him in Spanish.

He's actually of Irish descent so it is quite funny.
    I'm not spoiled...I deserve all my stuff.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Yup, people very often assume I am South American, unless they assume I am Italian. A sweet old man in Sicily once tried very earnestly to convince me I am Sicilian.

And when I walk around our mostly Hispanic Mission district, people address me in Spanish and I just smile and say "no habla español". I really need to learn Spanish.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    eys,

It's called Pure White Linen Light Breeze

The box (and the fragrance itself) is light green, and the bottle is frosted glass. I had several VOCs (vial-on-cards) of it and fell in lurve, but lately the only size that seems to be available is the 3.4 ounce, which is too large, both in quantity and for my budget .

I like the idea of the 1 ounce bottle, but it's $45.00, and the 1.7 ounce is only ten dollars more.
    Here it is on the Macy's website, and they have a little button for Find In Store!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    Here it is on the Macy's website, and they have a little button for Find In Store!
    Thanks for the link . I used the "find in store" button, and unfortunately, the closest Macy's to where I live is "out of stock" (though they have the 3.4 ounce bottle) . I'll have to travel about 40 miles to get to the closest one that has it available.

Of course, since we're going to be socked in with snow and ice for the next few days, all that could change by the time I can get in the car and drive anywhere .

vCash
    Thanks for the link . I used the "find in store" button, and unfortunately, the closest Macy's to where I live is "out of stock" (though they have the 3.4 ounce bottle) . I'll have to travel about 40 miles to get to the closest one that has it available.
    Can you use the giftcard on the website?

There's a store really close to me that has it in stock, I would ship it to you if you want. PM me if you want to make arrangements

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    I think there was a hair thread but I can't find it.

Help I have a hair emergency! No matter what I use or how much I rinse out my hair, it feels like I'm not getting out all of the soap/oil. It's driving me NUTS because it looks like I haven't washed my hair in weeks. My scalp feels fine, I usually have itchiness or dandruff after a few days but I haven't had any of that. It just looks really greasy.

I just washed my hair this morning (with Dawn, jojoba oil treatment on my scalp just in case my scalp went wonky, another round of Dawn to get rid of the excess jojoba oil and then a final rinse with apple cider vinegar in water) and let it air dry, and it still looks like a big greaseball. I guess the next thing to try is buying that $$$ Neutrogena clarifying shampoo, but I already have enough shampoo bottles lying around! Plus I really thought the apple cider vinegar rinse is supposed to do the same thing.

I never use styling product in my hair, I've always washed my hair every other day and I've already switched shampoos multiple times. (Yes, I even tried EverStrong and that did nothing.) This happened to me once before and after using a lemon juice rinse, it went away and I didn't have to use a special rinse again. I didn't have any lemons lying around but had figured the apple cider vinegar would do the same thing...

The only other explanation I can think of is that my hormones are really out of whack. Earlier this week I was flattened by terrible menstrual cramps and my hair hasn't been the same since. Does that sound reasonable to anybody? In that case I guess my only choice is to wait it out and get a stylish hat in the meantime.

Ugh I might take another shower tonight to get this grease out. This time I'll try my bf's castille soap. This is getting ridiculous.

vCash
    If you want to clarify your hair, baking soda is very effective. Dissolve 2 tbs baking soda in 2 cups warm water. Pour over wet hair, and rub like you are shampooing. Rinse well with water. Then use either a vinegar (if you have dark hair) or lemon juice (if you have light hair). Vinegar rinse: 2 tsp vinegar in 2 cups water. Lemon rinse: juice of one lemon in 2 cups water. Rinse well with water again, and shampoo as normal.

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast