Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's a girl!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
    Hearing this kind of makes me . Why are people so concerned with the gender? Especially when there are couples out there who try for years and can't conceive...I'm sure they'd be grateful for just one child, regardless of the sex.
    Because people are not robots and don't always see everything rationally and logically. Yes, from a rational standpoint one should just be thankful to be able to have a child. Yes, there are really no major advantages to having a girl over a boy or the other way around. Yes, people should be thinking of others, who are less fortunate - instead of getting upset over the gender.

But having children and other family issues have generally not a lot to do with logic or rationality. I know a woman who has five daughters and just found out her sixth child will be a boy. She was not really upset, but feels very nervous and insecure about it - and from time to time thinks that she would be happier / more relaxed if this child was a girl, too. Which, in my opinion, is perfectly understandable. And it doesn't make her selfish or ungrateful, just human.

Congrats bobalina on your girl!

vCash
    Great news and glad you're doing well with the pregnancy!

Now comes the fun part - decorating and buying clothes, and picking out paint colors and names.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobalina77 View Post
    We had our 3D ultrasound on Saturday and found out our peanut is a girl
    Congratulations!!

The detail is just.. wow.. and I would recommend anyone do it whether they want to find out the gender or not. The experience was worth the money even though she was stubborn about showing her face lol!
    You had the option of this ultrasound? My understanding is that it is practically mandatory for expecting mothers. I'm also surprised you had to pay for it?

vCash
    Congratulations!!!!! Please keep us updated as the big day approaches!

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    Congratulations!!

You had the option of this ultrasound? My understanding is that it is practically mandatory for expecting mothers. I'm also surprised you had to pay for it?
    This wasn't our anatomy scan.. which is covered by medical. It was a 3D one done at a private clinic that isn't used for anything diagnostic. The anatomy scan is just the regular u/s with the white fuzzy blob that kinda has the outline of a baby lol. They wouldn't tell us the gender at the anatomy scan because it's their policy not to tell. They aren't allowed.

vCash
    I had two ultrasounds with each of my first two kids. As much as I wanted to see them more, healthy pregnancy = fewer ultrasounds. I was OK with only seeing them twice because it meant that both baby and mama were healthy.

This time around, I've already had three ultrasounds. I'll have one in two weeks and one two weeks after that, then monthly growth scans. Sure is a difference expecting twins vs. singletons! According to the last ultrasound, they are both girls. I'm hoping that the tech will double-check at next week's before I buy fabric to make window treatments and crib bedding.

Conrats!!!

vCash
    We've narrowed our names down to 4 and the plan is to choose from those 4 once she's born. I can't believe that once the holidays are over we'll only have 3 more months till her arrival day
    I'll bet I can guess the 4 names: Michelle Kwan, Alissa Czisny, Dorothy Hamill, & Mirai Nagusu. (I even included middle names.) Well these would be my four.

Bobalina, March or April is a great birthday for a child. She will have her birthday during the school year & not around any holiday, and she will be 5 1/2 when she start kindergarten so she'll be more mature than the younger kids.

Congratulations to both of you.

vCash
    Congratulations! How exciting for you ... good luck with your baby! Can't wait to hear the name choice

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Stefanie I don't really get it either. We just wanted to know because we're both planners. If it turns out to be wrong then we'll deal with it but we would be happy either way.

Norlite they cover regular u/s but the 3D ones aren't covered because they aren't medical u/s.

Thank you IceAlisa
    There's a reason 3D aren't medically necessary. You can choose what to do to your unborn child. Just don't encourage others to do the same.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Congratulations bobalina!!

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Congrats!

Think of all the fun you'll have shopping for her...
    My shopaholic aunt would have gone broke multiple times over if she had gotten two daughters instead of my tomboy mom.

Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. As an imaging professional I can say we do not know all the long term risks of ultrasound. Doing one to assess the fetus prior to delivery and during development is one thing. Doing them just to see the fetus is another. It is unethical and unnecessary. The American Society of Sonography is opposed to the use of 3-D ultrasounds for this purpose.
    My former roommate had her baby recently and I'll say, it was a little creepy when she had all the 3-D ultrasounds posted on Facebook months before for everyone to see. You could already see what the baby would look like. I know we would have been if my mom had posted pre-birth pics of us online!

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Congratulations, bobalina!

vCash
    Congrats bobalina

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    Thanks guys.. we're very excited!

Anita we got like 2 decent profile pics of her.. most of them are of her feet lol! It's still going to be a surprise what she looks like. Especially since she still has to get her baby fat. She's just a skinny little thing right now lol!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FigureSpins View Post
    I think ultrasound forecasts are more precise now than they were years ago, but I also remember a story like that. My oldest is 20, so this was probably around 15 years ago.
    I started working with this woman in November 2000, and she had the baby in early 2001.

vCash
    Congratulations! Excited we're going to have a future FSUer in our midst

vCash
    We found out the gender of our baby at the 20 week u/s, the anatomy scan. I didn't think that was unusual?

Congrats!

vCash
    Wonderful news, Bobalina. My Ds ultrasound pic is the first one in her baby book!

vCash
    Oh my, I saw the thread title and thought there was a way premature birth. Whew! Congratulations nonetheless
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    outstanding! congratulations and happy shopping! Little girls have the cutest clothes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast