Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's a girl!

Duck Hunter
    vCash

It's a girl!

We had our 3D ultrasound on Saturday and found out our peanut is a girl

Watching her on the big screen was absolutely amazing! You feel them bumping around inside and you always wonder what the heck they're doing in there.. so actually seeing it was really cool! I love now that when I feel her I can kinda picture her in my head. Before all I had to go by was a fuzzy white blob that kinda looked like a baby and random movement lol! It was great for my fiance too because I get to feel her all the time, but he only gets to feel her once in a while when he puts his hand on my stomach. Watching him watch her on the screen in complete awe was priceless It was such a bonding experience for us. The detail is just.. wow.. and I would recommend anyone do it whether they want to find out the gender or not. The experience was worth the money even though she was stubborn about showing her face lol!

We've narrowed our names down to 4 and the plan is to choose from those 4 once she's born. I can't believe that once the holidays are over we'll only have 3 more months till her arrival day

vCash
    LOL@bobalina77! Congratulations and of course she will be a skating fan! Good luck and all the best for a healthy baby and a safe delivery. Oh yeah.... congratulations to the dad as well.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    How thrilling! I am so happy for you! Big hugs and take great care of yourself! Sleep now, while you can! I only had one child, a girl, and now I am 61 and she is 38, and she is my closest, dearest friend and soul mate. I hope your little girl will be that for you, too, and bring you great joy.

vCash
    Mazel tov!

vCash
    Congrats!

Think of all the fun you'll have shopping for her...

vCash
    Yay! Girls are so much fun!

vCash
    Congrats!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Congrats!
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobalina77 View Post
    The detail is just.. wow.. and I would recommend anyone do it whether they want to find out the gender or not. The experience was worth the money even though she was stubborn about showing her face lol!
    I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. As an imaging professional I can say we do not know all the long term risks of ultrasound. Doing one to assess the fetus prior to delivery and during development is one thing. Doing them just to see the fetus is another. It is unethical and unnecessary. The American Society of Sonography is opposed to the use of 3-D ultrasounds for this purpose.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Congratulations!

Resident Rude Brazilian
    In a million depressions over the end of the World Cup
    vCash
    Congratulations dear!!!!
    A little Glamour Puss in the making!

Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. As an imaging professional I can say we do not know all the long term risks of ultrasound. Doing one to assess the fetus prior to delivery and during development is one thing. Doing them just to see the fetus is another. It is unethical and unnecessary. The American Society of Sonography is opposed to the use of 3-D ultrasounds for this purpose.
    But you gotta hand it that it's cool if you get to see it.

vCash
    They are sure, though, right?

Everytime I hear people say "according to the ultrasound..." I think back to a former co-worker of mine who was 7 months pregnant when I started working with her. She had 2 boys already and she soooo wanted a girl, and she was told she was going to have one. Then, when the baby came out... it was a boy. She was so upset, she was crying about it in the delivery room, because she was counting on having a daughter.

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    I've heard that. I've only had one u/s this pregnancy and we have one more at 28 weeks because they couldn't get a good shot of the spine at the first one. I've known women who have had a whole lot more than that for various reasons. Obviously you need to use your best judgment, but it was a 20 min u/s. We weren't in there for an hour like at our anatomy scan.

Anyway I don't want to turn this thread into a debate about the evils of ultrasounds.

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karina1974 View Post

Everytime I hear people say "according to the ultrasound..." I think back to a former co-worker of mine who was 7 months pregnant when I started working with her. She had 2 boys already and she soooo wanted a girl, and she was told she was going to have one. Then, when the baby came out... it was a boy. She was so upset, she was crying about it in the delivery room, because she was counting on having a daughter.
    Yep she was pretty confident. There wasn't much doubt lol. That's funny.. I honestly don't know anyone who has found out the gender at an u/s just to have it be wrong.. but I do hear stories elsewhere lol!

vCash
    My cousin's first baby was a girl according to three ultrasounds.

The story of his birth goes like this:

Doctor: It's a boy!

His mother and grandmother in unison: WHAT?

vCash
    I think ultrasound forecasts are more precise now than they were years ago, but I also remember a story like that. My oldest is 20, so this was probably around 15 years ago.

A friend's sister was expecting twins, and the parents asked to know the gender(s). The tech said they were having boy/girl twins and my friend's huge family was ecstatic! My friend was one of six siblings, and the baby's father had four brothers & sisters, all doting aunts and uncles waiting for their first niece and nephew. Everyone bought matching brother:sister outfits with vests/pants and matching dresses. The Christening suit and gown were pulled from the attic.

Needless to say, the twins turned out to be two boys. The dresses all went back to the store for exchange, and they had to borrow a Christening suit for Twin Boy B, hahaha.

Congratulations! Enjoy this special time of waiting and anticipation. Advent is a nice season to plan and reflect. Good health to you all!

vCash

Hearing this kind of makes me . Why are people so concerned with the gender? Especially when there are couples out there who try for years and can't conceive...I'm sure they'd be grateful for just one child, regardless of the sex.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    How about we don't derail this particular thread with the tangential topics like criticism of wanting to know the sex of the baby and stories of how ultrasound fails.
    (it happens but most of the time it's correct these days, so don't worry!)

Again, congrats to you! Hope what's left of your pregnancy and delivery is easy and hope you have a happy and healthy baby!
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Congrats! I had them for 3 of my 4, and they were never wrong on the gender. (if that makes you feel any better)

Quote Originally Posted by bobalina77 View Post
    The experience was worth the money even though she was stubborn about showing her face lol!
    You had to pay? Why? My provincial insurance covered all mine. Of course, that was years ago but my daughter in law's was covered too come to think of it, and her last was only 6 years ago.

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    Stefanie I don't really get it either. We just wanted to know because we're both planners. If it turns out to be wrong then we'll deal with it but we would be happy either way.

Norlite they cover regular u/s but the 3D ones aren't covered because they aren't medical u/s.

Thank you IceAlisa

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast