Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Anyone else tempted by Sephora's Hello Kitty Makeup Secret Sale?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/10756269@N05/5118152229/

To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    is that baby ruth?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andora View Post
    Now I'm on the hunt for this Bioderma Sensibo. I hope Pharmaplus (of the Rexall chain) has it.
    That didn't take long. I popped into Shopper's today on a whim, and not only did they have to 500 ml bottles, but it was on sale for $25! The cashier said they get the big bottles every so often.

vCash
    That didn't take long. I popped into Shopper's today on a whim, and not only did they have to 500 ml bottles, but it was on sale for $25! The cashier said they get the big bottles every so often.
    Gah!! I might have to make some calls tomorrow. 250ml looks so dinky next to my 500ml from France. I do love living just over the border

vCash

Wow, that's great.I checked 2 of ours just this week, one with a BB and one without,neither had it. I will certainly check the rest,and keep my eye out.

Thanks!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    how is this sensibo on eyemakeup? it has mostly good reviews on makeup alley but some people said it wasnt taking off their mascara and they werent using waterproof
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    how is this sensibo on eyemakeup? it has mostly good reviews on makeup alley but some people said it wasnt taking off their mascara and they werent using waterproof
    It works for me on nonWP mascara, but isn't that great with WP. Perhaps I'm not being patient enough. I've seen videos talking about it where the person said to let it soak in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxU4jiIMguM

vCash
    In my experience, it just will take longer to take off WP mascara if the remover isn't a bit oily or viscid at least.

vCash
    I've never had a problem taking off mascara with Sensibio. Non at all. Non wp mascara just melts off immediately. With wp mascara, all I do is let the cotton pad sit on my eye for a couple more seconds to loosen it a bit. No rubbing is needed at all. The video from Lisa Eldridge that vesperholly linked is roughly how I've always done it.

The great thing about this product is that it is not oily so there is never any of that vision cloudyness that some eye makeup removers can leave if they get in your eyes. my eyes are sensitive to that.

Another great thing about this is it is so easy to use for clean up after eye makeup mistakes. For example, sometimes if I'm not wearing eyeliner and my mascara has a big brush, I sometimes have some mascara on my lids,very close to my lashline. This non-oily product on a Qtip will clean that up perfectly, without ruining my mascara at all. Same with cleaning up a liner mistake, or any other problem around the eye area. Non of that slight running of an oily makeup remover that might instantly ruin your make up.

It also removes foundation, powder and lipstick as well. Personally, I use my clarisonic and another cleanser after using this to remove all my makeup at night, but only use the sensibio to clean my face in the morning. Works for me.

I love the stuff.

vCash
    After using it twice yesterday, I may go get another bottle for later. So impressed with it- not just for eyes but my foundation, everything. My skin felt so clean after, but not stripped like it sometimes can. It was faster on mascara than anything I have, and I imagine it'll work on wp mascara with extra time, too. Another great recommendation from this thread!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    is that baby ruth?
    Eys. After she used her Hello Kitty makeup case for the first time.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    She got so big and cute!
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Can anyone offer any advice on eyeliner? I am interested in wearing it now, and I am wondering which shades to try. Are you supposed to match it with the eyeshadow base color? And you apply it last, correct? Also, can you wear it by itself? I tried wearing it a long time ago, but noticed it always smudged and blended in with the rest of my eyeshadow so I figured I was applying it wrong. (But then again, I have those oily eyelids so I'm sure that was the major problem.) Thanks.

vCash
    If you have oily eyelids then probably some primer, like Primer Potion from Urban Decay should do. Gel eyeliners are easier to use. They usually come into pots(this type of packaging though can cause the product to dry if you air it for a long time) so you need a thin tipped brush for that. I heard Clinique's gel eyeliner is ok. I know Lancome Artliner is in a tube and it's in gel and its applicator is supposed to be easy to use. I wouldn't recommend liquid eyeliners because they are very runny hence difficult to use.
    Another technique is to just use an angled flat brush to put eyeshadow (you can wet it to give more intensity) right near the roots of the lashes. Or you can use this technique as a guidance to lay over some gel or liquid eyeliner over it.
    Eyeliners can be worn alone or with other eye makeup. If you want to wear it alone you have to powder the lid so that it doesn't transfer to the crease or just use primer. Yes, usually you apply it last, unless you want to smudge it and make it disappear under the other make up while still creating some depth at the roots of the lashes .
    The color you choose can be either the same with the eyeshadow, just some shades darker, because you want to make it look like you lashes are thicker or it can be black and classic, it's up to you.
    If you wear it alone, a good tip is to create a shade(you can use contour powder) at the socket bone. I know I can't get away with a complete nude lid and eyeliner.
    Lastly, watch some tutorials from Pixiwoo. I find them very helpful

gold dust woman
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
    Can anyone offer any advice on eyeliner? I am interested in wearing it now, and I am wondering which shades to try. Are you supposed to match it with the eyeshadow base color? And you apply it last, correct? Also, can you wear it by itself? I tried wearing it a long time ago, but noticed it always smudged and blended in with the rest of my eyeshadow so I figured I was applying it wrong. (But then again, I have those oily eyelids so I'm sure that was the major problem.) Thanks.
    Here are my tips...didn't see Mila's post first.

1. First, a question--do you have oily eyelids? If so, you'll probably want to use a liquid, gel, or waterproof liner. I use mostly liquid liner, which is a bit tricky at first, but I like the way it looks and it never fades.

2. I try to use a contrasting eyeliner to go with my shadow--dark brown liner with brown shadow, black liner with purple shadow, etc. But there are no hard and fast rules about that. If you have a darker complexion, you could get away with wearing black liner every day. I apply my eyeliner second to last, after eyeshadow but before mascara. (My lashes get in the way of application if I do eyeliner after mascara.)

3. I would not wear it alone, it has a better chance of smudging that way. If you don't want to wear noticeable eyeshadow, you could put loose powder on your lids, or find a beige shadow that matches your skin tone.

Hope that helps!

vCash
    Thanks, mila and Veronika! I'll practice using the gel/liquid stuff first. It just seems like all the fun colors come in the pencil kind.

vCash
    Thanks, mila and Veronika! I'll practice using the gel/liquid stuff first. It just seems like all the fun colors come in the pencil kind.
    Well you might as well use pencils, just be sure they are pointy.
    If you are into glittery or vibrant shades, I know GOSH makes some gel eyeliners which are easy to use because of their consistency and (I have in a minky-plum tone). But really, you just have to figure out what's best for you

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I stopped using eyeliners ever since I bought the flat slanted brush. Now I can turn any eye-shadow into eye liner.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I stopped using eyeliners ever since I bought the flat slanted brush. Now I can turn any eye-shadow into eye liner.
    Me too! It's so much easier to apply than eyeliner.
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

vCash
    Can anyone offer any advice on eyeliner? I am interested in wearing it now, and I am wondering which shades to try. Are you supposed to match it with the eyeshadow base color?
    What color you use depends on a few things: your overall coloring, your eye color, the shadow colors you used and the look you're trying to achieve. Black is most common, but gray, dark brown, dark green, navy and dark purples also work.

Black goes with everything, but it's a bit harsh for some people and daytime/casual looks. If you like black but feel it's too much, try a dark/medium gray. I have lighter coloring (NW20) and I loooove gray eyeliners. Brown is good for most looks as well. Typically a cool brown will work best - browns with red undertones can make your eyes look bloodshot. The easiest way to use colored liners is to wear them with a neutral shadow (shimmery ivory shadow, purple liner) or with a shadow in the same color family (light green shadow, dark green liner).

There are also different types of liners for your need. Liquid will give you the most precise line, but can be difficult to use and sometimes flake. Gel liners allow you to work with the brush of your choosing (pointed, slanted), can also give a precise line that is easier to create, and they're often more pigmented and come in a wider variety of colors than liquid. Pencils are the most convenient and portable, they can be sharpened and sanitized easily, but some softer versions (Urban Decay) will lose a fine point quickly and can smudge.

Products I like for liner:
    - Stila smudgepots
    - Smashbox cream liner palette
    - MAC greasepaint sticks (great for smudgy looks)
    - MAC powerpoint liners
    - MAC eye kohls
    - MAC fluidlines
    - Urban Decay 24/7 pencils (very soft)
    - L'Oreal lineur intense liquid liner
    - Physician's Formula gel eyeliner trio

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast