Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
    Minecraft Widow
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    One thing, huh? I'd say mascara. Mascara or maybe some nice cream blush.
    Yep, one thing - for now anyway. I still have days where I'm choosing between brushing my teeth or brushing my hair. Sigh.

At least I have been moisturizing. I think that has greatly contributed to the happiness of my skin.
    Cigarettes are like squirrels. They are perfectly harmless until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire. -- @ciggybuttz on Twitter

vCash
    Ah shoot. I had your mascara blog link saved somewhere Veronika, and now I can't find it. Could you repost it? I have to purchase some new mascara after a delightful bout of conjunctivitis. (gross.)

ETA: Never mind, I found it.

vCash
    Got some samples of the new Lancome serum "Visionnaire" today - looking forward to trying it!

gold dust woman
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scintillation View Post
    Ah shoot. I had your mascara blog link saved somewhere Veronika, and now I can't find it. Could you repost it? I have to purchase some new mascara after a delightful bout of conjunctivitis. (gross.)

ETA: Never mind, I found it.
    I'm glad you found it. I still need to make some improvements (like adding some pictures), so I haven't really started publicizing it yet. But here's the link for anyone who is interested: http://tracyluvsmascara.blogspot.com/

I was at Target tonight with my husband and he asked me if I'll ever have enough makeup. I just gave him a blank stare and said no.

Then he ended up buying a Sonia Kashuk eyeliner brush for me because he just wanted to get out of there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronika View Post
    I'm glad you found it. I still need to make some improvements (like adding some pictures), so I haven't really started publicizing it yet. But here's the link for anyone who is interested: http://tracyluvsmascara.blogspot.com/

I was at Target tonight with my husband and he asked me if I'll ever have enough makeup. I just gave him a blank stare and said no.

Then he ended up buying a Sonia Kashuk eyeliner brush for me because he just wanted to get out of there.
    My collection is fairly small and my husband asks me that too.

vCash
    I could've bought a esthetician-sized makeup case for super cheap the other day. But then I realized that it would be going waaaay overboard.
    I honestly don't use much more than concealer, mascara, eyeshadow, lip gloss, and occasionally loose powder. I gotta have my mascara though, and going without eye makeup for the past few days has made me feel naked.
    Where I do go crazy is with the hair products. At one point I literally had a store in my cabinet. It was ridiculous. My friend had me cover him in all my hair products and then take photos of him looking as if he OD'd on hair care. Only then did I realize that I had gone too far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateycat View Post
    I ordered the Now I have another question for this thread. I've never worn makeup. I wouldn't know where to start, but I am feeling kind of frumpy and untiffed. If I were to add one tiffing thing to my daily routine, what would it be? Or, where would you start if you were me?
    Yep, one thing - for now anyway. I still have days where I'm choosing between brushing my teeth or brushing my hair. Sigh.

At least I have been moisturizing. I think that has greatly contributed to the happiness of my skin.
    You want to enhance with makeup not detract. My fear of just doing one thing would be that it would detract or draw attention to that one area of your face and look unbalanced. That being said, this is what I would do if I were you: (I am a new mom and this is my 'time crunch' routine.)

Swap your moisturizer for a tinted one. Then add a sweep of powder blush to the apples of your cheeks (pink or peach/coral depending on your skin color) and then add a matching lipgloss.

The tinted moisturizer will even out your complexion without adding time as you are moisturizing already. Adding the blush and lipgloss will finish the look and only take about 30 extra seconds to do.

IMO, adding mascara would be great too but it is a bit of a time suck. If you have extra time beyond adding blush and lipgloss, considering curling your eyelashes. It adds a little flair to the eye area and doesn't take long to do once you get the hang of it.

Good Luck!
    I'm not spoiled...I deserve all my stuff.

Quadless
    vCash
    Yep, one thing - for now anyway.
    If your lips are pale or the same color as the rest of your face, I would say tinted lip gloss. To me, nothing can bring a face to life like some lip color. It's super quick to apply, you don't have to be as exact as you would need to be with lipstick, and if you use something like Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Shimmer it will actually have a beneficial effect on your lips. And it's cheap!

If your lips have good natural color then the one thing I'd recommend is a quick eye pencil to define your eyes. You don't have to be as precise as you would with eye liner, and you absolutely can wear it without mascara for subtle but effective definition.

And if you're very ambitious, I'd do both - eye pencil + lip gloss. You can easily do both in under 2 minutes. And as a bonus, you don't need to remove eye pencil at the end of the day like you would mascara / shadow, and the lip gloss will come off with one wipe on a tissue, so there would be no additional time required at night to remove your "face."
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skategal View Post
    Swap your moisturizer for a tinted one. Then add a sweep of powder blush to the apples of your cheeks (pink or peach/coral depending on your skin color) and then add a matching lipgloss.

The tinted moisturizer will even out your complexion without adding time as you are moisturizing already. Adding the blush and lipgloss will finish the look and only take about 30 extra seconds to do.

IMO, adding mascara would be great too but it is a bit of a time suck. If you have extra time beyond adding blush and lipgloss, considering curling your eyelashes. It adds a little flair to the eye area and doesn't take long to do once you get the hang of it.

Good Luck!
    I second the tinted moisturizer suggestion. If there was one thing, OK two things that I would put on in terms of make-up it would be concealer and tinted moisturizer as bare minimum. If I had another minute, I'd throw on mascara and blush.

The key is to match the moisturizer and concealer to your skin tone. You may require help with that.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I picked up Nivea's new Pure & Natural day moisturizer for normal/combo skin, and it seems to be working fairly well. I'm not nearly as shiny as I usually am by now.

The gimmick is, it's 95% naturally sourced ingredients, and has aloe and argan oil in it. But it does have fragrance, although at least it smells better to me than the Aveeno moisturizer I tried earlier and returned. It's also in a jar, would prefer a tube, but I think I'm keeping it.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    If your lips are pale or the same color as the rest of your face, I would say tinted lip gloss. To me, nothing can bring a face to life like some lip color. It's super quick to apply, you don't have to be as exact as you would need to be with lipstick, and if you use something like Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Shimmer it will actually have a beneficial effect on your lips. And it's cheap!

If your lips have good natural color then the one thing I'd recommend is a quick eye pencil to define your eyes. You don't have to be as precise as you would with eye liner, and you absolutely can wear it without mascara for subtle but effective definition.

And if you're very ambitious, I'd do both - eye pencil + lip gloss. You can easily do both in under 2 minutes. And as a bonus, you don't need to remove eye pencil at the end of the day like you would mascara / shadow, and the lip gloss will come off with one wipe on a tissue, so there would be no additional time required at night to remove your "face."
    I second the eye pencil. I wear glasses and my eyelashes are pretty sparse so mascara doesn't do a whole lot for me, but some smudgy eye pencil can do a lot. And it's easy too!

Well, if I do just ONE thing, it's eyebrow pencil because I practically have no eyebrows. I guess I'm lucky that I have very even skin tone so I don't usually go for foundation or concealer. It really depends on how you look.

vCash
    Um just wanted to say that I decided to go with CoverGirl's professional super thick lash mascara thanks to Veronika's blog, and I've been really pleased with it. Thanks!

We also got some new fall/winter eyeshadows and lipsticks in this week, so my makeup collection just went through the roof because I bought 8 new eyeshadows and 2 lipsticks....

vCash
    I have a question. I have pretty sensitive skin. School starts Wednesday and I'm driving back downstate tomorrow.

I've gotten my eyebrows threaded in the past (once), and it looked great but it hurt a lot and left some irritated bumps for a few days. I never do as good a job myself, so I wanted to get something done again, but I also don't want those irritated bumps on Wednesday.

I've never had my eyebrows waxed. Would it leave the same thing? Is it a better option? What do you prefer?

vCash
    Threading shouldn't leave you with bumps. Someone didn't do it correctly. Waxing shouldn't either, though you might be red.

I would try threading again. It's a cleaner look anyway.

YEAH!
    vCash
    YMMV but for me threading hurt significantly less the second time around, and you may get less irritation too.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I prefer waxing. Done in a few minutes. The trick is to get the wax just the right temperature so it's the right consistency (like honey) to get the job done without burning the skin.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Thanks guys. I think I'll try threading again and maybe try to get there tomorrow so if there's irritation it's mostly gone by Wednesday. But I am curious about trying waxing at some point. I would never want to it myself though, so I hope that the people you pay for it know how to do it well, as you said IA...

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    I've never tried threading, so I can't compare the two, but I have my brows waxed every six weeks, and I love the result. It`s nice that you`re in and out in 10 minutes too! Don`t go if you have to be somewhere after, though, because there is quite a bit of redness....for me, anyway.
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

vCash
    I've only gotten them waxed, and it didn't bother me much. I have sensitive skin, too, and it just left me red for a few hours. Two of my cousins do threading and prefer it, so I don't know. Your mileage may vary, I guess!

vCash
    Threading didn't take terribly long when I did it I just went to the stand at the mall. And then went and bought some cute clothes... sounds like a good plan.

Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast