"The Social Network"

Best Motion Picture (Comedy or Musical):
    "Alice in Wonderland"
    "Burlesque"
    "The Kids Are All Right"
    "Red"
    "The Tourist"

vCash
    Congratulations to all the nominees and glad to see a couple of my favourites got mentioned: The Black Swan and The Walking Dead. No mention for Hawaii 5-0 or Castle. LOL

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Congratulations to all the nominees and glad to see a couple of my favourites got mentioned: The Black Swan and The Walking Dead. No mention for Hawaii 5-0 or Castle. LOL

Best Supporting Actor (Television):
    Scott Caan, "Hawaii Five-0"

vCash
    I'm shocked Burlesque made it into any list of "Best" movie anywhere.

I love me anything Christina, so I saw it, and her singing was fabulous, of course, but everything else was baaaad. Worst acting (from everyone) I've seen in years, goofy, hokey story too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    I'm shocked Burlesque made it into any list of "Best" movie anywhere.

I love me anything Christina, so I saw it, and her singing was fabulous, of course, but everything else was baaaad. Worst acting (from everyone) I've seen in years, goofy, hokey story too.
    Even worse than Whitney "And.....then....I.....exHALED.....girlfriend" Houston or Beyonce "Bitch......Iwillshowyoucrazy" Knowles?

I have a good friend who lurves all things Cher, and he thinks she should be nominated for an Oscar for her role in Burlesque. Shit, I lurve Cher, but I actually think that she should return the Oscar she DID win .

vCash
    I'm surprised Toy Story 3 failed to get nominated. The Golden Globes always have funny nominations for the big prize since they split the category in genres and the Foreign Press Association really has no transparency and are more worried about schmoozing with the celebrities that they reward.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    I'm surprised Toy Story 3 failed to get nominated.
    It did, under best animated movie.

Best Animated Movie:
    "Despicable Me"
    "How to Train Your Dragon"
    "The Illusionist"
    "Tangled"
    "Toy Story 3"

vCash
    Burlesque? They must have been hard up for musicals.

In the Best Song category, "Coming Home" isn't a bad song, but I wouldn't say it's the best one on the Country Strong soundtrack. I think I'd have gone with "A Little Bit Stronger" -- but then, I suppose if you're running the Golden Globe ceremony, you'd rather have Gwyneth Paltrow performing than Sara Evans.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Some of the nominations are exactly what I expected and other just seem really bizarre. I don't get the Halle Berry or Michael Douglas nominations at all. I also don't get the nominations for Alice in Wonderland or Burlesque. I'm hoping The Kids Are All Right take the category. The nominations for Drama series were really exciting. I would have liked to have seen True Blood in there since it had its strongest season. I have never watched The Good Wife, but I know the other four series totally deserve their nominations. I'm so excited for Laura Linney and The Big C. I love that show and Laura Linney's acting in general is
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    It did, under best animated movie.

Best Animated Movie:
    "Despicable Me"
    "How to Train Your Dragon"
    "The Illusionist"
    "Tangled"
    "Toy Story 3"
    I forgot that the Golden Globes have strict rules about their categories. Like foreign films not being eligible for Best Drama or Best Comedy/Musical (which got them into a small controversy when Babel won Best Drama when about 75% of the film was in a foreign language).
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    The nominations for Drama series were really exciting. I would have liked to have seen True Blood in there since it had its strongest season.
    That's my only disappoinment about the TV Drama catagory. True Blood had their best season yet, and the actors deserved some recognition, especially Denis O'Hare(Russell).

vCash
    Alice In Wonderland, The Tourist, and Burlesque are ranked among some of the worst reviewed movies of the year, and they're nominated? How much money did the Associated Press members pocketed for those nominations, LOL ? I feel bad that The Kids are Alright are included in this group.

ETA: Maybe The Tourist and Burlesque are nominated in the hope that Bradgelina and Cher will show up on award night to add glamour and draw viewers.

Since there's a separate drama and comedy/musical category, how about one just for action movie?
    Last edited by orbitz; 12-14-2010 at 04:58 PM.

vCash
    The Tourist???????Angelina Jolie, "The Tourist"??????Johnny Depp, "The Tourist"??????

vCash
    Wow. No Gwyneth Paltrow.

vCash
    Glee, The Good Wife & Modern Family!

I really, really hope Sofia Vergara takes the supporting actress category - she's been absolutely outstanding this season, IMO. I'm surprised neither Christine Baranski nor Archie Panjabi got nominations.

Great for Emma Stone, she made Easy A. I'm also happy for Mila Kunis, who I really like and I've heard is an absolutely lovely person in real life.

vCash
    I hope you guys don't mind if I turn this into an Oscar preview thread since that's what the Golden Globes really are.

The National Board of Review selected their choices some time ago:

http://www.nbrmp.org/awards/

They chose The Social Network to be the Best Picture of the Year.

as did Los Angeles

http://www.lafca.net/years/2010.html

and Boston

http://www.thebsfc.org/

New York hasn't voted yet, but the New York Online critics also chose The Social Network as the Best Picture of the year. It looks like The Social Network is this year's Hurt Locker.

The National Society of Film Critics are a bit...contrarian when they make their picks but when it's sort of a blow-out like this, they tend to agree with the other organizations.

vCash
    The Kids Are All Right (though hoping that J Moore, much as I love her, is not nominated for an Oscar ... as it might siphon votes from the long overdue Bening)

Sophia Vergara (she should -- and will methinks -- win!)

Mila Kunis (cool surprise. Gorgeous and a deft comedian ... 'bout time she's hitting the big time)

No Paltrow

Burlesque (I thought the movie was a hoot, but certainly not award calibre beyond the music ... and Cher's face has been incapable of moving, let alone acting, for years)

No Jane Krakowski (BAH!)

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    The New York Times had some 54 sec "short films" made highlighting 14 possible award contenders. I enjoyed them. Especially the background music.
    http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...4actors.html#1

vCash
    I'm disappointed that Damages failed to garner any nominations for its fantastic (though not its best) third season (this one loosely based on the whole Bernie Madoff fiasco). Glenn Close and Rose Byrne got nominations for the past two seasons and I would have liked the streak to continue.

vCash
    I recently watched Luther on BBCA and really enjoyed it. So yay for Idris Elba!
    Creating drama!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast