Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Should Mirai change programs?

I think Mirai should go back to last years programs. I just don't like her current programs. They just are not as good as the programs she had last year. They are just boring to me.

vCash
    I don't mind her LP (I just don't love Geisha), but I wish her SP was really an Eastwick program.

vCash
    It's a little late for that. She should focus on her training and peaking for Nationals (and hopefully Worlds).
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    No. The more I see them, the more I like them. Hope she polishes them to a nice shine for Nationals.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    I like Mirai's programs. I just wish her costumes had about 3 more inches added to the skirt length in back. Her costumes are starting to look 2 sizes too small...like Caro's.

And get rid of the over-the-boot tights!!! White skates only!!!

vCash
    No, they're not as good as last year's programs, but they've still been well-received internationally (now whether she skates well is another matter). So I don't think it's necessary to get new programs or go back to last year's. Just grin & bear it... next season will come soon enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    I like Mirai's programs. I just wish her costumes had about 3 more inches added to the skirt length in back. Her costumes are starting to look 2 sizes too small...like Caro's.

Mirai's costumes aren't too short, that's just the way she's built, she has a very short torso and long legs and her dresses just accentuate that. Long skirts seem to make most skaters look matronly so I hope she doesn't get longer ones.

vCash
    Her LP is fine I think but I really wish she'd go back to Pirates of the Caribbean for her SP. That SP imo was magical when she was on. The Witches of Eastwick is only mildly interesting for me.
    Congrats to my ♥Baroque Rock Princess Adelina♥Meryl&Charlie♥Tatiana&Maxim♥!Team ♥Mirai♥Adam♥Julia♥

vCash
    I think the costumes are a little bit of the problem. They still have a very young feel to them with the hair ribbons and the flesh-colored fabric to hold up the faux-strapless dresses. I think she would really benefit from a better costume designer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I think the costumes are a little bit of the problem. They still have a very young feel to them with the hair ribbons and the flesh-colored fabric to hold up the faux-strapless dresses. I think she would really benefit from a better costume designer.
    Perhaps she should consider Vera Wang-it worked for Kwan!
    Congrats to my ♥Baroque Rock Princess Adelina♥Meryl&Charlie♥Tatiana&Maxim♥!Team ♥Mirai♥Adam♥Julia♥

vCash
    Her sp is GORGEOUS! Love the spiral and one foot footwork sequence. Love the dress.

Her lp is a little junior but it was better at TEB than at COC so I think by nationals it will be fine. Her lp from last year was a little junior as well so I think this program this year will be fine.

She can't be going back to last years programs, it just would look like she has regressed and it's not need anyway.

In the place 4 hours due East of where George Spiteri has his workshop
    vCash
    I LIKE her SP. It tells a story to me....and in a different way than I've seen from a skater in a long time. Polish the program? Yeah. Get a new one? Nah.

Her long, I'm not as fond of.....but it works.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    No, her programs are good. She just needed to do more training.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    Her LP is fine I think but I really wish she'd go back to Pirates of the Caribbean for her SP. That SP imo was magical when she was on. The Witches of Eastwick is only mildly interesting for me.
    It really was. Mirai seemed so happy performing it-it was definitely her taste. And I knew after Worlds that she'd found a good style for her. Movie music suits her well, but even though I love the music from WoE, I'm just not a huge fan of the medley she has. I think it has something to do with the fact that she's never seen the movie/read the book (so she's less familiar with the story).

I would love to see Mirai skate to the theme from the film Sabrina. I went to a John Williams concert where the orchestra played that theme, and it had a Mirai feel to me.

Otherwise, I think she's got to stick with what she has this year. Heck, she seems happy, so that's the important part.

vCash
    Goodness, costumes are expensive, and so are new programs! It is not an easy thing for skaters to change programs (especially $$Lori Nichol$$ programs) at this point in the season. I think Mirai would be better served by concentrating on technique and consistency. Better programs will come over the next few years, I am certain, as she matures and grows more confident in increasing her input into program selection. I am just grateful that she has such a unique personality for a US lady skater, and can't wait for her to come into her own style-wise.

vCash
    I think that Mirai has great programmes, they do not need to be changed. Instead she needs to train and train to be able to skate those programmes faultlessly.

Let It Snow
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post

My sight senses Nagasu has put on a little weight compared to last year. I don't know when that happened exactly (very possibly while she was resting her injury). Maybe her dresses where early made and couldn't take into account the change?

I'm also an over-the-boot tights lover. I understand I'm one of a few, or possibly the only one. But still: in my opinion, very few skater look better with in-the-boot tights. Nagasu not being one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Mirai's costumes aren't too short, that's just the way she's built, she has a very short torso and long legs and her dresses just accentuate that. Long skirts seem to make most skaters look matronly so I hope she doesn't get longer ones.
    All in all, I agree with the fact that current skirts don't bother me. And I probably wouldn't wanna have them longer.

What skaters hit pratically every single costume of their career? I think of Cohen. She started losing it when she began touring.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    It's a little late for that. She should focus on her training and peaking for Nationals (and hopefully Worlds).
    Hopefully at worlds. I so would like to see her at worlds!

vCash
    Mirai's programs are lovely. She just needs to skate them better.

vCash
    I think her new programs are a bit boring but I also believe they will look better when she works on them. Let's wait untill nationals.

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    It is probably too late for a change but I agree the programs could be better and said that when I first saw them.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast