Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Last year her Carmen was not as charming during Grand Prix as it was at Nationals. Just give her more time.

vCash
    With more training and confidence, I bet she'll shine at Nationals!

vCash
    I think the programs are great. I think she could work on refining them a little and beefing up the choreography in spots, but I think her programs are better than most of the other women out there.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by loulou View Post
    My sight senses Nagasu has put on a little weight compared to last year. I don't know when that happened exactly (very possibly while she was resting her injury). Maybe her dresses where early made and couldn't take into account the change?

I'm also an over-the-boot tights lover. I understand I'm one of a few, or possibly the only one. But still: in my opinion, very few skater look better with in-the-boot tights. Nagasu not being one of them.

All in all, I agree with the fact that current skirts don't bother me. And I probably wouldn't wanna have them longer.

What skaters hit pratically every single costume of their career? I think of Cohen. She started losing it when she began touring.
    Yuna always has nice dresses , Ashley too. Mirai has filled out but that's likely just due to her age, she looks much more mature now compared to previous seasons.

vCash
    No. Her programs are great and I really like them. As mentioned above, just give Mirai more time.

vCash
    Might be too late to change her program mid season, may be next year she can try a different choreographer with a little bit more pizazz that complement her personality and charm and bring out the best in her skating.

Given the right material (e.g Florent Amodio's MJ program for instance), she can totally rock. Her Gala for example was just so charming!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Might be too late to change her program mid season, may be next year she can try a different choreographer with a little bit more pizazz that complement her personality and charm and bring out the best in her skating.

Given the right material (e.g Florent Amodio's MJ program for instance), she can totally rock. Her Gala for example was just so charming!
    I think Tom Dickson could really work for Mirai...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    I think Tom Dickson could really work for Mirai...
    I know Tom Dickson has apparently recycled his El Tango De Roxanne program (for Yuna) for Max Aaron recently

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzXyGXX-tG4

has there been any other exciting program he has done in the past?

As far as I know Yuna Kim's WC 2006 record breaking SP has been modified and improved alot by David Wilson by the time of the world champions.

But yeah that program could potentially suit Mirai, she need something with a bit more Oomph...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    I know Tom Dickson has apparently recycled his El Tango De Roxanne program (for Yuna) for Max Aaron recently

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzXyGXX-tG4

has there been any other exciting program he has done in the past?

As far as I know Yuna Kim's WC 2006 record breaking SP has been modified and improved alot by David Wilson by the time of the world champions.

But yeah that program could potentially suit Mirai, she need something with a bit more Oomph...
    He has choreographed for Matt Savoie, Jeremy Abbott (LPs from 06-07 to 08-09), Caroline Zhang (07-08 SP, 10-11 SP), and a lot of others. He works at Broadmoor, so a lot of the skaters there have him as a choreographer.

vCash
    When i first say Mirai's programs at China I loved her LP but i thought the SP was a little weak. The only parts i liked about the SP were the intepretation and that one foot choreography section, which is just divine!

I'm confident that Mirai can eventually make the programs work.

You guys do know that her LP costume at France was a borrowed costume, right?

And I wish people would stop going to Nichol, Dickson, Wilson, Morozov, etc. for choreography. Most of their work is recycled go to the more obscure choreographer who have a fresh slate. I wish Mirai would go to Sarah Kawahara but i dont know if she has the stamina for it.

vCash
    I find her choreography rather tacky and unsophisticated but it would be unwise to change programs at this point. Girl needs to focus on her technique.

Seriously though I really hope to see more improvement in her expression and hopefully better vehicles to show off her tremendous line..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icellist View Post
    You guys do know that her LP costume at France was a borrowed costume, right?
    I didn't know. Where did she get it? Will she return to CoC dress at Nationals?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    I didn't know. Where did she get it? Will she return to CoC dress at Nationals?
    Per Mirai's Facebook page, she borrowed it from her friend. Her COC dress was torn on one of the sleeves, so we might see an even newer one come Nationals.

Kawahara would be great for Mirai also (Bebe's Harry Potter SP ) but yeah like you said, you have to have great stamina.

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    Per Mirai's Facebook page, she borrowed it from her friend. Her COC dress was torn on one of the sleeves, so we might see an even newer one come Nationals.

Kawahara would be great for Mirai also (Bebe's Harry Potter SP ) but yeah like you said, you have to have great stamina.
    I noticed that during COC one of the sleeves was coming undone, must be a fault in the design. I think Mirai usually has good stamina, just not when she is behind in training. Maybe Kawahara would be good?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post

And get rid of the over-the-boot tights!!! White skates only!!!
    I want to start a crusade against over the boot tights! Who invented that?
    I know it is supposed to make you leg line look longer.........but to my eye, it makes you look crippled and deformed where the boot starts!

The difference it has made in Alissa's look should convince other skaters to tuck in those tights!! It is not like we don't know they have a boot on.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    I noticed that during COC one of the sleeves was coming undone, must be a fault in the design.
    Yes, here's the photo.

burntBREAD, thank you! I love CoC dress.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Yes, here's the photo.
    It's such a pity because that dress is gorgeous.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I noticed that too, hope they fix it and she keeps wearing both dresses.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I dont mind the LP, although the music cut is little bit choppy. Her Carmen program is way better thou.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AxelAnnie View Post
    I want to start a crusade against over the boot tights! Who invented that?
    I know it is supposed to make you leg line look longer.........but to my eye, it makes you look crippled and deformed where the boot starts!

The difference it has made in Alissa's look should convince other skaters to tuck in those tights!! It is not like we don't know they have a boot on.
    I couldn't agree more. The foot and leg look deformed to me in over-the-boot tights. I don't think it extends the line at all. That is done by the skater paying attention to how they hold their head, torso, hips, and legs.

O-

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast